Epic Perfect World

Event FLight Speed

Offline Abis

• God Slayer LvL 152
  • Not in Game for a million years!
  • Characters: Abis and more
  • Faction: DarkArms 卐
Hi EPW player's!

Those New Flights or the flights from event forge should be have more speed than the old one
why? Because its so expensive, now the event token is double price, and untradeable so its hard to get

isn't that fair for other class getting faster flights not only veno getting more powerful pets

it's just a suggestion feel free to reply but no hater's pls.
Last Edit: Apr 12, 2013, 04:56 am by Takanashi, Hina
~I'm Leader~
LVL 152 R8 Psy/Sin/Wiz/Barb/Seeker/Veno/Archer/BM/Mystic 
My Shop | Youtube

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
im satisfied with the speed of the current flights. about the OP pets, i read a post of ET saying that GMs will test it soon. imo we should just try to learn how to PK against them and wait.
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline AlicE

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
You made me laugh so hard. Apparently you haven't played PWI for long/at all. If you did, you would probably remember how hard it was there to get every 1 m/s of speed in general, so everyone knew how flyers worked.
Apparently, you have no idea about it.
Just for you info, the max speed in the game is 15 m/s, regardless of what and how you do. It is a value of the game and can't be changed. Now, unlike MOUNTS, who have their own speed and therefore determine your moving speed, FLYERS have a very nice, cute little symbol near the bonus, and it's called "+" yes! +++++++++
Got that? Great! Now... It means, that whatever is written there is ADDED TO YOUR BASE SPEED. Now, let's do some simple math, shall we? The minimum BASE speed of running/flying for any character in game is 5 m/s (can't get any lower than that). So the "event flyers" give a +10.5 speed bonus (even without the acceleration). So, how much is it 10.5+5? That's right, it's freaking 15.5!!! Which is capped at 15 m/s anyway, so it stays at 15. So ANY character in game, EVEN level 1 character will have MAX speed in the game with any of the rare flyers that you can get for tokens. Point proven, this thread is pointless.

Offline Deea

• My name is Deea
  • not Dea QQ

isn't that fair for other class getting faster flights not only veno getting more powerful pets

You are talking about pets nab?You are a wiz and u have Owl in your Pet Bag XD

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
should've asked for candy canes...

anywyas.. no i disagree..

dnt need more ppl with cash to get the better gear....

even if they are traceable now, people with the old ones can still make em traceable i believe. Regardless, Don't see the point ;o

go play pwi with +3speed flyers for 10 mins.. then come back here ;o  ..
Last Edit: Apr 12, 2013, 04:42 pm by SHINIGAMI
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
  • You just jellified of my mad moves *boogies* \o)
I think trying to relate this to veno pets wasn't a very convincing argument....
Man you're the most awesome black person I've ever met. I wish I could be more like you. Plis teach me your ways. I too poor can't pay, but I promise to worship you.

Offline Thea

im satisfied with the speed of the current flights. about the OP pets, i read a post of ET saying that GMs will test it soon. imo we should just try to learn how to PK against them and wait.

:tiger-42:

Offline √oodoo

• DrGiggles - √oodoo Leader
I agree with this, if you have to spend 30 Event Tokens to get a rare flyer, it should have more speed then a flyer you get with the Rare Flight Token.  Having the same speed on the flyers makes it not worth spending the Event Tokens for one.

cevans1290

I agree with this, if you have to spend 30 Event Tokens to get a rare flyer, it should have more speed then a flyer you get with the Rare Flight Token.  Having the same speed on the flyers makes it not worth spending the Event Tokens for one.
dis ^ but i still think they shouldnt add too much, they made for looks i think

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Sounds impossible to me.

Max speed in Perfect World is limited to
15 m/s under any conditions.
(I believe it's hard coded into game engine.)

If your basic speed is 4.50 m/s (and always is higher),
with +10.50 m/s you already reach the max speed.

If Aga adds +12 m/s, you will still be limited
to PW's total of 15 m/s and additional ability of
the flyer is useless.

The rare flights are there for looks, or for exclusivity.
I don't think anyone needs faster flying than now.

For short distances you don't have time to feel the
difference, and for longer ones you have cheap
Teleport Stones, faster than any flight.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
the speed can be increased, i forgot whats the max value on it but if im not wrong is 80, but as i said not sure.
about the price and the event tokens Exchange, the option about beeing "rare" is merely the designs. can you guys think how bad it would be if i had a fly mount with 80ms and you had a fly mount with 15ms ? i would easily catch you in PvP or easily run from you. not to mention aswell the TW, wouldn't be fair at all having such na advantage.

and once again, please respect other people...there is no need for such comments towards someone, today are the others but tomorrow it can be you.

Offline Xylophone

As EvilTouch already said I don't recommend speeding up the flyer as it is hard to get and was only supposed to be rare in looks and wasn't supposed to be faster. The disadvantage would be too big you would have when you wouldn't get a hand on one of them.
On the speed I can say it might say "+11m/s" but in fact it doesn't add speed to your normal speed. If it would do that would mean a barb would fly faster in tiger than standing up which is just not the case. I don't know the max limit for flying, all I know is that 25m/s is possible. If you think 15m/s is max you should try to get a psy to buff you in an accelerated fly to see that it goes faster than 15m/s. Only the speed on the ground is limited to 15m/s and even GMs can't run faster as far as I know.

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
  • IDK, IDC, doesn't have an sexual effect on my life
As EvilTouch already said I don't recommend speeding up the flyer as it is hard to get and was only supposed to be rare in looks and wasn't supposed to be faster. The disadvantage would be too big you would have when you wouldn't get a hand on one of them.
On the speed I can say it might say "+11m/s" but in fact it doesn't add speed to your normal speed. If it would do that would mean a barb would fly faster in tiger than standing up which is just not the case. I don't know the max limit for flying, all I know is that 25m/s is possible. If you think 15m/s is max you should try to get a psy to buff you in an accelerated fly to see that it goes faster than 15m/s. Only the speed on the ground is limited to 15m/s and even GMs can't run faster as far as I know.

Flight Speed is calculated from base speed and does not count any speed buffs/debuffs or gear.

cevans1290

Flight Speed is calculated from base speed and does not count any speed buffs/debuffs or gear.
With the class: Assassin if you use skill Windpush while you fly, you will get a small buff-+100% of base speed.