Epic Perfect World

TW mobility too high!

Offline Aujami

• Old Player
anyone noticed the mobility in tw is way too high? 15 speed mounts and 13 speed wings are way too much to have a fun tw. wonder if anything can be done for this. maybe no mounts no wings in tw would make it more fun  :P

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Hmm, it's somewhat of a mixed thing. Catapults have not had increased speeds so they are still slow but it's all too easy to just rush at max-flightspeed to the nearest enemy tower & drop it in building stage with a 3spark.

It also makes defending far easier (much easier to catch up with catapults) but on the other side it also boosts offensive ability by re-joining attacks faster.

I see your point but I'm not sure its a problem since both sides face it equally.  IMO removing all mounts and wings is a bad idea though. Air combat is very much a part of TW strategy. I wonder if it'd be possible to reduce the base-speed of all mounts/wings to a more managable level in that instance?
Having mounts capped at 11 in there & wings capped at 10 (with accelerate on) would make for a bit of a more balanced movement speed.

I wouldn't mind seeing a decrease in maximum players in the instance either.. even the biggest factions on here can barely manage 60 or 70.  The average factions have about 40.  Not to mention the lag issues which will only get worse with sirens of war.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
Solution: We will check IF its possible to work on the speed of the towers being built.

Offline Aujami

• Old Player
the issue with high mobility is if 1 of the sides got 10-15 more ppl it's really hard to defend against them. all they gotta do is just do constant pushes and put high preasure on defenders. there is no strategy envovle here ever since i came to this sever every tw if one of the sides got 15 more ppl it's guarteed they gonna win unless they screw up badly.
tw meant to be strategical but with the high mobility no matter how good ur faction in tw the one with more ppl will win.

tower dmg and hp add was nice but there is no point if u can just rush in destory these towers before they even fully built.

Offline Benji

Its not a problem in my opinion. Yes ppl can rush trough TW map,but it does not change anything if we get increased tower building speed. They can rush at enemy base,that will have towers up (hurts like hell now). Catas will be slow to come and destroy the towers. Defense has a very big advantage. If on the other way everyone wait on catas so they destroy the towers and help at assault,its the same as PWI-cata speed is same.
Now if you will say its not the same,casue after death ppl can rush right back in fight,they can do that either way by using teleport pillars.
So anyway,with both side having same speed. And if we get faster building towers,its all great.

Offline Aujami

• Old Player

I wouldn't mind seeing a decrease in maximum players in the instance either.. even the biggest factions on here can barely manage 60 or 70.  The average factions have about 40.  Not to mention the lag issues which will only get worse with sirens of war.

this would be great if it's done after all this server is not big enof to hold 80 capacity TW not with different in time zones. 50 or 60 cap. would do it at least untill server grow up big and see factions pull out more than 60 ppl at all times.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
this would be great if it's done after all this server is not big enof to hold 80 capacity TW not with different in time zones. 50 or 60 cap. would do it at least untill server grow up big and see factions pull out more than 60 ppl at all times.

Yea, on the official server the really big factions can manage 100-120 showing for a TW. Which is enough to defend multiple instances if one is maxed & others are fewer.
 If the same ish numbers applied here a maximum of 40 in a TW would make sense. The big factions are then capable of defending multiple lands at once & the medium sized facs get to actually TW without being guaranteed rolled by a huge number difference. It'd also make strategy & playing skill far more of a factor than numbers when more factions can fill the 40.  Maybe the GM's could test this out? See what a 40v40 TW is like, if it works etc?

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
anyone noticed the mobility in tw is way too high? 15 speed mounts and 13 speed wings are way too much to have a fun tw. wonder if anything can be done for this. maybe no mounts no wings in tw would make it more fun  :P

Let me be honest as always:

There is no universal definition of fun. Some people like slower,
some faster. Making things "more fun" for one automatically
makes it less fun for someone else.

The one who is chasing is no slower/faster than the chased one.
Now you just have overal dynamics slightly higher (more vivid),
noone gets any advantage over others by speed.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Aujami

• Old Player
Its not a problem in my opinion. Yes ppl can rush trough TW map,but it does not change anything if we get increased tower building speed. They can rush at enemy base,that will have towers up (hurts like hell now). Catas will be slow to come and destroy the towers. Defense has a very big advantage. If on the other way everyone wait on catas so they destroy the towers and help at assault,its the same as PWI-cata speed is same. Now if you will say its not the same,casue after death ppl can rush right back in fight,they can do that either way by using teleport pillars.So anyway,with both side having same speed. And if we get faster building towers,its all great.

in pwi taking that pillar is #1 priority u know why? to prevent other side from doing constant pushes but here u don't need to do since u can just rush to other base with wings or mounts.
1 squad can rape both towers if they still being built. so decreasing the building time WILL help.

defenders is never at adv when it comes to defending more numbers from attck side. knowing that 10 more ppl than what u have in def from attcker side can destroy ur def or at least buy time for cata to get to ur base.

Offline Aujami

• Old Player
Let me be honest as always:

noone gets any advantage over others by speed.

the one with slightly more ppl can terrify the other side with those speeds.

Offline Benji

in pwi taking that pillar is #1 priority u know why? to prevent other side from doing constant pushes but here u don't need to do since u can just rush to other base with wings or mounts.
1 squad can rape both towers if they still being built. so decreasing the building time WILL help.

defenders is never at adv when it comes to defending more numbers from attck side. knowing that 10 more ppl than what u have in def from attcker side can destroy ur def or at least buy time for cata to get to ur base.
You didnt rly get me. I meant,speed of moving in TW wont be a problem if we get decreased tower building speed. As it is now,it is a problem,cause as said,it can be destroyed while still in process of building.
As for the pillars, most of ppl here dont even know the purpose of those,so they dont bother with it.

EDIT: and as such,decreased tower building time is a solution. Why? Cause defenders get a big advantage with towers up even against bigger enemy. Point,push squads without catas get damaged by towers,killed by defenders and bb buffs. What gives even more advantage and time to defenders.
Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 01:24 pm by Basilisk

Offline Wolfgang

the one with slightly more ppl can terrify the other side with those speeds.

1 faction with 50-60 and the other one with 20 people at tw...well they can meet at middle and the one with 20 will still be terrified...

Wolfgang - 150 Barb
RazviArch - 150 Arch
HolyGod - 150 Wiz
Few others xD

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team

Being a GM, I LOVE high TW turnouts.
Being a person who plays a potato, I'd love for the player cap to be lower.

I love this idea, but there could be some drawbacks to it. I'll look into it, and see what I can find. :)

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline SlowPokie

• Forever.
  • Legendz™.
Very nice point made it is indee lame when cats
Hardly want to
Move and the people defendind against cata travel 2x faster the entire point is timing with force and no timing if cata
Is too slow for the
Squad lol  and if they slow down and wait
For cata it gives over 1 min for defender
To prepare

Offline yahiko

• Through pain we shall achieve peace
  • Characters: shinsuusenju
  • Faction: sync
if u guys actualy want a 40 cap for tw.... well u gota reduce everything else as well hq crystal hp / twr dmg (rapid fire) / Twr binding time ( binding twrs)...

But the worst would be that you will have to reduce the number of catas as well or squads wudnt be balanced so come to think of it a 40 player cap tw level 3 land would have 1 cata, a level 2 land would have 2 catas and ofcourse level 1 lands such as 1K and Arch tw's attack factions would have 4 catas.. you cud have the old number of catas but just wouldnt be able to balance ur attack and defence sqds then..with 8 cata barbs taking ur roster space.

so i say just leave it as it is

but the mobility issue with the flyer speeds i agree it might be a lil fast.. player cap reduction is just gona make tw's a joke..