Epic Perfect World

I am statistically more likely to cast a presidential tie-breaking vote than...

Offline Badness

• Characters: Badness
dont need to gear to kick ass

#undergearsince2k12

Offline hanggang leeg

• luse luse lng

Offline Sarahco

Why would you multiply the chances of each piece? That would mean you're trying to get all of them in a row with 1 roll each. Obviously with the reroll system you can roll more than once and it would be ridiculously easy to get individual parts if it was possible to get them all in a row
That's not what this means (i.e., when you multiply it all together). This is a conditional probability. So the probability we are trying to predict is that every single piece of gear I have is what I want it to be. That is conditional on all four of those pieces being what I want, and they each have an individual probability. It is saying that, using the reroll system on each, for all four parts, that long decimal is my odds. 

Offline Sarahco

You need to find other ways to spend your free time
This took 5 mins.

Offline Angelala

• Boop #1
  • Getting quoted by anime pic profiles kek
  • Faction: 0FkGiven forever 🧡
dont need to gear to kick ass

#undergearsince2k12
This, you don't have to be perfectly geared to kill, outskill or even tank these days. You're playing against macros and scripts ffs
Last Edit: Oct 15, 2018, 10:23 pm by Angelala
BlueDragon - Atomic/Bionic
Storm❤/Void/Nex - Imisandre/Fennekin
Golden - Kurenai
Epic - Accident/Imisandre/Yrden

Offline BarbWired

• Demon Vit Barb
  • Characters: BarbWired
This, you don't have to be perfectly geared to kill, outskill or even tank these days. You're playing against macros and scripts ffs
^ this. Everyone's idea of 'perfect gear' is all relative based on playstyle anyways... like hey I screw around and get barbs to 112k+ hp selfbuffed, just have fun m8s
~Breaking Metas Daily~

Offline Dev

• Old Player
top tier loser fest still playing roflmao

Offline Adam

• Just a God
  • Married :D
  • Characters: Loqu
  • Faction: Insanity, essence
Pancakes are the Best word

Offline Ian21

To be fair I think you need something else to do

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
All the people saying "Don't need gear to win" are easies that wouldn't win with or without the gear though :( 

Offline jao神

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Akatsuki克
ok do math and find the chances of being so huge like me thanks
Why would you multiply the chances of each piece? That would mean you're trying to get all of them in a row with 1 roll each. Obviously with the reroll system you can roll more than once and it would be ridiculously easy to get individual parts if it was possible to get them all in a row
QUERO PVP, FODA SE SE O ITEM VAI VIR FACIL. TRADUZ AI E SE VIRA PRA LER. DELET PVE PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ALOT PVE IN EPW ommmmmggggggg
NEEEEEEEEEEEEED  MASSSSSSSSSSS PK PELO AMOR DE DEUS ACORDA CARALHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. O SERVIDOR ESTA FALINDO OU FALIDO JÁ. CHEGA DE PVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Shashank Susngi

• Homestead Guru
  • Characters: rabid_dogg
I am statistically more likely to cast a presidential tie-breaking vote in the US than to ever have the gear I would want on EPW, according to my calculations against a UC Berkeley Study. See the study here: https://www.stat.berkeley.edu/~aldous/157/Papers/vote.pdf

The probability for acquiring the gear with the exact attributes one wants is represented by the expression of joint probability in [1.1].

[1.1] Pr(Gi = 1) = Pr(Ci = 1 ∪ Pi = 1 ∪ Bi = 1 ∪ Si = 1 ∪ Wi = 1)

Where Gi represents the gear which is ideal to the individual i, Ci is the collapsed form of the individual conditional probability of the chest piece with the ideal stats to the individual i, and Pi, Bi, and Si ,Wi represent the same logic as Ci but for the pants, boots, sleeves, and weapon pieces, respectively. Each of these may be expressed similarly as shown in expression [1.2].

[1.2]  Pr(Ci = 1) = Pr(Mi = 1 | mi…n = 1)

= Pr(Mi = 1 c,1 = 1 mc,2 = 1 mc,3 = 1 mc,4 = 1)

= Pr(Ci = 1)

We know from the EPW odds guide of rolling certain stats what the probability of certain combinations of gear stats are. I make the assumption that an individual wants the following stats as their idea set of gear, and I ignore the probability of honing to max stats:

Pr(Pure attack weapon)  = 0.2222 * 0.0645 * 0.0645  * 0.0645  * 0.0645 = 0.00000384576
Pr(Pure channel sleeves) = 0.0386 * 0.0386 * 0.0386 * 0.0386 = 0.00000221998
Pr(Pure magic boots) = 0.0772 * 0.0772 * 0.0772 * 0.0772 = 0.00003551969
Pr(Pure reduced phydmg chest) = 0.0154 * 0.0154 * 0.0154 * 0.0154 = 0.00000006244
Pr(Pure reduced physical damage pants) = 0.0154 * 0.0154 * 0.0154 * 0.0154 = 0.00000006244

Pr(GSarahco = 1) = 0.00000384576 * 0.00000221998 * 0.00003551969 * 0.00000006244 * 0.00000006244 = 0.0000000000000000000000000000011822959

Someone in the United States has a 1 in 60 million chance of casting a 1:1 deciding vote on the next President, which equals: 0.000000066666667.

Given the gear specifications above, I am more likely -- statistically -- to decide a tie-breaking vote for the United States president than get the gear I want.
so what are the odds of being an idiot?seriously....you went through all that calculation and research to post on forums ...

guess the odds are high... :pig-32:

Offline ✝𝓓𝖊𝖆𝖉✝

• ᴏᴍᴀᴇ ᴡᴀ ᴍᴏᴜ sʜɪɴᴅᴇɪʀᴜ
  • Quittereded. Add me on my boring IG: Babu__shka if you're curious about my (no) life
  • Characters: Varonna
  • Faction: HausStark
123#$$$$'444=%
^_
;;;;55566 - 5649 &^

*¥¥¥¥5555

+%%///^^^♡♤•~3+3=8::******

The game is dead and full of errors

Huge thanks to few of my friends for making my stay here all these years so enjoyable. And sending love to every pleasant stranger/member of this community too <3
And to those few angsty bitches I have encountered. Darlings, periods every day aren't normal, make appointments with gynecologists asap
Much love and peace Epic 🖤

Oh and also R.I.P. )))