Epic Perfect World

Since things are being nerfed, here's a few other things to add to the list.

Offline disasta

how about you just nerf everything now..op skills, aps, ct and w.e so no one is able to kill anyone on his own and you need to AA with minimum 5 ppl to kill one person. i bet most of you QQin carebears would like that so you dont have to feel pixel killed by 1 person anymore. GG

Offline Coffee

• Retired Staff Member
  • is adorable. ❤
Some of these things are already being discussed. And we arn't nerfing the owl. Just the bleed, BUT not by alot.

Offline Moneymaker

Since the latest thing everyone seems to agree on is how OP the owl pet is I thought i'd add a short list of things that, by the same logic, should also be nerfed.

Bleed on the owl: Hits for ~3-5k a hit normally, on an arcane.  Using a 20% chance demon ironwood debuff it's damage goes to ~10-15k. This debuff costs chi and has a low chance add to that the (short) cooldown on bleed.
This is OP as appearently most people agree. Now, let's accept these numbers as OP and list a few things that should also be nerfed.

Mystic: Absorb soul. Easily hits arcanes for 10-15k, no debuffs required. Ignores any and all defensive skills and buffs other than ironguards/AD.  Wew. Oh, did I mention this attack will 1shot any pet?

R8R EA. Can get to near or even over 2.0 with a bow. Easily hits arcanes for 4-10k a hit. Let's do the math on this. Since we're in the business of worst case we'll go with 10k a hit, 2 aps. 20k damage a second. This works out to 60k damage in 3 seconds.
Bleed hits once every 3 seconds.  Uh oh.. EA regular attack damage is over three times higher with no 20% chance or any sort of cost? Obviously we should reduce the EA damage by the ~90% people ask for the pets.

Sins. Easily deal 4k a hit out of stealth. 4aps.  16kdmg/second. 48k dmg/3 seconds. Way worse than anything the pet does. This is not even counting DPH hits dealing over 30k.

Wizard Firecombo. Reduce fire def to 0, nuke just about anything in seconds, often 1shot on LA classes, 10k+ hits on AA. Just part of the game no? Guess this "it's part of the game" doesn't apply to venos.

Maybe people should use a defensive skill (there are several anti-bleed or anti-physical or regular anti-debuff/damage skills that will block it) as the bleed is applied. Instead of popping their antistun-ironguards at 1k hp and then get killed by the last bleed tick. Oh nah screw it, let's just QQ to the GM's and get it nerfed.

You are wrong about sins , they dont easily hit 4k at all , im a sin and 1 im struggling to even touch 4 aps , i am opnly 3.33 aps due to wind sheild so really im 2.86 aps also i only ever deal 3k dmg crit maximum to MOST players , so you are completely wrong , dnt think the sins are the same as gaykidos op sin , or areashis dph with sage sin , because they got lucky with r8 , as for the res of us

Offline Tavern

• Old Player

You are wrong about sins , they dont easily hit 4k at all , im a sin and 1 im struggling to even touch 4 aps , i am opnly 3.33 aps due to wind sheild so really im 2.86 aps also i only ever deal 3k dmg crit maximum to MOST players , so you are completely wrong , dnt think the sins are the same as gaykidos op sin , or areashis dph with sage sin , because they got lucky with r8 , as for the res of us

Lucky=/=spend 500k ec on recrafts.

Its funny the guy who asked for bleed nerf in the first place is a venomancer who has no trouble killing anyone..

Offline Therras

• Papi.

Its funny the guy who asked for bleed nerf in the first place is a venomancer who has no trouble killing anyone..
wow, you are my idol now.

Offline ChuLee

• Beginner
I've played veno from official, to almost every of the top private servers out there and i gotta tell GMs one thing before they nerf the crap out of veno's pets... D.Ironwood alone + Bleed is <<meant>> to be lethal, and debuffs + Pet is meant to do some decent damage...

That s for compensating for low magical dmg output (wf get the least mag damage for every magical stat point,compared to other classes, with mystic getting the highest),
compansate for all the time it takes for the wf to cast debuffs while not able to attack the opponent,
as well as to give the wf the possibility to go support while make her able to do some decent damage.

Maybe the current dmg of the OWL is a bit too high and needs to be fixed... but keep in mind:
It s easily killed by every 150 player if not one hitted...
It takes hell lot of time to summon it back if not impossible to do so while u are being attackd...
It s easy to dispell bleed ,with purify skills or genie (making the followed up curses and debuffs more worthy to cast)...

My point is ... don t over-nerf it,
pets are meant to be a significant aspect of wf's, and it takes lots of skill and effort to kill a pro player even with the most OP pet...
:rolleyes:

Offline LumpySpacePrincess

• Bitches Now Adays Be like Team LightSkin
ive also tried playing the PSychic They have extremely nerfed it lmfao im like "wtf how ***ing lame! speak of ***ing up classes to the xtreme of the xtreme and extreme lmao, i struggled to kill a barb at lvl 145 im like the *** rly? e_e weak sauce" imagine ull be like this with the venomancer after they nerf her xD ahaha but much worse
If that shit aint cute, put that bitch on mute!
http://i50.tinypic.com/i3ihvq.jpg

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
  • You just jellified of my mad moves *boogies* \o)
So much raging on this post...
Man you're the most awesome black person I've ever met. I wish I could be more like you. Plis teach me your ways. I too poor can't pay, but I promise to worship you.

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
Since the latest thing everyone seems to agree on is how OP the owl pet is I thought i'd add a short list of things that, by the same logic, should also be nerfed.

Bleed on the owl: Hits for ~3-5k a hit normally, on an arcane.  Using a 20% chance demon ironwood debuff it's damage goes to ~10-15k. This debuff costs chi and has a low chance add to that the (short) cooldown on bleed.
This is OP as appearently most people agree. Now, let's accept these numbers as OP and list a few things that should also be nerfed.

Mystic: Absorb soul. Easily hits arcanes for 10-15k, no debuffs required. Ignores any and all defensive skills and buffs other than ironguards/AD.  Wew. Oh, did I mention this attack will 1shot any pet?

R8R EA. Can get to near or even over 2.0 with a bow. Easily hits arcanes for 4-10k a hit. Let's do the math on this. Since we're in the business of worst case we'll go with 10k a hit, 2 aps. 20k damage a second. This works out to 60k damage in 3 seconds.
Bleed hits once every 3 seconds.  Uh oh.. EA regular attack damage is over three times higher with no 20% chance or any sort of cost? Obviously we should reduce the EA damage by the ~90% people ask for the pets.

Sins. Easily deal 4k a hit out of stealth. 4aps.  16kdmg/second. 48k dmg/3 seconds. Way worse than anything the pet does. This is not even counting DPH hits dealing over 30k.

Wizard Firecombo. Reduce fire def to 0, nuke just about anything in seconds, often 1shot on LA classes, 10k+ hits on AA. Just part of the game no? Guess this "it's part of the game" doesn't apply to venos.

Maybe people should use a defensive skill (there are several anti-bleed or anti-physical or regular anti-debuff/damage skills that will block it) as the bleed is applied. Instead of popping their antistun-ironguards at 1k hp and then get killed by the last bleed tick. Oh nah screw it, let's just QQ to the GM's and get it nerfed.

ANYTHING but the absorb soul. My normal attack hits soooo low on it, to kill an arcane I have to use Absorb Soul to actually do any good damage.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
ANYTHING but the absorb soul. My normal attack hits soooo low on it, to kill an arcane I have to use Absorb Soul to actually do any good damage.

Your regular attacks hit as hard as veno normal attacks. Absorb soul deals many times more damage than anything a veno can do.  If you think your damage is bad without absorb then you know how venos feel with their magic base attack being lower than yours and not having such a ridiculously OP attack to complement it.  Also having lower defenses and no instant-heal...
Last Edit: Apr 02, 2013, 02:40 pm by Feone

Offline 🌸

• -
The same attack?! Veno's can kill so easily with their combos. Mystics don't have any good combos without absorb soul, unless I just don't know about them.

Offline Ning-Jie

• Tired of QQ.inc
  • A good story is never really finished

Agreed.

On another note as someone already mentioned: You can't just compare the damage output of for example a dph sin and an aps sin? You can't compare classes due to their different skills and damage outputs. As for the veno nerf: Guys, ever thought of the fact that veno was suppose to be a player WITH a pet that was supposed to DO damage aswell? Maybe you forgot that because the Nix doesn't do very much - but that's what it was supposed to be
Stop bringing Archers, Mystics or whatever class into discussion hence simply because you can't kill it doesn't mean it's OP.

Practice your class and get skill please, before crying about a veno killing you or whatever. And don't cry about venos being weak because obviously if you have no clue how to use your class you will be killed. period.

NingJie - 150 Demon Archer
Johnny_ - 150 Sage Assassin
Jayden - 149 Sage Seeker
Ivan - 145 Demon Wizard

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
The same attack?! Veno's can kill so easily with their combos. Mystics don't have any good combos without absorb soul, unless I just don't know about them.

Killing easier? Any good geared psy, mystic, bm (tank gear) or barb (def geared) is pretty much immortal vs venos. Wizzies can die but between their slides and firecombo they have a definite advantage.  Clerics are generally hard to kill but at a bit of a disadvantage since they usually don't have the DD to put an arcane on the defensive. But overall... Pretty sure I posted some of the damage dealt/taken numbers for most classes in this topic somewhere.

I suspect a lot of this supposed high veno damage is from people running around with full buffs all the time. If you fight only venos without buffs ofcourse itll seem like they hit harder..

Agreed.

On another note as someone already mentioned: You can't just compare the damage output of for example a dph sin and an aps sin? You can't compare classes due to their different skills and damage outputs. As for the veno nerf: Guys, ever thought of the fact that veno was suppose to be a player WITH a pet that was supposed to DO damage aswell? Maybe you forgot that because the Nix doesn't do very much - but that's what it was supposed to be
Stop bringing Archers, Mystics or whatever class into discussion hence simply because you can't kill it doesn't mean it's OP.

Practice your class and get skill please, before crying about a veno killing you or whatever. And don't cry about venos being weak because obviously if you have no clue how to use your class you will be killed. period.

Actually. If you had read the first post, this thread IS about the other classes. Since people were crying about pets I listed a few other things that were equally OP. Anyway, the GM's have already said they are looking into bleed and some of these other things so for now we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Last Edit: Apr 02, 2013, 03:03 pm by Feone

Offline 🌸

• -
well, I've been killed by a veno while I was healing >: her combo was crazy and her defence was scary. I've never liked veno's since.

Offline Ning-Jie

• Tired of QQ.inc
  • A good story is never really finished
I read the first post, but people crying about a bleed being OP pulled a whole chain of things being OP along and that's not how it's supposed to be. Since to me it seemed like 'oh my god the venos are stronger now, let's see how we can get all other classes to be nerfed along with them or alternatively buffed because suddenly they're weak'.  They said before that they'd look into the issue with the bleed. They are looking for server balance after all.

What I'm saying is that:
Balance =/= 10 people cry op so something gets nerfed
Balance = You give the decision time and study whatever aspects of it and actually wait for a few more people to say something. (aka complain in a sensible manner)

It's just that recently I've seen so many people whine about stuff being 'OP' on the forums that it kind of does give the impression of people not learning their class and just start crying when they get killed.

NingJie - 150 Demon Archer
Johnny_ - 150 Sage Assassin
Jayden - 149 Sage Seeker
Ivan - 145 Demon Wizard