Epic Perfect World

Since things are being nerfed, here's a few other things to add to the list.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Since the latest thing everyone seems to agree on is how OP the owl pet is I thought i'd add a short list of things that, by the same logic, should also be nerfed.

Bleed on the owl: Hits for ~3-5k a hit normally, on an arcane.  Using a 20% chance demon ironwood debuff it's damage goes to ~10-15k. This debuff costs chi and has a low chance add to that the (short) cooldown on bleed.
This is OP as appearently most people agree. Now, let's accept these numbers as OP and list a few things that should also be nerfed.

Mystic: Absorb soul. Easily hits arcanes for 10-15k, no debuffs required. Ignores any and all defensive skills and buffs other than ironguards/AD.  Wew. Oh, did I mention this attack will 1shot any pet?

R8R EA. Can get to near or even over 2.0 with a bow. Easily hits arcanes for 4-10k a hit. Let's do the math on this. Since we're in the business of worst case we'll go with 10k a hit, 2 aps. 20k damage a second. This works out to 60k damage in 3 seconds.
Bleed hits once every 3 seconds.  Uh oh.. EA regular attack damage is over three times higher with no 20% chance or any sort of cost? Obviously we should reduce the EA damage by the ~90% people ask for the pets.

Sins. Easily deal 4k a hit out of stealth. 4aps.  16kdmg/second. 48k dmg/3 seconds. Way worse than anything the pet does. This is not even counting DPH hits dealing over 30k.

Wizard Firecombo. Reduce fire def to 0, nuke just about anything in seconds, often 1shot on LA classes, 10k+ hits on AA. Just part of the game no? Guess this "it's part of the game" doesn't apply to venos.

Maybe people should use a defensive skill (there are several anti-bleed or anti-physical or regular anti-debuff/damage skills that will block it) as the bleed is applied. Instead of popping their antistun-ironguards at 1k hp and then get killed by the last bleed tick. Oh nah screw it, let's just QQ to the GM's and get it nerfed.

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
Nothing else would be changed, for egoistic reasons.

I guess venos had that 1-week moment of fame. Back to being support.
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Offline Kaleidoscope

• Tangle was here ♥
  • Surge was here ♥
Here's the thing;

While I do agree that some of these things are OP and some are worthy of nerfing, I don't think it's fair to compare to the fact that a PET has the capability to do ridiculous amounts of damage. I think what everyone is neglecting to realize, or intentionally not admitting, is that pets are supposed to work in combination with venos and mystics. They are not supposed to do, in some cases, the equivalent of a venos damage output per bleed. Don't forget that other classes have been nerfed, while venos just got blessings.

shut up

If you're not going to contribute and are just going to be rude, don't post.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Thing is. Each and every single one of those classes have superior defenses and damage to venos. Pets ARE part of the game. They just never got damage upgraded compared to a lvl105 maximum server. They are supposed to hurt, they are supposed to complement venos instead of just being a fancy version of a useless all-class pet.

Oh, and as for the blessings. On my veno it amounts to a grand total of 800 pdef. It makes less than 2% difference.
Last Edit: Mar 29, 2013, 12:43 am by Feone

Antihero

So since every class is OP, why don't we just leave them alone?

Right where they belong.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
So since every class is OP, why don't we just leave them alone?

Right where they belong.

Antihero

Right where they belong

So... you have no valid point then? Lol alright.

Offline Decency23

As GN said, the problem with a pet ahving good damage is it is a pet, it has it's owner hitting pretty good damage on top of it.

I'm not saying the pet is OP, I have no idea. But you cannot compare the pet with other classes like that.

yunie1

I don't like violence.
Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:56 pm by Clarity

Offline ShroomBR

• Potatoes United
  • Vc e br!?
Worst damage output?
Your whole life has been a lie.

Cupcake<3

yunie1

Worst damage output?
Your whole life has been a lie.

Ok.
Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:57 pm by Clarity

Offline ShroomBR

• Potatoes United
  • Vc e br!?
Tell me a class that has worse or equal damaga than veno. NAME IT.

You can't simply compare classes. Why? Because they're meant to be different.

Cupcake<3

Offline Ace

• Stop bothering me.
  • Characters: Ace
  • Faction: Regicide Leader
EA 2.00 aps? That's a laugh, seeing as how I'm an EA and I have great gear by the majorities standard and my APs full R8R is .87. If I have int on my boots and bow I'd be up to 1.00ap or around there, but not 2.00 aps.

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
Tell me a class that has worse or equal damaga than veno. NAME IT.

soo a veno, has the ability to .. not only purge,, but heavily AMP the damage your opponent takes, and you still want to compare the damage output with other classes ?  i mean.. sure if u wanna hit the same as other classes, give my psy the ability to purge and amp the same as a veno, give veno black and white vodoo too whiile we're at it.. etc, etc. ..  ;o that way.. we all equal ;o all class can do the same thing ;o no more QQ, and narrow minded comparisons.

and as for the TO, as much as i love Feone, (even though he lost our child), .... i agree with most of what he has said, except for the fact. that has already been brought up by Brash. ... The owl's not the only thing one would be fighting against..  combined with the venomancer's own damage/stun/debuff/annoying morai skills and what not .. it IS a tad bit too OP of a combination.... (as if fighting Feone before the owl, wasn't hard enough already. lol

just my 2 cents ;o
Last Edit: Mar 29, 2013, 03:34 am by SHINIGAMI
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf