Epic Perfect World

Soulforce balance

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
So as a long time player of PW the game itself and playing various classes, I have concluded that the Seeker's Morai skills do less damage than normal skills, (i.e. Dark Cloud Bolt deals 40-50% more damage than Blood Thirsty Blitz) and you want to lower Soulforce? I get that you are suggesting it be fair across the board for all classes but I am not killing anything fast anytime soon with Archangels of Justice or Blood Thirsty Blitz even with 70k+ Soulforce. Although I do agree that this server is one of the closest to  being balanced. On a personal note though in my opinion the Seeker does not hit hard enough to kill of any of the classes for the fact that we have to keep high defense so we don't drop all over the place. I hate to compare servers but at least PWI gave the seeker justice in being able to deal decent damage and be able to pvp better since here in Epic it would take at least 7-10 hits or more to kill a person depending on class. I also know the argument of "well stat for more attack" the problem with that is all of the aps, insta cast players make it difficult to stat for damage when you cant even get a hit in so may as well go for strong defense and have a chance to do some damage but anyway back to the main point, I do believe that balance is necessary but not so much to the point it makes all the classes too weak? If you get what I am saying. Well thanks for reading my thought and please don't flame and troll because this statement is mere opinion for the most part.

Take Care :smiley:

Could you explain to me how does soulforce affect your seeker or any other class than psy?
Maybe im stupid, but isnt Soulforce only for Psychic and affects only Psychics Soul of Stunning, Soul of Silence, Soul of Retaliation, Soul of Vengeance and Mana Burn?

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
I just want to ask 1 thing here if it's possible  :P
I m thinking abt maximum soulforce for all classes, it should be 55k(55350) just like psy has. Why?

1. It's unfair, when other classes can get their max potential of their Morai skills. (ex: BM's Reel-in has higher chance if casted on Psy). etc
2. It's ironic, the game says Psychic is master of soulforce but psy has the lowest soulforce. At least make other classes soulforce is equal to psy.

So guys wht do u think abt my suggestion?

What difference does it make if other classes have higher soulforce if Psychic is the only class that is actually affected by it?If just seeing lower number near Psychich "Soulforce" than u see on other classes is pain in the ass, just play other classes jheez.
Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:10 am by x2yt

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Many of the morai skills for any class have a soulforce component. This is pretty easily maxed out with the EPW +12 everything (even if wep was nerfed to no refine). The component the original post was about however is for the skills that look at the soulforce of both the caster and the target.

Take the wizard HP & location reverting skills. Their success chance is based off the difference in soulforce between caster & target. This means that with the current nerf on psy's alone these skills have a slightly larger chance of working on a psy than on anything else.

rainlu

that nerf is good thing they have already eternal silences and stuns

Offline Sombrero

-sees posts... cannot facepalm hard enough-

I now understand why many creatures devour their young... a fair amount of the posters in this thread should've been born among those very creatures.

Asshole comment aside; lovely, reasonable suggestion. It's about damn time.

Offline bluntpuffer

Sorry for you kaydhen.

Too bad this community trashes on every suggestion that ever comes out there.
SinitusTempo
Thallus
TreeMan
BlazingFury
psycosis
bluntpuffer
MystiqForce

rainlu

As a psychic.. i can vouch, we should at LEAST decrease the other classes soulforce. Seeing as how if someone knows anything about genies, they can become resistant to silence, and even stunning, so those are terrible excuses. And the bm Reel In works 8/10 times, and the seeker pets wreck a casters hp unless their endgame.
Psychics are supposed to be the masters of soulforce, seeing as how some out our attacks, AND buffs depend on it, we should have as much, if not more than the other classes. its not like it does a massive damage, or channeling increase. even if it does, wizzy still hits harder base than we do, just not quite as fast.
so if you wont increase soulforce you could at least lower the duration of the Will Surge/Belief, seeing as how any class that has that on its genie can easily wreck a psy now, black or white voodoo, since you can easily purge people with pike/bow/veno.

seekers pets against psy ? (they die in 1 hit)
lower the duration of will surge belief > are you crazy ?

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
that nerf is good thing they have already eternal silences and stuns

they are also the most vulnerable when on the offence, with the lowest p.def and the lowered def. level.

Hence why the silence helps somewhat, although thanks to genies, pots and whatnot silence becomes quite irrelevant if the opponent knows what he/she is doing.

Not saying psychics are at a disadvantage or anything.. it's just the way it is, diff. classes have their own strengths and weaknesses. That's what makes them unique and distinctively a separate class. At the end of the day, it's all the same and balanced..

Except the suggested matter, of soulforce. Kinda unfair if all other classes have a higher chance to proc. their morai skill on Psys than all the other classes...  This will be a bigger issue after SoW patch i believe, when certain skills on most classes get a boost based off of soulforce, (from what i've heard/read, so don't quote me on that).
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Okay so I have looked into it and (although it's still not tested), Psychics will be able to refine their weapons (after recraft) to gain soulforce equal to soulforce of other classes. And MAYBE they will be able to learn their sage/demon soul skills - this still needs to be considered.. The chance of procing SoS will be lowered though (and this will be basically the only nerf they would have, unless we consider making SoS a self buff only a nerf too (I'd rather call it common sense)).

Offline SlowPokie

• Forever.
  • Legendzā„¢.
I find psys op enough to make changes ...

Offline Fatigue

• Glorious
  • You will never be this beautiful
I take it you're lowering current soulspheres "refined" damage

or they're just gonna be 1 hitting everyone

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
I take it you're lowering current soulspheres "refined" damage

or they're just gonna be 1 hitting everyone

Current sphere damage is "already refined" and
you just don't have number +12 at upper corner.

There are two options:
Keep same number for all refinement levels,
just allow refine numbers (same as R8 armor).
or
Reduce non-refined values and gradually raise them
to present values at +12 refine.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Fatigue

• Glorious
Current sphere damage is "already refined" and
you just don't have number +12 at upper corner.

There are two options:
Keep same number for all refinement levels,
just allow refine numbers (same as R8 armor).
or
Reduce non-refined values and gradually raise them
to present values at +12 refine.

No no thats exactly what im saying sorry i must have wrote it wrong. Reduce it before they get the =12 because if they get +12 with already +12 equal damage they'll be smacking ass

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
No no thats exactly what im saying sorry i must have wrote it wrong. Reduce it before they get the =12 because if they get +12 with already +12 equal damage they'll be smacking ass

Hey, if the max damage will be at +12,
what is the difference if at +6 the damage
is the same or lower?
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Fatigue

• Glorious
Hey, if the max damage will be at +12,
what is the difference if at +6 the damage
is the same or lower?

I don't think i follow. I was under the belief that they removed refine for spheres, but boosted their damage so it was equal to +12 damage without having the soulforce boost. If they leave it as so and they get +12 then it will be equal to +24 no?