Epic Perfect World

Lilly Gm

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
While I can understand the mindset of people not wanting GMs to play normal characters, I don't entirely agree with it.

It's a bit like saying that someone isn't allowed to eat at Red Lobster because they work there.

And there will always be bias, even if the GM doesn't have a main. Eventually that GM will form a bias all on their own due to WC drama and people brown-nosing to try and get into the good favor of the GM.
Lilly... i love you girl  :-*

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
  • *lalalala* Sins are OP *lalalala*
I actually believe Lilly was (and would continue to be) a good GM. I found her unbiased towards whoever and never saw her show favoritism towards the faction her toons were in. I'm pretty sure she told me to shut up a few times in world chat or threaten to mute me at some point lol. Anywho, I'd love to see the reasons why Lilly got demoted from her position since I honestly have not seen her or heard of her "acting rude" or "disrespecting" other players. If anything, she did what needed to be done as what any GM would have. I smell a conspiracy  ???

I r mad  >:(

Zaibeast - 150 Demon Barbarian
Dynasti - 150 Demon Archer
Peekabooo - 150 Demon Assassin
Peekabam - 150 Sage Psychic

Offline Epica

• Old Player
maybe u should ask someone in your guild ;)

take care ;)

Offline Psychopomp

• The Red Prince
  • And on the 13th day God created Scorpion.
Not gonna go into insanity detail, but Lilly was indeed a helpful GM.

For me, anyway. :) Sad to see you go but hope too continue seeing you around if anything..

Amazing art made for me by Vesabean!

Offline PandaBear

While I can understand the mindset of people not wanting GMs to play normal characters, I don't entirely agree with it.

It's a bit like saying that someone isn't allowed to eat at Red Lobster because they work there.

And there will always be bias, even if the GM doesn't have a main. Eventually that GM will form a bias all on their own due to WC drama and people brown-nosing to try and get into the good favor of the GM.

i wouldn't use that metaphor it's more like

a guy is in jail, but he also is a warden.

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?
I think everyone's misunderstanding whats being said, I don't think GM's shouldn't be allowed to have non-gm alts, I just don't think they should let everyone or even their friends know their identity. A gm's identity should be kept secret to obtain a respect level that is required for the game run smoothly if everyone knows who a gm is then there will be disrespect and gm power abuse running rampant and accusations of favoritism. In order to avoid all of this, gm's should keep their identities to themselves.
Your greatest enemy is your own ego

Offline Rhelanna

I think everyone's misunderstanding whats being said, I don't think GM's shouldn't be allowed to have non-gm alts, I just don't think they should let everyone or even their friends know their identity. A gm's identity should be kept secret to obtain a respect level that is required for the game run smoothly if everyone knows who a gm is then there will be disrespect and gm power abuse running rampant and accusations of favoritism. In order to avoid all of this, gm's should keep their identities to themselves.

+1

Lilly, you were deffinately one of the best GMs that we've had in game.

Offline Lilly

• Retired Staff Member
Well.. I guess since Agatio has had a chance to this thread and has yet to comment.. I found out yesterday why I was removed as a Gm..

He was talked into believing people hate me and always complain to other gm(s) about me.. and these people wanted me removed.  Even though some people don't always agree with things I did as a gm (mutes and temp bans and what not) but that's part of being a Gm. Yes I've even muted/temp banned people in the guild I belong to on my non gm.. Even my game hubby was muted by me a couple of times. I honestly do not believe that I did anything out of line..

Offline PandaBear

no offense to you Lilly, but i strongly disagree. I'm not trying to be mean but i strongly DISAGREE with what you said. You are not very personable and you are very rude at times. Even when your on your GM char you have told me to shut up. Also, if someone disagrees with you, you accuse them of fighting with you just so you can mute/ ban them. Not to mention you hold grudges on people. Do I think your biased? Nope. But for sure you don't know how to deal with players which is one major duty of A GM.

just my thoughts.
Panda~
Last Edit: Apr 11, 2012, 11:42 pm by PandaBear

Offline Lilly

• Retired Staff Member
That's fine Panda.. everyone is allowed to say/feel what they want.. We all know that you and I do not get along because of several reason.. but as I've said in my post.. Not everyone will get along or see eye to eye.. it's what makes the world go round.

Offline Rhelanna

no offense to you Lilly, but i strongly disagree. I'm not trying to be mean but i strongly DISAGREE with what you said. You are not very personable and you are very rude at times. Even when your on your GM char you have told me to shut up. Also, if someone disagrees with you, you accuse them of fighting with you just so you can mute/ ban them. Not to mention you hold grudges on people. Do I think your biased? Nope. But for sure you don't know how to deal with players which is one major duty of A GM.

just my thoughts.
Panda~

Seriously? And some of the other GMs don't do the same? A GM was arguing with a player over who a certain guy belonged to in WC, and the player quit over it. I've seen GMs sit there in WC and argue with players instead of taking it to whisper or w/e. Lilly was one of the few that was always on top of players who weren't obeying the rules.  :-X

Offline Ajla

• Ajla
  • Characters: Anaire - Jargja
  • Faction: Artifex
First of all i made this thread so people can have a say and put an emotion in what has happend.
Then.. U can't get along with everyone in game, even if u don't like a GM personally, it's up to u.
But be honest for once and admit that Lilly always has been correct against everyone. I see GM's standing at west, in WC and other situation where i think their behaviour is totally out of line.
GM's should be online to help and maintain order, not to send "<3" to every single player in order to get loved.
Im not saying names but im sure some of u know what i'm talking about.
Cool if u like other people more in game then others, thats just the way it goes, but when on GM char u should drop that. Their have been several things that happend in game with some GM's that many totally disagree with, u can even say its childish behaviour, these GM's got SEVERAL warnings when Lilly didn't get any cause of pressure by the people and that is wrong!

I put up this thread to make lilly know she's loved and not hated by all players, as the reason why she was put down as GM to make room for others who just take once place for (sorry to say) acting way to personal and emotional with others to get their way up..

Offline iSymbols

i would have to agree She helped me allot. Should diffidently be gm status :)

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
I only just found out she lost her postion! She was a good GM!
She definately helped me with the guides alot!
I don't suppose we could get the story from agatio?
She was popular, atleast seemed to be :)