Epic Perfect World

EPW Update v54

Offline Insanity

• Forum Veteran
Majority of the community = you and 5 xpendable members, 3 of who don't even have epw installed? Even if it was the actual majority who asked free gears, the majority doesn't understand or care about how the server works and what is best for it in the long run.
We already discussed this in discord and skype before, I don't know why you want to do it a 3rd time. I am making gears easier over time but they will not become free. You should wait to see future updates to see if you like what I'm doing or not
-I was just being humble and said majority of this community, I am this community and I don't say anything that is not in its favor.
-EPW is installed in 10 minutes, not a good argument.
-Like I said before, you are a great developer but your incompetence in management is what took the server this far so I can't say you know what's best for the server.
-We discussed this but you still don't understand, you said you are going to make major changes weeks ago but the only major change that happened was you finally replying someone on forums.

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
-Like I said before, you are a great developer but your incompetence in management is what took the server this far so I can't say you know what's best for the server.
-We discussed this but you still don't understand, you said you are going to make major changes weeks ago but the only major change that happened was you finally replying someone on forums.
- My only "incompetence" was inactivity
- I don't recall saying there will be "major changes". In skype group we discussed what will happen; shards easier, engraves easier, sb nerfed, ep nerfed, speedstart, more activity, all of those I already did. Next I plan on making R8 easier and have the gap between beginner, decent and endgame be smaller, also some more balance changes over time.

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
Majority of the community = you and 5 xpendable members, 3 of who don't even have epw installed? Even if it was the actual majority who asked free gears, the majority doesn't understand or care about how the server works and what is best for it in the long run.
We already discussed this in discord and skype before, I don't know why you want to do it a 3rd time. I am making gears easier over time but they will not become free. You should wait to see future updates to see if you like what I'm doing or not
Theres 15 of us which can easily go to much more and everybody has epw installed they're just not logging because no1 is going to take a month to farm gear on a server without pk lol, we're already making very big pks on other servers and 99% of the times we are the initiators of the pk.
Its not just us though go see replies after ive posted its really alot of them and not just that forum is a minority there are so many people that would love to see those changes from other servers to discords n games that would want to come to play.
I think everyone who still plays or wants to play care about the server and PW in general, those who don't left long time ago. It snot just better for the server to obtain gear in minimal effort but for the game in general. EPW was always "that" server that everyone has and would/will agree to play but not with current gear system in this day and age its discouraging and quite shit and not fun. People spend so much time to gear 1 character by the time its geared they are already bored of it and again they cant make alts because it will take them just as much to gear that and i know how much it sucks because when im bored of my main class i dont even want to play the game knowing only solution is to play undergeared alt.
We gave EPW try multiple times last 2 weeks, came to DHs and TWs; Its complete unbalanced 1 shot lagshitfest even though the pk is 1000x smaller than wherever else we were playing fps is unplayable unless you go simple models and elements which i dont even have to use anywhere else. But we don't feel like doing it anymore because we have to leave our friends behind in order to play this server because alot of them never even played pw before 1 month ago. RPK is unfun due to new class cancer mechanics u cant even kite or outplay the enemy that has a gram of brain and they outnumber u with new classes.
 What happened to you saying i will bring fun to the server when you started being an admin?

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
People spend so much time to gear 1 character by the time its geared they are already bored of it and again they cant make alts because it will take them just as much to gear that and i know how much it sucks because when im bored of my main class i dont even want to play the game knowing only solution is to play undergeared alt.
Having it easy to gear new characters to play on other classes would not equal out the loss from having nothing to do when there is no PvP, besides, eventually you'd get bored of those classes too. Even if 200 new PvP players would agree to come play if gears were made free, the server would still die quicker than it would with how things are right now. People who only play for PvP get bored quickly and with that the server could close any day when those players decide to stop PvPing. Good thing about PvE is that it doesn't rely on any certain group or other players at all. It's as you said, you started many PKs in other server, now what happens if you decide to quit? No more PK and server gone? But of course you don't care if the server would be gone since you wouldn't be playing anymore...

I'm not going to reply again since this is a pointless argument, gears will definitely not be made free. I'll just leave with this
I am making gears easier over time but they will not become free. You should wait to see future updates to see if you like what I'm doing or not

Offline ------

• Forum Veteran

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
Having it easy to gear new characters to play on other classes would not equal out the loss from having nothing to do when there is no PvP, besides, eventually you'd get bored of those classes too. Even if 200 new PvP players would agree to come play if gears were made free, the server would still die quicker than it would with how things are right now. People who only play for PvP get bored quickly and with that the server could close any day when those players decide to stop PvPing. Good thing about PvE is that it doesn't rely on any certain group or other players at all. It's as you said, you started many PKs in other server, now what happens if you decide to quit? No more PK and server gone? But of course you don't care if the server would be gone since you wouldn't be playing anymore...

I'm not going to reply again since this is a pointless argument, gears will definitely not be made free. I'll just leave with this

You get bored of a class you go to next and then go back to your main like everyone always does they just need a little break to pass the burn out phase.
There can still be PvE even if actual the most important 6 pieces of armor are easily aquired(which is our main suggestion make r8 easy to farm and remove shit stats, or just free but r8 being free would suck because u would have cucks with autocraft camping forge all day for best possible stats).
Its a competition like with any other brand or anything else in real life people will play or do what they like more, which EPW after so many years started to lose under your management and stuborness and its sad to see our fav server gone to shit with very little hope on getting better, maybe we can come back in few months after summer is over when people wont have as much time to play again to see how its doing lol

Offline Martylka

• see you next time
  • coming back like a boomerang
  • Characters: Martylka, Eulika
Everyone who has multiple alts don't play it because can't efford to buy shards for 10+toons, don't have time for labour JUST for stupid shards. It totally can't be like that 1 shard (while you need 16 of them for every toon) cost more than whole ornament without that stupidy. Other things really can stay as they are but shards SHOULD be in price like shards from God's Giving. For God's sake.

And what totally is encouraging is that you discuss stuff with Xpend members not in community, while they don't even play, lol. So yes for sure you won't respond not even take into consideration what other players tell so that post is pointless too.

Offline Flower

• Retired Staff Member
  • Ivoreh was here first! Chocolate♥✿| Peterpekpek |Anshed! #BoobssignedbyDream
  • Faction: EPW_Team
And what totally is encouraging is that you discuss stuff with Xpend members not in community, while they don't even play, lol. So yes for sure you won't respond not even take into consideration what other players tell so that post is pointless too.
They are members of this community for many years and just because someone is not active at the moment their voice should not be heard? Insanity suggested a manager instead of Burdette as both manager and developer exactly because someone needs to start replying to concerns and you just confirmed why it's needed

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
They are members of this community for many years and just because someone is not active at the moment their voice should not be heard? Insanity suggested a manager instead of Burdette as both manager and developer exactly because someone needs to start replying to concerns and you just confirmed why it's needed
If they don't play then they are not as aware of how things actually are, so their opinions are less valid than those that play.

And I don't understand this manager argument, if there was a manager then I would pick someone with same opinions as me, so the changes would be very similar still. Also I am replying to concerns, just check the last 3 patches patch notes, nearly all the changes were things that the community was requesting, I didn't even want to add speedstart but I thought it would make the server more appealing to PvP players since every other server has it. There will still be plenty of changes that the community is requesting, like R8 easier, trials shorter, FR easier to find squad, db nerfed etc.
People really need to stop expecting everything in 1 patch

Offline Insanity

• Forum Veteran
If they don't play then they are not as aware of how things actually are, so their opinions are less valid than those that play.

And I don't understand this manager argument, if there was a manager then I would pick someone with same opinions as me, so the changes would be very similar still. Also I am replying to concerns, just check the last 3 patches patch notes, nearly all the changes were things that the community was requesting, I didn't even want to add speedstart but I thought it would make the server more appealing to PvP players since every other server has it. There will still be plenty of changes that the community is requesting, like R8 easier, trials shorter, FR easier to find squad, db nerfed etc.
Not like I spent the past weeks on EPW doing DH/TW, I don't speak out of nothing but personal experience.
Your inactivity is not the problem, no one minds that.
Speedstart was a good addition and it had to be added because people used it either way.
That is the point of hiring a manager, someone who sees stuff that you can't see.

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
Not like I spent the past weeks on EPW doing DH/TW, I don't speak out of nothing but personal experience.
Your inactivity is not the problem, no one minds that.
Speedstart was a good addition and it had to be added because people used it either way.
That is the point of hiring a manager, someone who sees stuff that you can't see.
Is this how you imagine it: I pick a manager > he tells me Insanity is right and make gears free > gears become free?
This would never happen. And other changes that people are asking I'm already doing, as I just explained
And my point was that some of the people who support you aren't playing, I never said you're not playing
why can't people understand that the population of the game isn't always here in the forums? I know a lot who enjoys doing PvE, I'm just saying. Y'all want easy gears because by the time you finish gearing one class, you shift because you're bored. So what if you run out of classes to build then? You keyboard warriors need to take a seat.

If you claim you can revive the game by coming back, the moment you lose interest because you got sick of PvP quickly, the game dies with it. Which is why PvE is essential. It can DEFINITELY be a lot easier, but presupposing that easy endgame gear = revival of the game is very illogical and stupid. Y'all are simply short-sighted. We've seen countless servers dying as fast as I run when DBs come for my cleric ass (lol) because they're purely PvP. Stop it with the dumb claims

Offline Insanity

• Forum Veteran
Is this how you imagine it: I pick a manager > he tells me Insanity is right and make gears free > gears become free?
This would never happen. And other changes that people are asking I'm already doing, as I just explained
And my point was that some of the people who support you aren't playing, I never said you're not playing
No, I don't want him to say Insanity is right, but he should change things, you say PVE is important and I agree with you, it keeps people playing and I told you before the shards and engraves can stay the same, I don't want them changed they can stay hard to get and expensive it's a good thing, but people know they ONLY have to work on engraves and shards, which is what everyone is doing right now, but r8 is just very unnecessary and is a huge waste of time

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
No, I don't want him to say Insanity is right, but he should change things, you say PVE is important and I agree with you, it keeps people playing and I told you before the shards and engraves can stay the same, I don't want them changed they can stay hard to get and expensive it's a good thing, but people know they ONLY have to work on engraves and shards, which is what everyone is doing right now, but r8 is just very unnecessary and is a huge waste of time
Only shards and engraves would be finished too quickly. I doubt many would try for 4atk, most would stay with 2atk+stat, which is pretty easy, same with shards. So if I kept things how they are and made r8 free, everyone would get engraves and shards quick and it's still PvP reliant. If I make shards and engraves harder then most wouldn't bother going for them, I'm talking about 1 in 200k chance for 4atk etc, you don't see people trying 3x channeling wrist right, or even 2x int EA boots which is 1 in 100k, so it's still PvP reliant. If I increase the stat difference between low gear and high gear to encourage PvE then we would be back at where we are now. It's better to have 5 parts 1 in 1500 chance than 1 part 1 in 7500 chance, overall gameplay is better like this, and you can actually make progress instead of having to luck spike once. PvE players don't enjoy endlessly rerolling, they enjoy making progress, which is much better to achieve with multiple parts since the chances can be actually reachable.
What needs to be changed is decreasing the gap between low farm and high farm, while keeping multiple pieces. Most important pieces should be easier to get and less impactful harder to get, which is what I'll be doing next patches; making important parts that give more stats (R8) easier to get good stats on.