Epic Perfect World

please teach me how to play sage seeker and Demon veno.

Offline Nine_FOx

ever since I reached level 150 to my sage seeker(dragon) and demon veno(R8), I had a tough time in PVP and Pk. I would love to read all of your suggestion and advice for better and pro-like player on EPW.
Gomiho the nine-tailed-fox.

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
  • IDK, IDC, doesn't have an sexual effect on my life
For Seeker, use Sky Waltz spam it till your fingers bleed. Also basic cookie-cutter Blade.Aff->Sac.Slash->QPQ->Gemini for kills, other than that be tanky and try live as long as possible. Our CC skills are a joke atmm, Sage Heartseeker which SHOULD be 90% (maybe my luck just sucks but seems more like 50%). Voidstep with long CD and fact that it "terrain traps" unless the stage is flat.

PS: Only use Vortex for lulz or in mass if you see BM use Dragon/RotP.
PPS: Wait for Siren's War for good boost to Seeker skills (you can check them on Ecatomb)

Fappysaurus

I guess for demon veno you can just use mozun's taunt-> chi burn -> crush vigor
(you get 1 spark back from crush vigor but you lose 12 or 15 chi every time your attacked)
Bramble hood + blazing barrier= 115% dmg reduction (more in fox form)
This one is actually specialized for Demon/RRR9 venos,
Hope for a puri proc/demon sprint/fortify -> feral (can feral in fox nowadays) if the target still hits you choose one that you didn't use last time and ig hood should be free to use again (provided you got chi and you can at this point if you cloud erupt once you cast hood the first time) and by the time hood is over, barrier is free. this means you have 54 seconds of near invincibility (hood and barrier don't really count as invincibility)
Basically this sums up on the specialized chain I just mentioned
barrier first for cd purposes + hood erupt asap, wait 15 secs
summersprint -> feral, wait 10 secs
fortify + ig, wait 12 secs
hood again, wait 15 secs
barrier again, wait 15 secs
(I actually went ahead and did research on this for you, I didn't actually write it, I just summed it up for you) Credits to the person who actually wrote it http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1586791

Offline Vindex

• The Guardian
  • Hood on soldier, do not let them see your eyes.
  • Characters: Vindex, Raiten
  • Faction: One Who Lurks
Oh my god, please dont listen to what Pinky wrote, that made my head hurt, if u can find me in game, i can help u with seeker.

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
Sage Heartseeker which SHOULD be 90% (maybe my luck just sucks but seems more like 50%)
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1582731

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1582731

..Damn..

PS: Vindex how you play Seeker, you APS with Parchedblade ???

Offline Synamon

• Characters: *.:。.✿`°¤,¸.•*
Honestly, people can offer suggestions all day long. But in the end, you need to test the waters on your own about your characters. Learn the pros and cons of your toons and go from there. Suggestions are nice yes. But everyone has their own playing style. =]
Thank you Meline♥ for qt avatar!

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Not even the pro-est pro wins every time.
Focus on quantity of damage you make,
and luck that sometimes that damage
gets more than damage you take.

I never had Demon Veno, but I have
several Sage Seekers.

For start, read your skills, try them on
mobs, each time harder and harder ones.

Against other players, go to Nightscream
and just fight. You will lose millions of
times, but you will begin to see which
skill works in which second against which
class. Try to open with Voidstep to stun
oponent for a moment, see what else you
can use for stun from Genie skills, how to
parry oponents stuns, and how to
combine Blade Affinity with, say,
Gemini Slash to reduce it's channeling.

Experimenting will give you experience,
and the experience is what counts.

Famous chess player, Emanuel Lasker
said: "One game that I lose teaches me
more than a hundred that I win."
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Tavern

• Old Player
To OP, The fact that u even posted a thread asking for someone to teach u tells me you will never be a good WF, stick to sage seeker.

All random stuff.

Its a shame that we dont have the latest patch with the skill updates, coz most of that is bullshit.

Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 02:27 pm by Tavern

rainlu

For Seeker, use Sky Waltz spam it till your fingers bleed. Also basic cookie-cutter Blade.Aff->Sac.Slash->QPQ->Gemini for kills, other than that be tanky and try live as long as possible. Our CC skills are a joke atmm, Sage Heartseeker which SHOULD be 90% (maybe my luck just sucks but seems more like 50%). Voidstep with long CD and fact that it "terrain traps" unless the stage is flat.

PS: Only use Vortex for lulz or in mass if you see BM use Dragon/RotP.
PPS: Wait for Siren's War for good boost to Seeker skills (you can check them on Ecatomb)

sage heartseeker actually is 95 % but the shot may miss so that's why you don't get it applied most of time usually very hard to hit on sins (tidal,high evasion,anti stun, what not) since it would be op on them cuz u would put em out of range most of time.

also for sage seek try to get dex genie instead of strength.
Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 03:43 pm by rainlu

Offline Vindex

• The Guardian
Yes i do Pinky, and it works, so? Is there a problem with how i play in aps?

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
Yes i do Pinky, and it works, so? Is there a problem with how i play in aps?

No not a problem at all, but saying skill spamming is fail, that I do have problem with.
APS Seeker in PvP lol, Heartseeker which bugs (apparently), Voidstep which is short dura, Angel Stun and Occult are only ways to keep enemy locked before you can even dream of getting Parchedblade off. Ok sure you can start with ranged until you get Parchedblade debuff then Voidstep attack for about 1sec then use Stalagstrike for stun and Auto some more, after which you Occult then Auto more until you get Parchedblade debuff again so you can use Stalagstrike (which is off CD by now) for some more lock. Or you can just Blade.Aff->Sac.Slash->QPQ->Gemini and wish for GoF+Crit.

In PvE however yes APS works better no doubt.

Offline Vindex

• The Guardian
Uhh, i assume u never saw me fighting so ill let it slide, and both aps and DPH are good as seeker and im good at both so, ill just assume u never saw me fighting anyone.

rainlu

No not a problem at all, but saying skill spamming is fail, that I do have problem with.
APS Seeker in PvP lol, Heartseeker which bugs (apparently), Voidstep which is short dura, Angel Stun and Occult are only ways to keep enemy locked before you can even dream of getting Parchedblade off. Ok sure you can start with ranged until you get Parchedblade debuff then Voidstep attack for about 1sec then use Stalagstrike for stun and Auto some more, after which you Occult then Auto more until you get Parchedblade debuff again so you can use Stalagstrike (which is off CD by now) for some more lock. Or you can just Blade.Aff->Sac.Slash->QPQ->Gemini and wish for GoF+Crit.

In PvE however yes APS works better no doubt.
1. you don't need occult (only on venos)
2.aps works (faster stuns, debuffs, whatever)
3.pve ? i find only decent pve trials and there it's more damage by skill-spamming.
although ranged works also,when u fail with heartseeker on sins and u need 2 run and hit, or u need 2 switch to r8 and have higher def level and survivability combined with wind shield.
Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:16 am by rainlu

Offline Wuyan

• Playing PW since 2008 :)
Honestly, people can offer suggestions all day long. But in the end, you need to test the waters on your own about your characters. Learn the pros and cons of your toons and go from there. Suggestions are nice yes. But everyone has their own playing style. =]

That. :)