26 (29.5%)
leave it like it is
59 (67%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Territories Wars

Offline VampireQueen

• VampireQueen
Well TW's are meant to be 80 v 80
This is written in which rule book no this is the way PWI has always done it and you guys from PWI (myself included) have been trained this is the way it should be becuz that's all we've ever known there but let's face it if PWI were so great wouldn't we all still be there instead of here.YOU AIN'T IN KANSAS ANYMORE DOROTHY.Just becus that's the way PWI always has done it DOES NOT mean that's the best way.It's time to try new things.
Leaving a trail of blood and dead bodies behind us.

Offline Nobody

Please dont change these kind of stuff seriously its much better the way it is.
Jishi

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Please dont change these kind of stuff seriously its much better the way it is.

Better why?

Offline Strong

;DYa i think its a good idea cause the problem is lag when 2 large factions are in the same area in TW 3/4 of pcs freeze up and when it finally gets back folks are either dead or way behind their squads so it would fix that problem and also would bring balance to the TW map giving EVERY faction an equal chance to get on the map wether its the way it is now or after a reset would still balance things out where more people would want to stay on this server cause everyone would have a chance to compete and see what fun TW really are and they are alot of fun.
Chillin with friends in ChillZone

Offline Nobody

cuz atleast in 80v80 we have the 3 lanes being filled and more people means more fun, am pretty sure all big factions like sync, nohomo, outcasts and other factions wouldnt like tw numbers being low
Jishi

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
  • You just jellified of my mad moves *boogies* \o)
Personally, I like this idea, but for so many reasons (I'm not going to bring up because it'll start some serious thread rape) TW should be left alone. So good idea, but I'm against it being implemented.
Man you're the most awesome black person I've ever met. I wish I could be more like you. Plis teach me your ways. I too poor can't pay, but I promise to worship you.

Offline Creamfields

• Who's afraid of 138?
40v40 is just SSDD mass pk. The whole idea of a Territory WAR is to bring in a large number of players to participate in the WAR, if TW was reduced to 40v40 it would just be the same thing that already happens on a daily basis, sure that's fun, but it isn't something that people truly look forward to. The Germans didn't ask the Americans to 'reduce their numbers' in WW2 did they? There's no easy way of putting it so i'm just gonna put it bluntly, TW's is an activity for the larger guilds, if you're interested in participating in TW then you need to get your recruit on or consider joining forces with another guild. Oh, and about the PC's freezing up.. That's the most stupid thing I ever heard. Just turn down your game settings if your computer can't handle it, your PC's freezing is not enough to warrant ruining something which has been going on in Perfect World games for years. Hell, TW's are what most people look forward to most about playing Private Servers, to reduce the numbers down to 40 would be server suicide. Seriously, things are optimum the way they are atm.

Life is better at 140BPM.

Offline VampireQueen

• VampireQueen
you say you won't have all 3 lanes covered well you also won't have players coming down all 3 lanes either there'll be the same amount of players in the opposing faction.It seems to me as well it would be more fun becuz those bigger factions that get ganked would be able to send squads into multiple TW's so that means more tw's with more balanced squads.Sounds like to me some folks think their still ON PWI.I personally perfer being here on Epic where the GM's at least listen to and consider other ideas instead of pwi where it's their way and the players just have to deal with it.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
cuz atleast in 80v80 we have the 3 lanes being filled and more people means more fun, am pretty sure all big factions like sync, nohomo, outcasts and other factions wouldnt like tw numbers being low

40 people can still easily do split attacks down different lanes.  In a 70 vs 50-or-less TW the 70 just go down B & the others get instant-wiped & reskilled in base. Lanes completely empty. Limitting "fun" TW's to just 3 factions seems a bit counterproductive too. The more factions on the map the more strategy involved. This also brings a far greater total amount of people into those fun TW's.

Of course the large factions that are currently exclusively attacking way smaller ones wouldn't be too happy about this. Imagine, they may actually have a real fight, the horror.

Oh, and about the PC's freezing up.. That's the most stupid thing I ever heard. Just turn down your game settings if your computer can't handle it, your PC's freezing is not enough to warrant ruining something which has been going on in Perfect World games for years.

The fact that it has been going on doesn't make it any less of a problem. I personally don't have any issues with it but I know many, many people dislike TW because of the lag alone. Also this server has a smaller total population than official servers where 80vs80 was designed for. With less total players & each player being much harder to kill than the nonstop-1shot PWI chars reducing the numbers makes a lot of sense. 

Offline Creamfields

• Who's afraid of 138?
For as long as I've played PWI and it's private servers. Territory Wars have always been something i've looked forward to the most, as i'm sure is the same with many, many others players. It's something that happens once a week, where the whole guild gets together to fight another, the whole social aspect of it and the preparing, and the victory/defeat is what makes it all worthwhile. 40v40 wouldn't be a territory war it would just be the same as a normal pk session at west or ToA for example. Nothing to look forward to there it's just same shit. While you're claiming that it's just 'the bigger guilds who want to keep it as it is' at the same time, it's only the smaller guilds who want to change it. Epic right now is widely known as the most populated Perfect World private server, and is rated number 1 on many different websites. I believe this statistic and i've found it's the best private server I have played to date. However, I STRONGLY encourage the GM's not to change TW's. I don't think it would do Epics great reputation any good at all to be known as the first server to 'ruin TW'..

Life is better at 140BPM.

Offline Strong

And as to pcs freezing yes i turned down my settings and its fine but some turn them down and still lagged so that would help for those who cant do anything more about it.It sounds like some dont want it balanced hmmm wonder which factions they are in lmao :))
Chillin with friends in ChillZone

Offline yahiko

• Through pain we shall achieve peace
  • Characters: shinsuusenju
  • Faction: sync
For as long as I've played PWI and it's private servers. Territory Wars have always been something i've looked forward to the most, as i'm sure is the same with many, many others players. It's something that happens once a week, where the whole guild gets together to fight another, the whole social aspect of it and the preparing, and the victory/defeat is what makes it all worthwhile. 40v40 wouldn't be a territory war it would just be the same as a normal pk session at west or ToA for example. Nothing to look forward to there it's just same shit. While you're claiming that it's just 'the bigger guilds who want to keep it as it is' at the same time, it's only the smaller guilds who want to change it. Epic right now is widely known as the most populated Perfect World private server, and is rated number 1 on many different websites. I believe this statistic and i've found it's the best private server I have played to date. However, I STRONGLY encourage the GM's not to change TW's. I don't think it would do Epics great reputation any good at all to be known as the first server to 'ruin TW'..

Totaly agree with him. nerfing the # of players inside is just gonna take away the edge from it. And its going to ruin the tw spirit that most players have

Offline VampireQueen

• VampireQueen
THANK GOODNESS that is just your opinion.My opinion is TW's would not be ruined.Might just boost them even more.You say it would be just another pk fest(i don't agree) well i seen some post recently where players were qq about not having enough pking so this would also serve that purpose IF you believe your thought process on this.

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
The idea does not seem good to me, but very obvious. I am strongly in favour of fair and respectful gaming. Reducing factions capacity down to 100 people, TW`s nummbers down to 40 peope on each side. The only thing in this game that i find unpleasant is beign attacked by more than 2 people at same time. I even was joking with a friend lately, if more than 3 people hit you, you should become GM like powerful and return the favour.
The mentality of spoiled and immature community here really should change; there are no easy wins, you can only become a trully meaningful player if you are a nice, prfessional and hard working player and not if your friends advertise your name on forum:)

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks
Feo said everything that is to be said. This will benefit smaller/medium size guilds and be a "problem" for the bigger ones who keep going after the smaller guilds. This is a great poll and the GMs should really consider about it.