Epic Perfect World

i have a very Bad issue :/

Offline ✿●◦𝐸𝓁𝒾𝓏𝒶◦●✿

• Hσиєуѕυcкlє ѕρєll
  • ѕωєєт νισlєтѕ for you if you stay тяυє
With all the respect. Do the proper research, before accusing GM of misinformation.
Thank you.
*sigh* ok I will lie to players. If you guys, along with GM want to that is your prerogative. It was done for me so I know it can be done.
End of.

Offline yep

OMG you guys are killing me.
Just check with Burdette.
I know because he did it for me on Shuga.  It was not part of any database dump.
Maybe it is not done as norm but it was done.
Again. You have no clue how it happened and why it happened. The staff knows the situation perfectly. Changed names could be recovered only once due to database problem which happened 1 year ago. But it's not something that is going to repeat.

Offline ✿●◦𝐸𝓁𝒾𝓏𝒶◦●✿

• Hσиєуѕυcкlє ѕρєll
Again. You have no clue how it happened and why it happened. The staff knows the situation perfectly. Changed names could be recovered only once due to database problem which happened 1 year ago. But it's not something that is going to repeat.
I changed my name to Shuga with an id stone.
I then changed it again.
I wanted Shuga back and contaced Burdette.
He deleted Shuga from the database. 
I then used an id stone and changed my name back to Shuga.
GTFO useless troll.

Offline Masuta

• The Adversary
  • Habits ♡
  • Characters: Masuta
  • Faction: Adversary • Tyrants
I changed my name to Shuga with an id stone.
I then changed it again.
I wanted Shuga back and contaced Burdette.
He deleted Shuga from the database.
I then used an id stone and changed my name back to Shuga.
GTFO useless troll.
Who says he is trolling?
This has been like this for clearly all of us throughout our entire times on this server.

Anyways, what everyone is trying to tell you is that what you had going on was a one-time-thing.
If it was during the database wipe or not, it doesn't matter. 
This is how it goes now, and this is how it is.
here for the memes, there's nothing else left anyways

Offline ✿●◦𝐸𝓁𝒾𝓏𝒶◦●✿

• Hσиєуѕυcкlє ѕρєll
Who says he is trolling?
This has been like this for clearly all of us throughout our entire times on this server.

Anyways, what everyone is trying to tell you is that what you had going on was a one-time-thing.
If it was during the database wipe or not, it doesn't matter.
This is how it goes now, and this is how it is.
It is sorted now. OP and I have spoken via private message and he is now been helped.

No longer going to reply to tards who cannot or refuse to read.
Last Edit: Jan 05, 2018, 05:49 pm by Slinky☆Shuga

Offline Ash.

• Faction: Akatsuki克

OMG you guys are killing me.
Just check with Burdette.
I know because he did it for me on Shuga.  It was not part of any database dump.
Maybe it is not done as norm but it was done.

why u mad? they alrdy told u that it can't be done :) I myself asked Burdette to bring back my previous name (Malak) and he said he can't change it since he doesn't know what (id stone name change) could do !! get along with it bruh :3
sig by my sister ♥

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
What exactly are these risks you GM's are talking about. If we managed to successfully do it once, what is the potential issue if we do it again? I'm sure Burdette is experienced enough to properly do this. What's the worse that could happen? Rollback?
"My honor is my loyalty

it's all just a lazy ass "programing" u can do anything you want with this sht, what with those all noooooo it is not possible gone forevah and etc.... you dumb or something? u can make new physics, add new classes, basically u can do anything you want zzzZZZZZzzzz 

Offline ʙᴇʙᴇ

• Adversary
  • Adversary created them, and prominent finished them.
it's all just a lazy ass "programing" u can do anything you want with this sht, what with those all noooooo it is not possible gone forevah and etc.... you dumb or something? u can make new physics, add new classes, basically u can do anything you want zzzZZZZZzzzz
The ***?
  :normal-2:
I can be all the things you told me not to be

♥ Dev
The ***?
  :normal-2:
dont worry about it
01100100011101010110110101100010001000000110001001101001011101000110001101101000

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
Offline Rikku borhter probably^

Offline D' Zen

• Forum Veteran
dont worry about it
01100100011101010110110101100010001000000110001001101001011101000110001101101000
and that apparently is how you do it 0010101010010111111000111110001111000011110010001111110000011111111110000000000000000000011111111111111110101010010101010101. Take notes guys.
Last Edit: Jan 05, 2018, 07:40 pm by Krish

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
Not without source code

It's possible to clear ID stone changed names, but I don't do it anymore. It's not nearly as easy to clear idstone names than it is to delete existing characters. It can only be done while the server is offline and it takes around 5 minutes to clear each name, so if i started clearing idstone names all the time then id probably get 30+ requests every patch, not only increasing patch time by another 3 hours, but also highly increasing the risk that something will go wrong and cause a corruption, since clearing idstone names requires hex editing the database. And even if i dont mess anything up, the way that the database remains after the edits has potential to still cause corruption.
I cleared a few names mostly because i wanted to see if its possible and learn more about how pw works, I'm not going to start doing it regularly for the reason above.
Last Edit: Jan 05, 2018, 07:50 pm by Burdette
Not without source code

It's possible to clear ID stone changed names, but I don't do it anymore. It's not nearly as easy to clear idstone names than it is to delete existing characters. It can only be done while the server is offline and it takes around 5 minutes to clear each name, so if i started clearing idstone names all the time then id probably get 30+ requests every patch, not only increasing patch time by another 3 hours, but also highly increasing the risk that something will go wrong and cause a corruption, since clearing idstone names requires hex editing the database. And even if i dont mess anything up, the way that the database remains after the edits has potential to still cause corruption.
I cleared a few names mostly because i wanted to see if its possible and learn more about how pw works, I'm not going to start doing it regularly for the reason above.
yes that is exactly what i wanted to say that this is possible, to those who think it is not.

Offline yep

yes that is exactly what i wanted to say that this is possible, to those who think it is not.
No, that's not what you said. You inputed that developer is lazy, without you having comprehension of the problem.

It's possible to clear ID stone changed names, but I don't do it anymore (...) since clearing idstone names requires hex editing the database. (....) the way that the database remains after the edits has potential to still cause corruption.