Epic Perfect World

Solo or Squad Runs in PV?

Offline Artex

• Characters: Artex
  • Faction: Nostalgia
Which is better for leveling? Solo or 4ppl squad run? Thanks ;)

Even if the whole wide world decides to fall apart And even if the brightest day is not enough.

Offline En

• ~Beautiful Silence~
Most people will say squad runs, but since you asked on the forum, I can explain.

Short answer, most exp gained will be by running PV solo.

The box above your chat window will show the amount of exp/spirit that you gain. Though on EPW, since the exp rate has been raised, that little window can't calculate past a certain extent (somewhere exceeding 60k exp). Once that point is reached, it will roll over and start again. When this happens, it will show that you're gaining more spirit than exp. This is wrong. It's quite impossible for the game to give more spirit than exp at any given time (unless at level 150, where you gain no exp at all).

In a sense, that window will lie to you.

For those that disagree, I'd like for you to go into pv (if you are under lvl 150) and write down the last 6 digits of your current exp. Once done, kill one (only one) monster, then write down your new last 6 digits.
Subtract the first 6 numbers from the second set. There you will have the exp that you ACTUALLY gained. Compare that number with the number in the window above your chat box.

Point proven.

= Long answer :P

Offline Animassacre

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: War
Well,Solo is harder,but exp is higher,with peoples in squad u do it faster,but exp is lower
so its ur choice  :normal-1:

Offline Artex

• Characters: Artex
  • Faction: Nostalgia
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll solo PV now.  ^-^

Even if the whole wide world decides to fall apart And even if the brightest day is not enough.

Offline Caeley

• Retired Staff Member
  • Ignorance is no excuse
Most people will say squad runs, but since you asked on the forum, I can explain.

Short answer, most exp gained will be by running PV solo.

The box above your chat window will show the amount of exp/spirit that you gain. Though on EPW, since the exp rate has been raised, that little window can't calculate past a certain extent (somewhere exceeding 60k exp). Once that point is reached, it will roll over and start again. When this happens, it will show that you're gaining more spirit than exp. This is wrong. It's quite impossible for the game to give more spirit than exp at any given time (unless at level 150, where you gain no exp at all).

In a sense, that window will lie to you.

For those that disagree, I'd like for you to go into pv (if you are under lvl 150) and write down the last 6 digits of your current exp. Once done, kill one (only one) monster, then write down your new last 6 digits.
Subtract the first 6 numbers from the second set. There you will have the exp that you ACTUALLY gained. Compare that number with the number in the window above your chat box.

Point proven.

= Long answer :P

That is true. Though, it wasn't really the question.
PV is an instance where it's not necessary to go with a large group.
Sure, the Amount of group exp rises with a larger group due to the EXP multiplicator, THE GROUP EXP, not the Exp a single player gets. The exp a player gains will always be lower compared to solo.

Now considering group runs in PV ... You have to compare how long you need solo and with a group and if its useful to go in a large group.
I personally recommend to solo it, or max 2 People doing it. The time you need with a group of 3 or more ppl wont differ that much to the time you need with 2 people. SO its ueless to enter it with a large group.

vlntbty

Yep, solo is best.

Offline Stripes

• Beginner
i never tried lvling my chars in PV on squad  :P... what's it like BTW?...  ;)

Offline Resolve

• Flurry of Dancing Flames
  • Characters: Resolve
  • Faction: Apollumi\Nohomo
i have always done solo though i know some classes have a harder time soloing it

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but sometimes we're driven to become the devil himself.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
With number of people in squad the multiplier
for total XP gradually grows. And player XP
per kill still gradually drops.

Squad of 6 will have multiplier 2.1 for group XP,
which means each member gets 0.35 from total.
Without that multiplier each member would get 0.1666

Example: mob killed gives 150,000 XP. Without the multiplier
each player would receive 25,000 but now receives 52,500.

And solo you still get the whole 150,000 per kill.

EDIT: And your orange numbers above chat box will show
something like 6884 or so. :)
Last Edit: Mar 29, 2013, 01:55 pm by geriatrix
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.