Epic Perfect World

Raemonah's Ultimate Cleric Guide!

Offline ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

• ✿ lmaokek ✿
  • mind your business
  • Characters: Raemonah
Just some general rules of thumb. In my opinion, at least. (Disclaimer: I sux)

Prioritize yourself first. Once you fall, the entire squad falls. This applies in multiple instances, both PvP and PvE. Ignore self-important players qq-ing at you for not healing them when you weren't able to do so because you were putting yourself first.

In PvP settings where multiple clerics in a squad are a thing, help each other out. Again, similar goal to the aforementioned. Once the cleric falls, everyone else follows. I think common sense will tell you that this is the reason why priests are one of the primary targets in PvP. Make sure your fellow cleric is purified and (if you're sage) buffed with reduced channeling time. Cast your ultimate buff to them if necessary. Just make sure one EP is mobile at all instances.

In Forest Ruins, it is advisable you go MAGIC and utilize your REDUCE CHANNELING gear. Forest Ruins is the second most difficult instance in this game, and one of the few instances that you can't straight up nuke. The damage of the bosses are a pain, but nothing that can straight up one shot you if you do things right i.e. you dig the chests, you run to the wall, etc. Therefore, you don't need the increased physical defense given by your vit tome, Ascended Dragon Cape, and your defense weapon. I even suggest you utilizing your DRAGON weapon as it dramatically reduces your casting time. The goal here is to heal as much as you can in the shortest time possible.

Already covered, but I'd like to stress the fact that you have to manage your chi smartly. If you're sage, it would be ideal if you continuously use Master Li's Technique in PvP settings because purifying a 10-man squad will quickly drain your chi. Factor in you casting Seal of the God and Chromatic Seal (sleep), your spark will surely run out quickly.

Finally, Stream of Rejuvenation and Soothing Pulse are the heals you should be using the most (in PvP settings). Chromatic Healing Beam, while helpful, gives minimal HP and takes quite a while to cast. Personally, what I use this skill for is to highlight the players within healing distance i.e. close to squad leader. Just so you have an awareness of your environment and where your squadmates are at that point in time. DO NOT MAKE THE EFFORT TO RUN TO OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE EXTREMELY FAR AWAY FROM THE SQUAD LEADER. Let them die. The leader is the leader for a reason: they're the rallying points, and if they cry and rage and do whatever because you weren't able to heal them due to their distance, then they can go fck themselves lmao.

Again, these tips aren't the end-all, be-all of things. You can definitely find your own playstyle, but these are some things that I found to be extremely helpful whilst I was playing EP.
+1 to all of this. 

Dont wanna start drama here but you play this game since 2007 and still dont know how to gear a char... thats kinda sad
Drama: initiated.  :normal-13: How dare you. My feelings. 

My eyes hurt after even trying to read this wall of text (I didn’t get very far).

HA/APS EP has always been the best build.
+1

Stopped reading after you said sage is better
I don't think I recall saying sage was better than demon, they're both good in their own ways and I've pointed that out in the cultivation descriptions. If anything I'm biased towards demon clerics since that was how I played cleric for a long time. :v

✿ god tier cleric - blademaster - venomancer ✿

Offline Ada Wong

• Resident Evil
  • See you around
  • Characters: Lusto
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Why am I not surprised ?

Offline ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

• ✿ lmaokek ✿
  • mind your business
Why am I not surprised ?
Pft, dunno what you're talking about. 

Offline beelzebul

• sonya ❤️
  • very mad
  • Characters: ei|dreambinder|Hu Tao
  • Faction: yuro|gangsht
GreatWhite and Miky best demon duo

Offline iFraankenstein乡

• 🉐Ali㊙
  • Dont Touch Me
  • Faction: Raiders✘ #1

Offline ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

• ✿ lmaokek ✿
  • mind your business
From J:

I used to play hybrid ep when capes didn't have a vitality requirement, but that wasn't for long.

Full-magic cleric is a bit of a different story and I don't recommend it to any starting ep playing in a big faction because of survivability in this type of playstyle. I'd suggest people to first try out hybrid and once they are comfortable with knowing what to do and when they could try out full a magic ep.

I do suggest getting 3 gear sets. Full pdef, a mix of channeling and pdef, and full channeling because some situations require you to be able to take more damage than being fast and vice versa. If not taking damage, you'd be better off being faster than enemy can deal damage by using channeling gears. I also suggest getting the dragon wand as it still allows you to have faster channeling all the while gaining some defense stats.

Since cast is fast enough as is and you put all your points into magic, your heals will be superb. There's no "not using one type of heal because it is slow" or "doesn't heal enough for your type". For survivability, I suggest spamming Ironheart on yourself (3 times will usually do but in case of aa on you-- in that case, slapping on your purify weapon, spamming IH and praying to the cleric gods that your weapon procs might be your best bet.)
Fun geek sidenote: I prefer to keep Blessing of the Purehearted and Wellspring Surge instead of upgrading it into primal Soothing Pulse. Since I have maxed out my channeling, it doesn't affect me until I swap to more defensive gear. Blessing of the Purehearted as sage heals you for 1375 +50% of your magic attack whereas Soothing Pulse heals you for 1300 + 25% of your base magic attack. It may not make that much of a difference but I personally kept it because of that. I don't suggest you doing this if you are going full vitality. As for hybrid, I wouldn't know. I also kept all the AoE buffs. In some ways the new one is better but I kept the old one for spam sake. In PvE, sometimes you're debuffed one time after another and its annoying to have to wait for the cooldown of the new one. So far it hasn't caused a problem whatsoever.

It doesn't matter what type of cleric you play: keep that Plume Shell up. Your mana pool is bigger now, which means you're able to soak up more damage. Then something that, for magic eps, is just as important as keeping the squad and yourself alive is positioning. Your heals are good, your speed is good, but you lack HP and defense. Always stay behind your squad. Find balance in knowing when to be in air and when to stay on the ground-- anything to avoid getting hit as much as you can. Stay with your squad leader, don't ever go out of your way to save one squishy archer because he decided it was funny to go out on his own, you know the drill, blablabla. Though, if your squad is lucky to have a blademaster or barbarian, you want to try and keep them alive. If you happen to have a venomancer in your squad and see them running in and out of enemy lines, might as well throw some IH's on them too.

Might not work for all but I've also built my entire UI around my mini map so I have everything I need close together in one corner. Takes time to get used to but it has helped me many times.

Full credit to J for anything in this thread post that has been edited into the main guide (mostly in support-type builds) since there are a few things I want to include there.
Last Edit: Sept 04, 2018, 05:48 pm by Mona

Offline ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

• ✿ lmaokek ✿
  • mind your business
GreatWhite and Miky best demon duo
Heard Miky is one of the most iconic clerics on Epic. 

Offline Atemwende

• Sans Soleil
  • Characters: Rivaille Rivers Notte Near Noia Atemwende Shanghai Malraux
  • Faction: Vengeance
Ye no

Unless you are the best at your class dont make threads like this its embarassing

Offline ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

• ✿ lmaokek ✿
  • mind your business
Ye no

Unless you are the best at your class dont make threads like this its embarassing
Everyone has their opinions but I don't see any seeker guide yet.

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
Everyone has their opinions but I don't see any seeker guide yet.
I dont think you have to be the best at your class to be allowed to make a guide BUT IF you make a guide you should know enough to not write things in there that are wrong which in this guide sadly was the case. I am not saying everything is wrong just fyi.
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent
Ye no

Ma boi Levi gonna make seeker guide soon

Offline ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

• ✿ lmaokek ✿
  • mind your business
I dont think you have to be the best at your class to be allowed to make a guide BUT IF you make a guide you should know enough to not write things in there that are wrong which in this guide sadly was the case. I am not saying everything is wrong just fyi.
I've never claimed to be the "best cleric on Epic," but I like to believe that I was one of the good ones during my time there. 

Sadly, there are people who don't seem to understand that this is simply a guide with suggestions, not the only thing you should read and follow in your experience of playing a cleric. Some of this is based off of my understanding (of which I stated at the end,) but the majority of it is either common information that most clerics use, tips on gearing, short descriptions of each skill, and roles in PvE and PvP. This guide consists of multiple play styles from different clerics I've met and learned from/played with over the years, not all just me. I didn't write this guide to show off how much I knew, but rather to have one single spot where a lot of handy info can be found for people either just starting out or wanting to find more regarding clerics.

And if there's anything "wrong" with my guide, go ahead and state it and I can fix it.
"If there is anything that my fellow clerics would like to add in this thread, feel free to do so!"

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
I've never claimed to be the "best cleric on Epic," but I like to believe that I was one of the good ones during my time there.
I didnt say so. Your gameplay is good you know what you are doing ingame and i think i told you that already.
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

• ✿ lmaokek ✿
  • mind your business
I didnt say so. Your gameplay is good you know what you are doing ingame and i think i told you that already.
Alright, so what was wrong in the guide? :o I've edited stuff in there since posting it.
"IF you make a guide you should know enough to not write things in there that are wrong which in this guide sadly was the case"

Offline Lill 🌶

• Noel
  • Tyrants
  • Characters: Chill.
Hard to believe anyone would make a class guide in 2018 for anything other than ego...