Epic Perfect World

please teach me how to play sage seeker and Demon veno.

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
  • IDK, IDC, doesn't have an sexual effect on my life
Guess its just my personal problem about APS, but its so damn cheap and requires close to no skill to pull off (ok with Seeker a bit harder), and I personally think that IF you need APS to kill someone its automatically fail, also Sage Seeker got many Ranged skills (well semi-ranged Staggering and Rocksplitting which both get 20 meter on Sirens War).

So IMHO APS is for weak who can't kill without it, why make Seeker when you can make BM or Sin if you plan to just spam Auto-Attack with 2-3 skills. Skill Spamming req skill APS well not really.

PS: I do have R8r with wep which combined+buff give 91 Def.Lvl and I do usually camp using them while waiting on Combo CD or trying to kill something.
PPS: Its just IMHO about APS, they can/will kill fast but you just don't get the same feeling as you do when using Skills.
PPPS: For OP (Original Poster) just do what floats your boat, if you choose Seeker try both APS and DPH (Skill Spam).

rainlu

i see point of range attack only with metal combo on melees or gof gemini spike and also if u want to debuff def lvls with staggering,for shots like that and as finishing strikes when you are out of range after a combo. but it's only my playstyle ofcourse although im not saying it's any bad in damage since the gof+ crit may make the loose of aps + higher range+ r8 armor (and switching in battle may cause harm especially against casters and archers), but yeah i said occult on venos since they have to go badge of courage after and u can time your spike on them luckily they wont expel in time and they die if they are like most of venos if they dont use their survivability skill or ig.
than basically when u see them in fox form just wait till they come back...
but never wait for long if they have their genie ready for faith u should occult them again if u can survive that long
some venos can time faith extremely well i dont even know how can they time it so fast ...like really some can go faith in 0.00005 sec
and also kill their pet first everytime veno summons it
instead of using sacri just use BA>crimson>qpq against every class except barbs or seeks (cause it's readable and dodgeable and both of these have usually strength genie and not and will not break out of occult if they are occulted - the difference is if the one of seek has dex genie and the other strength then it would go like the dex genie seek would pretty much win it cause he will go occult X badge of courage and heart of steel and after that there is a probable end.).
side note: never spark or use wind shield or any other self buff that costs resources against veno at the start of fight, let her purge you first.
and pray and ofcourse nulify poison may be ur friend but that's worth only on dex genie again...so it's so hard for seek imho...when they you should use lawbreaker>unfetter>dark cloud bolt (praying u disrupt it)>next is up to you.
Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 09:01 pm by rainlu

Offline Nine_FOx

thank you for all of you, who give time to give me some suggestions. :smiley:
Gomiho the nine-tailed-fox.

Offline shinori

• クラウド
  • Resting among the clouds
Seeker is not a hard class to play. ijs
Shinori 150 seeker

rainlu

not hard but not so op like veno.ijs

oh and i figured out what you mean by that heartseeker don't immobilize 100 % of the time, it is cuz the imobillize is like a stance status so it interfere with other stance statuses as it tries to proc. :)

oh and i found out new strategy for seek vs. veno and i am posting it here...

dex or strength genie (doesn't even matter against venos)+ r8 gear+gof sword>extreme poison>rock spliting cleave>arme nier (u are almost dead by now - comes the big comeback listen carefully)>voidstep (if it fails be ready for nulify poison and of course get ready if u get purged use dew of star protection (try to never use this herb before veno purged u, cause it's most of time gonna determine if you loose or win) afte this all happens in !~1.5 -1.8 sec)>stalagstrike or heartseeker (depends if u triggered stun status if not just HS)>switch to aps dragon gear> autoatack with extreme fury dual edges>if u by chance dont get HF status in those 6 seconds just use rewinding gesture and voidstep again untill u get HF status>when you get HF qpq>and AA (if u have dex genie the extreme poison duration should be 18 seconds and still be there (if not apply again)
Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 08:45 pm by rainlu

Offline Nana

I'm confused. You claim that APS seekers requires no skill to play while you depend on getting crit+gof for the kill. Please explain your reasoning.

rainlu

I'm confused. You claim that APS seekers requires no skill to play while you depend on getting crit+gof for the kill. Please explain your reasoning.

whoever said aps requires no skill is dead  >:D

Offline FuR

• People can become...whatever they want to be.
APS SEEKER SUCCKKKKKKKKKKKKS.....ILLLL NEVER BECOME APS SEEEEEEEKER

Aga. Could u add int on Seeker r8 chest and boots...pls

rainlu

APS SEEKER SUCCKKKKKKKKKKKKS.....ILLLL NEVER BECOME APS SEEEEEEEKER

lock pliz it's spammy tyttyl

Aga. Could u add int on Seeker r8 chest and boots...pls

i already said all important

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
  • IDK, IDC, doesn't have an sexual effect on my life

Because sometimes its just not enough to try on combo with full HP enemy, you have to plan charm bypass which means manipulating enemy's HP aka keeping it 51-60%, you might have to use Stance swap.

For APS all you need is stun(s) and lucky stats on gear.

PS: Never liked using Crimson because it makes all your other Apo CD.

rainlu

Because sometimes its just not enough to try on combo with full HP enemy, you have to plan charm bypass which means manipulating enemy's HP aka keeping it 51-60%, you might have to use Stance swap.

For APS all you need is stun(s) and lucky stats on gear.

PS: Never liked using Crimson because it makes all your other Apo CD.

cause basicaly u can't kill a veno or any decent mage without a skillset that should be focused on survivability (cause you are not bm where for example occult would give bm much advantage, you just simply slowly have to outfight veno which is possible and it doesn't matter if u use aps or just skillspamm if you know when to use which)

yeah but when u know when to use the CP u can insta- kill it in situation when the veno is running (for example just switched from fox form and u know she is out of genie energy)
and also when u switch to aps against venos u often have u r suirvivability skills ready on genie together with dew of star protection and after that i can say when veno can't purge you, you are gonna be safe and probably win the fight...ofcourse i usually use it against barbs usually when i know they have invoke on cd and just wasted their genie.
Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 08:49 am by rainlu