Epic Perfect World

Help Please with Launching Game

Offline Love05

Hi all! I’ve finally considered EPW game, hoping to have a similar game experience when I started PWI back in 2008 also since PWI seems to make you attempt to spend real money just to get best gears and be ahead and all. 

However a few issues came up as I tried to start the game and any tips or feedback on proper way to launch the game would be greatly appreciated.

1. My antivirus automatically keeps removing the patcher.exe app everytime I run it. I tried to set allow but it persists. I have Norton antivirus and apparently this file is flagged with serious risk, hence being auto-remove

2. I clicked on start.bat app but it won’t continue as again, somehow the patcher.exe is missing due to #1

3. Same thing happen if I use the launcher.exe

4. I did try to copy the PWI’s patcher.exe version into where the epw folder is. It runs but when i tried to click update or verify, somewhere the process gets interrupted and therefore could not proceed to start at all

5. Lastly, I click on the elementclient.exe and that appeared to work, got through server selection and proceeded to create the character from there. However, I am curious as to why the Server selection only shows Epica and list of Link 1, Link 2, etc. Is that how it supposed to be? I was expecting to see like USA connections and actual name for the servers rather. Could someone please confirm if what I see is what it is? Hope this make sense. 

6. Though, I haven’t got the chance to successfully create my char class, so not even sure if the game will play all the way past it.

7. Bottomline, seems like I can launch the game per #5, but will I have issues down the road for not having the patcher.exe or launcher.exe in my epw folders? Any thoughts on this please?

Offline Rikku

• This sin hates PVP
  • cuz :)
  • Characters: Yuffie
Completely uninstall Norton (use their uninstaller tool if you need to, its great) & get a better antivirus like Avast or Avira. if you don't mind paying for an av Kaspersky's is pretty good too (from what I've been hearing/told by dad.)

also with point 5 that's how it is.
:)

Offline Love05

Thanks for the response. I was able* to sort it out and got to load the game and all seems to be working just fine. I had to pause/stop my auto-scan to get the patcher update and verify to work and finally saw version v33 which confirms I am on the latest patch this time. My antivirus is up and running now and as well as the game without any more issues. So all good here!