Epic Perfect World

Barb r8

Offline ★Sensus

• GF Server
can u change 3th status for barbs r8? 3% crit chance is kinda useless imo. (not gonna put suggestions what to put instead of it) just put something that actualy makes barb a barb (not hp imo)

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
Im going to suggest... Defence level +100 xD not really that's totally unreaslistic. However I think a Str + or even HP would be a suitably nice stat. Deno is right though, the +3% cit is not exactly a barbs forte, it's like giving a sin extra chanelling or a wizard extra strength

Offline Kyan

• Retired Staff Member
  • I'n the control room watching you
Talking as a barb not as a GM, i have to agree with this.

3 % crit is totally useless in the barbs.

Yes its true pure vit barbs have already alot of HP, def levels, and blablabla. But with the new implements in tw. (towers). Make cata barbs way less viable then they used to be.
More Vit will not do  it as well.
If we go to the "ohhh but then they will be better in pvp." Pure vit barbs make almost no dmg in pvp compared to any other class, they are there just to anoy. Pure strg barbs, have way less survivle then a BM or a seeker.
So its time for maybe we review the barbs in here.

They were once op in this server. Now we are left with a few good ones, that are only here, cause they actually know how to play they class.
Ty to lucy that made my awsome Siggy and avvy
GM alt Krypto

Yes its true pure vit barbs have already alot of HP, def levels, and blablabla. But with the new implements in tw. (towers). Make cata barbs way less viable then they used to be.
If we go to the "ohhh but then they will be better in pvp." Pure vit barbs make almost no dmg in pvp compared to any other class, they are there just to anoy. Pure strg barbs, have way less survivle then a BM or a seeker.

They were once op in this server. Now we are left with a few good ones, that are only here, cause they actually know how to play they class.
Complete and utter crap. Even with the str build, melee classes haven't got shit on barbs. Barbs are still incredibly tanky, hit like insane tanks, while also being able to 1 hit LA classes. I agree that vs Wizzies, however, it is really hard to actually win. But in a sin v barb 1v1, if you camp tiger, and only risk being out of tiger when his tidal is off. You're not going to lose, but the sin may if he's dumb enough. Barb v bm, what do you want? A CC class vs a tank class, yet the tank somehow is able to deal more than a sin. Also, spark v spark, barbs always win vs sins. Vs archers, it's the same thing, Devour>Top>Normal>Arma> zerk crit= death on the spot. So my advice is this; nurf venos and wizzies, and maybe stop allowing HA clerics, because it's kinda stupid when the 'good' clerics here. Need to resort to that.

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
1v1 this 1v1 that zzzzzz go to 1.3 for 1v1 no genies no tidal etc
Anyway, enhancing armageddon could be useful. Addition of 6k~ mana could do it seeing as Armageddon atm isn't as powerful as on other servers.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
  • IDK, IDC, doesn't have an sexual effect on my life
3 set bonus could be something like 5% max HP
Last Edit: Apr 23, 2013, 04:54 pm by ThaPinky

Offline Wolfgang

Anyway, enhancing armageddon could be useful. Addition of 6k~ mana could do it seeing as Armageddon atm isn't as powerful as on other servers.

Enhancing armageddon ??? No way(and i'm a barb) it will be too OP:)

@Areashi
If you talk about barb being to OP now think how a archer can kill a barb in 4 seconds and the barb is in true form.
Or think about the wizard combo...that only takes 2 seconds :) So its not OP:) A good sin hits me 6-7k and if he use stun+occult+tangling mire i dont have a chance. Yeah true there are some people without skills sure they wont do anything in a fight but people who know their class(the only ones that matter in pvp) can fight 1v1 and have the chance to win against any player at this moment.

Back on topic :) crit on r8 sucks xD some HP would be nice

Wolfgang - 150 Barb
RazviArch - 150 Arch
HolyGod - 150 Wiz
Few others xD

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Offline Barbie

• Old Player

I'm glad you agree watchtower. Pure Vit barbs are very weak in PvP I have been there and done that, they are just to annoy the sh** out of you, they can do very little damage. However their Low Str is not their problem, it's the lack of accuracy they have. I don't know about their survive-ability in comparison to BMs or Seekers because I don't use them but usually when I face a BM or seeker though it's stale mate. In particular BM's but then I think they can have the upper hand if they know what to do because they use magic too, which puts barbs at a disadvantage. Barbs are restricted in a way, they have low attack rate and use physical attacks only. Armagedon is really laughable sometimes I think a barb who knows how to play the class really if not never uses it. What they have going for them is high HP and high Physical defense. I think what is important is to boost the classes where their strengths are. No class is strong against everyone, that's called imbalance. Boosting a barbs accuracy, attack rate or magic defense (Although a dream) would be wrong. A barb by nature is a tank, this then would be (for me) the optimal and logical choice of a stat to boost. Physical defense. Makes absolutely no difference to magic classes, barbs are weak against those, and rightly so. A barb should be strong against physical classes and I know people will complain about that because they have a hard time as it is but here's the scoop: Barbs have a hard time against other physical classes as it is. Phys classes don't beat tanks easily, that's why they are called tanks and that's why you should struggle to beat them. That's not to say they will beat you easier, it's purely a survability increase. That's my two pence anyway... I would be interested to see what the other r8 classes have on their armours too.
Last Edit: Apr 23, 2013, 04:57 pm by Barbie
can u change 3th status for barbs r8? 3% crit chance is kinda useless imo. (not gonna put suggestions what to put instead of it) just put something that actualy makes barb a barb (not hp imo)

I agree but with another suggestion for barbs, since you want to make barbs more tanky, take out their GoF and give them purify or something that has a % to heal them. Bc when a barb can 2 shot a mage with only 1 of those crit zerking. That hurts D: deno knows what im referring to

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
barbs aren't weak Imo. if you go full vit you cant really expect to roll everyone with OP damage.
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
  • Feel free to PM ingame if you need any help
JHIN I think what is being discussed is not that vit barbs don't hit hard, but that vit barbs don't have enough livability, going against both the words vit AND barb
ShinyWB Demon Barbarian WildBunch
NaturalTouch Demon Mystic Ducks
LolCrits Sage Assassin
Fistings Demon Blademaster Rawr
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock. I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a Duck?

dickroman

also 1% crit on wiz is useless...so if theres barb change, better wiz change too

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
JHIN I think what is being discussed is not that vit barbs don't hit hard, but that vit barbs don't have enough livability, going against both the words vit AND barb
    :normal-10: haha.

for livability  i think  tiger form.Invoke and Solid Shield gives us enough.  i think having to trade our def./hp for more DD is a fair trade and makes the class balanced. 
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
I agree but with another suggestion for barbs, since you want to make barbs more tanky, take out their GoF and give them purify or something that has a % to heal them. Bc when a barb can 2 shot a mage with only 1 of those crit zerking. That hurts D: deno knows what im referring to

Making a barb more tanky doesnt affect mages at all unless you increase their magic defence which wont happen due to imbalance. Asking to remove GoF because they hit too hard is airing on the side of complaining barbs are too op. If a barb is lucky they can get a couple of zerk crits in but it would take more than 2 hits to kill anyone. Wizards on the other hand are exactly the same; they hit me for 50k sometimes that's hugely more than I can hit any magic character so why should we lose GoF when Wizards deal way much more damage?