Epic Perfect World

New Night owl.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I wonder how many are going to be mad they spent the ec's for that pet, and now it gets nurfed?
None? Because they would get it anyway as long as it's better than phoenix? And it will be noticeable better anyway.

Offline Kaleidoscope

• Tangle was here ♥
  • Surge was here ♥
I wonder how many are going to be mad they spent the ec's for that pet, and now it gets nurfed?

The fact that it may or may not be getting changed, doesn't take away that it's still a new pet that's better than, and will most likely remain better than, the phoenix.

Offline Aujami

• Old Player
the bleed alone is not op what made it op is the iroonwood demon which reduce target def by 0. but once again if ppl has buffs on even with iroodwood proc u don't get 0 pdef so i don't see a point of reducing bleed skill or even removing it. it's demon iroonwood the OP not the owl. ive hitted ppl for over 55k with my barb with iroodwood on them that does not mean u nerf normal attcks for barbs  :-\ plus u can always purify bleed with genie skills there is genie skill specify to remove bleed from u so this thread is making no sense.

Offline Tavern

• Old Player
the bleed alone is not op what made it op is the iroonwood demon which reduce target def by 0. but once again if ppl has buffs on even with iroodwood proc u don't get 0 pdef so i don't see a point of reducing bleed skill or even removing it. it's demon iroonwood the OP not the owl. ive hitted ppl for over 55k with my barb with iroodwood on them that does not mean u nerf normal attcks for barbs  :-\ plus u can always purify bleed with genie skills there is genie skill specify to remove bleed from u so this thread is making no sense.

That's where u are wrong, demon ironrock will always reduce their defence to 0, no matter what buffs they have.. The pet is not another class like ur barb is, you need to consider the pet has a owner hitting u for 10ks on top of the pet dmg.

It isnt much op, but the demon iron rock makes it be Op cuz its def 0. Owl hits me around 2k without none debuff. Maybe removing the Bleed pet skill would help, idk. Since veno skill cant be edited removing bleed would be a suggestion.
If bleed was removed I would go back to using no pet again. I use my pet for 3 things: Stun, tank 2-3 hits, when they focus it, and the bleed for some dmg. The auto attacks are too unreliable as pets often bugs and stands still, so you often see them not attacking anything.
Last Edit: Mar 27, 2013, 03:42 pm by Tavern

Offline Savn

• Old Player
  • Trust starts with truth and ends with truth
LOL???? u can't take away a pett skill wtf .... its same as nix hade bleed but ye we gott a 10% better pett than nix .... and it's still a 1 hitt so dont come QQ about how op it is... maybe when demon veno is lucky yea but its 20% ...allso dis is venomancer -.- im so tired off all class QQ ... seriously go make a veno then and stopp complaine about the class... QQ purge QQ amp BLA BLA ALLWAYS..... and if they take away a pett skill whats next? amp? nova? seriously -.-

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
please keep it .. i am so happy getting 1 shot by venos  :normal-8:

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Well, 1shot by bleed simply doesn't happen unless you are either not 150 or the pet got an orb on NS. Seeing as just about any class can 1shot things with orbs that's entirely not relevant.

A lot of the QQ seems to be about dieing to a veno in the first place.. Yes, pet bleed hurts. Of course it hurts if your pdef has been decreased and you have 3 different +% damage debuffs on you.. Venos are all about debuffs and it takes a notable amount of time and chi to apply them, some being extremely low % chance.

If a veno wastes 3 sparks on a combo thats ~40% chance to work and then deals some high damage it's not OP. There are plenty of ways to counter and/or avoid if it even procs in the first place. The regular pet attacks only hurt a lot when you are heavily debuffed. While I agree the bleed is too powerfull it's definitely no reason to nerf every aspect of the pet.  It should be possible to either remove the skill from the vendors entirely and/or limit it to a lower level.

Interesting how veno's are  "OP" when they hit 8k on a ~20% chance success combo but when archers hit venos for 10k regular attacks/no debuffs or psy's critting venos for 15-20k no debuffs whatsoever while taking little to no damage it's all just fine.

Offline Aujami

• Old Player
please keep it .. i am so happy getting 1 shot by venos  :normal-8:

veno 1 shot u Oo it's about 20k bleed with amp and ur a psy u can easily purify with psy will.

That's where u are wrong, demon ironrock will always reduce their defence to 0, no matter what buffs they have.. The pet is not another class like ur barb is, you need to consider the pet has a owner hitting u for 10ks on top of the pet dmg.

in mass pk if u get hit by demon IW and got any aother phys class attcking u dead anyways. in 1vs1 bleed easily can be purify or even kill the pet itself which what everyone does to any of veno pets in 1vs1. so i don't see any point of removing or nurfing it.

If bleed was removed I would go back to using no pet again. I use my pet for 3 things: Stun, tank 2-3 hits, when they focus it, and the bleed for some dmg. The auto attacks are too unreliable as pets often bugs and stands still, so you often see them not attacking anything.
so u pretty much saying pet gonna be useless after they remove/nerf bleed. :rolleyes:
once again the bleed alone does no dmg it's all the fancy debuffs veno got so it has nothing to do with pet if u gonna neft something nerf the skill that makes every phys attck op

Offline Kyw

• Kiwi
If bleed gets limited to lv1 or the owl gets damage nerd, but still have more damage than phoenix, no one will get this problem.
Last Edit: Mar 27, 2013, 05:13 pm by Kyw

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
  • You just jellified of my mad moves *boogies* \o)
None? Because they would get it anyway as long as it's better than phoenix? And it will be noticeable better anyway.

Ima have to disagree with the "none", considering there's alot of people on this server that would QQ at the drop of a hat...... Happy they're getting nurfed though. Those night owls are ridic...

On a side note for things like this it would probably be nice to find another way to test things via players.. But that's just my opinion.
Man you're the most awesome black person I've ever met. I wish I could be more like you. Plis teach me your ways. I too poor can't pay, but I promise to worship you.

Offline thumper

• Thumper Power <3
Well I also will have to disagree with this statement.. Veno's spent  Event Tokens to buy this pet without it being nerffed.. If they wanted a nerffed pet they would have asked for it before they bought it.. Nobody buys things and expects them to be changed.. its like buying a car with air conditioning then having the manufacture say well the other people that dont have it seem to think its biased so we are talking it away from you to keep everyone else happy..

Just because people havent taken the time to learn HOW to play their toons doesnt mean that you need to nerf so no one gets mad or QQ's or starts Drama... IE. They need to learn HOW to play their Toons.. Practice makes Perfect not QQing and asking for Nerffing...

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
Well I also will have to disagree with this statement.. Veno's spent  Event Tokens to buy this pet without it being nerffed.. If they wanted a nerffed pet they would have asked for it before they bought it.. Nobody buys things and expects them to be changed.. its like buying a car with air conditioning then having the manufacture say well other the people that dont have it seem to think its biased so we are talking it away from you to keep everyone else happy..

Just because people havent taken the time to learn HOW to play their toons doesnt mean that you need to nerf so no one gets mad or QQ's or starts Drama... IE. They need to learn HOW to play their Toons.. Practice makes Perfect not QQing and asking for Nerffing...

The op requesting the nerf is a veno who realizes first hand how ridiculous the damage is. Even Agatio admitted a mistake when testing the damage. So you sitting here telling people to learn how to play is just.... well im going to be nice here and shut up.

Offline thumper

• Thumper Power <3
Its not just about the Veno... If you go back and look someone is always QQ'ing or Complaining that this class is better and that class is better...  Wanting better Blessing Boxes Wanting Wanting Wanting.... So yeah more ppl need to learn how to play there toons, how to successfully use their genies... That is all...

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
Well adding demon nova chance of increasing damage, Ironwood debuff(or rainbow if iron doesn't hit) + purged and amped. Then I could see why it would be op. but if the opponent is smart they would use faith or maybe spark purify themselves to stay alive?

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I had a veno test that owl out on my archer.  I was not debuffed at all and that bleed did 4.1k a tick.  4.1k a tick on a non-debuffed archer.  Yeah, that shit needs adjusting.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)