Epic Perfect World

Poll

this poll is for the ones who have a heavy veno but cant use the skills while use a melee wep on fox form

yes
14 (28%)
no
20 (40%)
i dotn care
16 (32%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Venomancer able to use skills with meele weapons too

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
  • IDK, IDC, doesn't have an sexual effect on my life
Demon gives APS upon triple sparking but most HA Venos go Sage anyway but it is still a way for Venos to get some form of APS.

Not for Venomancers, instead of Attack/Channel speed they get more powerful increase in attack 700% for Magic and 650% Base Physical.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Jup HA venos have no real way of getting APS.  Not from spark at least, nor is there a r8r HA option.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
If Veno, why APS?
If APS, why Veno?

There are 10 classes in the game.
Each has own purpose and style.

People "hate Sin", and want to play every class like Sin.

What would you say if I wanted to play Barb in Wizzy style?
Opan Gangnam Style?

At least here is so easy to have every class and switch.

~~~~~

For Veno we need two versions of Dragon Pataka:
- Str for HA
- Mag for AA
(To say "for AA Pataka use R8" sometimes can sound like
slap in the face. Someone don't want R8 and all the shyt with it.)

That's more important than combining 2-3 classes into one.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
Snap

inb4:
But APS is like so pro you know I hax like skillzz when I spam Occult and 111111111111111111111, you derp me say no APS how dare you !!!! Me know to play u no know, me got APS Seeker/Barb/Psychic me is too pro for u to handle me go APS pro your ass.

Lets face it APS is just too damn OP to not have. Hell even mages want it (5aps fist for chi, but still).

Offline bluntpuffer

aaaaaaaand suggestion trashed.
SinitusTempo
Thallus
TreeMan
BlazingFury
psycosis
bluntpuffer
MystiqForce

Hei

Seekers have a least a couple ranged attacks in their arsenal.
You sir, are a dumbass. At the moment seekers have about 4 or 6 range skills to make up for the small number of control skills, and in sirens of war, all those skills get buffed, which means 20-28 range attacks. Even the close physical attack skill they had will be ranged.

As to why you have close range melee skills? For the same reason that melee classes usually have a handful of ranged skills: just in case.
Assassin's dagger throw is a just in case attack, same with warrior's range spear attack and 2 other attacks they have. Just in case meaning that if a target runs with 10% hp, the "just in case" skill is used to finish it off. How are you doing to do this with a close range attack?

Anyway I'll repost this: "Lets say, the wep that gets changed is a magic sword so that fox form skills can still be casted... phy attack on the wep would be increased as well as like 100% more accuracy(so arcane venos can hit, not miss classes with high dodge all the time), GoF(yes, GoF. this effect doesnt work with magic attacks, seeker being a really good example of that) and maybe aps was added to the wep, while magic attack was nerfed to 1-2 dmg[venos would have to switch wep in mid combat and sometimes they would get stunned before doing it, meaning they would have to focus on putting the right wep on as well as somehow run away to safety).

This would add more possibility to venos(like with barb's tiger form), instead of just purge, amp, take chi, go out from fox form and spam Venomous Scarab, Lucky Scarab, Ironwood Scarab and from time to time (when you get enough chi) nova. That gets kinda boring.

This wep should be only avaliable to Venomancers and would have the same stat requirements as r8r so both arcane and heavy venos can use it. Arcane wouldn't be able to tank or kill barbs sins or wr in close combat as much as those 3 classes could[in sin's case, veno would die before managing to kill them] and heavy venos would be more tanky and have more attack, accurecy evasion and crit boosed by the stats they have to use in order to put heavy armor on, which would make them much better in killing with fox form than arcane. And arcane wouldn't be able to evade much attacks from physical classes.

This way fox form venos would be able to deal some damage in fox form too.
Ah, and don't forget, if veno uses this weapon, they wouldn't have def lvl or purify in fox form, meaning that they are much easier targets to kill.
This sounds quite fair to be honest, and anyway, devs could test it to ensure balance.

Antihero

You sir, are a dumbass. At the moment seekers have about 4 or 6 range skills to make up for the small number of control skills, and in sirens of war, all those skills get buffed, which means 20-28 range attacks. Even the close physical attack skill they had will be ranged.

So you call me a dumbass, then essentially repeat the same thing I just said? Confirmed for troll, 1/10 for making me respond.

Hei

So you call me a dumbass, then essentially repeat the same thing I just said? Confirmed for troll, 1/10 for making me respond.
1st you said "For the same reason that melee classes usually have a handful of ranged skills: just in case."
And then "That's why I said usually. Barbarians might not, mainly because they're meant to be right in the middle of the action. That's why they're the designated tanks. Assassins, Blademasters, and Seekers have a least a couple ranged attacks in their arsenal."

So you basically said that seekers have range "just in case" and you grouped them with assassins which have 1 range attack(with quite long cooldown). I said that seekers are going to have all their skills ranged(except 4 aoes) in sirens of war. Therefore they will be a ranged class and won't have ranged skills which are specifically ment to finish off running targets.

Confirmed noob with fail memory, 1/10 for making me look for exact sentences to quote and go offtopic.

Antihero

Confirmed noob with fail memory.

Woah, don't be so hard on yourself. I heard Brain Age can help with that. Provided you have a DS... or an emulator.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
If Veno, why APS?
If APS, why Veno?

There are 10 classes in the game.
Each has own purpose and style.

People "hate Sin", and want to play every class like Sin.

What would you say if I wanted to play Barb in Wizzy style?
Opan Gangnam Style?

At least here is so easy to have every class and switch.

~~~~~

For Veno we need two versions of Dragon Pataka:
- Str for HA
- Mag for AA
(To say "for AA Pataka use R8" sometimes can sound like
slap in the face. Someone don't want R8 and all the shyt with it.)

That's more important than combining 2-3 classes into one.

I agree venos are not meant to be an APS class. The thing is they don't get anything to replace it with. They have no aps, almost no controll skills, almost no antistuns, no DPH, nothing.

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
I agree venos are not meant to be an APS class. The thing is they don't get anything to replace it with. They have no aps, almost no controll skills, almost no antistuns, no DPH, nothing.

There is thing called Support, not everything is meant to be able to kill stuff with specific builds. Ofc it could be just simple minded thinking that "OHEMGEE me pwn kill you" is only way in PvP. Support might not get the kills but without them the "Uber Derps" would have a lot harder time.

I have and love Venos (hate when enemy got them and love when we do) mainly because their value in Support.