Epic Perfect World

EPW Elysium Update (v45)

Offline REAVZZ

we will now have more 5 aps dusk blades :) :) :)
Old names:
SoulReaver
$oul_Reaver

........IN GANK WE TRUST....

Offline mael

• Forum Veteran
 2011 - 2018  :police:

Offline Breakfast

• Old Player
  • Characters: Cheeto
iF yOu DoNt LiKe It JuSt UnInStAlL

yeah this game is going to be real fun with 50 people online just doing pve

Offline Hyorin

• Moderated
trial when?
Never
I'm out of epw kys

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
iF yOu DoNt LiKe It JuSt UnInStAlL yeah this game is going to be real fun with 50 people online just doing pve
50 people? And I thought I was generous with my math lel.

Offline Aarkshan

Offline Lill 🌶

• Noel
  • Tyrants
  • Characters: Chill.
whats funny is all the people here crying rn, but nothings gonna change and in a few months time, every1 has new gear lmaooooooooo

Offline mael

• Forum Veteran
                                                                                                      I MISS YOU
                                                                                                  :tiger-12: :tiger-36:

Offline Breakfast

• Old Player
  • Characters: Cheeto
whats funny is all the people here crying rn, but nothings gonna change and in a few months time, every1 has new gear lmaooooooooo
there wont be any pk to even use your shiny new gear in a few months tho. Pk was pretty rare before patch and now people are leaving

Offline Kia

#BringBackAgatio

At least he cared about the public oppinion. Burdette doesn't give a shit about any of us. The only thing that matters is the balance on his paypal account at the end of the day. ^-^

The only thing that would really make my day at this point is if the staff had the audacity to throw out an epic point sale with 2x point value for every donation received. (Just to make it a little bit more obvious why this patch was REALLY released, of course.)

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
#BringBackAgatio At least he cared about the public oppinion. Burdette doesn't give a shit about any of us. The only thing that matters is the balance on his paypal account at the end of the day. ^-^ The only thing that would really make my day at this point is if the staff had the audacity to throw out an epic point sale with 2x point value for every donation received. (Just to make it a little bit more obvious why this patch was REALLY released, of course.)

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
#BringBackAgatio

At least he cared about the public oppinion. Burdette doesn't give a shit about any of us. The only thing that matters is the balance on his paypal account at the end of the day. ^-^

The only thing that would really make my day at this point is if the staff had the audacity to throw out an epic point sale with 2x point value for every donation received. (Just to make it a little bit more obvious why this patch was REALLY released, of course.)
as if anyone would donate for that x2 after this LOL

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
as if anyone would donate for that x2 after this LOL
"Oh shit we got a couple hundred dollars worth of donations.....release the new patch. 5 stat R8 armor, double the price."

Offline ..

• Forum Veteran
Ayo why can't arcane classes have x2ct x2mag add or x3ct x1 mag or x1 rpdt? :-X There's an awesome useless full phis res add lol

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
Ok I fixed the manual patch finally, you should be able to patch without errors now.

So about the armors. They are meant as endgame items that bigger PvErs can farm, similar to 4 atk engraves on ornaments. The prices on the armors are high, so obviously there won't be that many people that get them. That means your current armors will be very usable.

Some examples:
4 def and 4 attack weapons are around 1 in 20k chance average. On 5 lines, the chance is 1 in 500k, which is impossible to get. So if you do have a 4atk or 4def weapon, you can still use it and there will probably be max 1-2 people within a few years that actually get something that has better stats, similar to how 3 int top is right now.
Think of it this way: Are you farming for 40 atk / 40 def weapons? Are you farming for 3x channeling on arcanes? Are you farming for 3x int top on sin/db? No, because they are very hard to get and you settle for 38def/38atk, 2xct+magic and 2xint top. That's same for most of the endgame weapons. Many of the things you can "settle for" are stats that you already have.

If you have 2x ct wrist right now, then you still have the 12%. The fixed stat 2x ct wrists cost a lot, around 1.1mil EC total. Again, there won't be too many people who will be able to get that, so your current 2x ct wrist will be very viable and you did not waste time getting it.
And 2x ct wrist, the boost is 20 magic. Go restat your current 20 magic into vit on your arcane and tell me if you see a noticeable difference. It's good to have the 20 magic, but it won't make you go from worst player to best player.

The new armors add variety to what is possible to achieve with farming in EPW. Before 3.33 sin/db etc was impossible, also aps-ct ea was pretty bad. Now people can have new goals that they can work towards, but those goals are hard so there won't be too many people that have them, most will probably stick to their current 'endgame' gears, so you won't be at a disadvantage either. Also the boosts with the armors are not super big. EA for example, the fixed armors have 3x ct + 2% crit max, so total will be 8% more crit. But the price of that is also total around 1mil EC too. So, there will be plenty of people that won't have these endgame armors, and even if they do, the boost they gain is not that high.

Also any balance problems that might happen, like 5.00 duskblade I keep hearing, then damages would be adjusted accordingly.

So for the end:
You do not have to farm the new armors; your current gears will be fine and if someone does farm the new armors then the difference won't be super high. The armors that do make a noticeable difference are very hard to get so there will not be many people with them. The new armors are meant to give new options and new goals to more dedicated players, similar to 4 attack level engraves on ornaments.

Also I'm trying to make stat transferring work, so you can use your current 3 stat armors and craft them into the new armors, keeping the 3 stats that you have now and gaining an extra 4th line stat.