Epic Perfect World

Server capacity.

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
Hi everyone,
from waht i am noticing, more and more people are joining the server. Farming is becoming very difficult... rancor events (really bad timing for europe btw- night and midday hours, no evening events) are full, there are actually more players than spawning mobs. I also keep wondering why can`t there be simply more mobs spawning so that ppl do not always have to fight for each coin? Farming at places like forest planes is barely possible, because of multiclienting,  people gathering mobs with alts and killing them with seeker, wizard aoe-no fun!
Not sure if i should mention NS- a big pk area, only few crystals at only 1  spot (why no more crystals spread throughout the whole area, it could be so much fun!) Stealth here is not possible ( a basic sin skill), so farming here quite horrible.
To summorize it- the server is getting more and more into survival mode and out of the fun mode.
What about providing more areas, opportunities, events for ppl who want to farm, earn coins and just do something useful here?
There is a thin line between providing for the server and providing for the players. If things are too easy, it is no fun, if things are to orough, it is no fun. Atm it is 65/35% in favour of roughness and providing for the server.
Thank you.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
about the the addition of new faring spots, we can consider that and think on something.

about the increase amount of crystals in NS, i dunno if thats such a good idea, i barely see ppl there fighting for those alrdy...more like to go PvP instead of farming.

about new stuff, well we are working on something that requires time. don't forget that we use custom made stuff, everything we have its planned and worked on frmo scratch..from nothing.
i can advance you that we are working still on the 150 instance, but from what i have from Agatio it should be finished soon. we will implement another new instance to replace the Road of Death (which after we release it we noticed a lot of flaws :/). we are also aworking on the addition on something...which we want it to be a surprise, this addition will result automaticly on the revamp of something else that was asked by the players.

so to be short now, we have some plans, and we had to deal with the DDoS attacks for more than amonth...its very frustrating but we are still here...and number 1 !

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
Thank you for the answer EvilTorch.
About the NS crystals. Pk spots are always close to respawn points. Crystals in ns are spawning just few meters back to the common ns pk spot. So the pkers can observe if someone is trying to farm; pkers often hit the crystals just for fun, if no enemy at sight..
Imagine ns having crystals randomly (or more or less randomly) spawning across the whole map....Would be so much fun...(or at least in 2-3 different locations or islands).
I find the server really good, your ideas and custom work are excellent.My suggestions are meant to give some ideas, share some observations... not to understate your great work:)
Greetings.
Last Edit: Mar 14, 2013, 02:12 pm by littlelupe

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
we appreciate every single comment, we don't ditch ideas we read them, and think about them. many ideas we have are from players suggestions.

i just dunno how well would that work, more crystals in NS. how many more are u thinking about ?

Offline LikeFishABoss

• Knocka those HONKAS!
  • War is the way to go! :3
Well Evil, it would actually be great if NS has a bit more spwn points. Right now all the people on the server who are pure farmers are the ones who have almost blocked the points of farming. M talking about the EC drop points. Also just want to say, I have been on this server since it started. So I am happy with what you guys do! And yes we do believe in you guys to come up with the contents of this awesome server!
LikeFishABos- R8+Drag Sage Sin.
KittyKatToe- Sage Barb
SumYungHo_ - Sage Veno
OMGWTFBBQ - Sage Psy

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
I wonder when that  day will come and EPW will be 80% pvp 20% pve
like 40 friends of mine waiting this day so they can come here to play with me  :normal-14:

Offline Méme

• Kanye
  • It's like boss loaf soaked in dude soup.
I wonder when that  day will come and EPW will be 80% pvp 20% pve
like 40 friends of mine waiting this day so they can come here to play with me  :normal-14:

That siggy, lmao.

roses are red
violets are blue
omae wa mou shindeiru

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi

Offline LikeFishABoss

• Knocka those HONKAS!
Yes that signature....
KittyKatToe- Sage Barb
SumYungHo_ - Sage Veno
OMGWTFBBQ - Sage Psy

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
As a player who spends a lot of time on NS I can say a few things about it.

1: The crystals are frequently being left alone completely.
2: Currently the spawnrate is such that 1 person can easily cover all spawns. Multiple people requires a lot of waiting from each farmer trying to secure a crystal for themselves.
3: There is very little pk over the crystals themselves. Most of it is just the usual large-group epeen stroking by beating up a few randoms.
4: Since it is a relatively small area there is usuall a small group of friends/people who at least know eachother hanging out and protecting eachother. Making actual attacks on the farmers without a large group very hard.

Spreading the crystals all over the island may work in a few ways, first of all it makes it a lot harder for a large group to just gank everything in sight in one spot since all farmers would be more spread out. There are plenty of pk spots for this sort of pk, nightscream was intended to be somewhat different.

Secondly in order to actually gain some ec worth the risk of losing the farmed OBC's there would have to be significantly more crystals to deal with the increased spawn area (To not make it 5 minutes of searching for a crystal each time.), this would also allow more people farming simultaneously while not really speeding up the individual farm rate since the crystal density wouldn't be increased, just a large area covered with them.

Lastly it will make pk over the old bronze coins more viable. Hunters aren't exactly liked by the farming population and as such they will generally gank hunters on sight. Usually assisted by the people who just hang at ns as their "home" area.  This makes actually attacking hunters very hard as an indivual player without a large group as backup. (Ending up in several farmers not fighting anyone spending most of the time waiting for respawns.) With a larger area to spread the farmers over attacking a lone farmer would be more likely to occur. On the farmers end they would also be less bothered by other farmers and as such gain OBC's  easier while also increasing the risk of being killed while doing so.

NS has a rather large safezone though, if possible it would be good to shrink it to the small shore around the ship only instead of half the map.

Also, post count farmers everywhere... So many useless offtopic posts.

Offline LikeFishABoss

• Knocka those HONKAS!
Le wild Feona appears and pwns the post...

But yes what you discussed makes a solid point.
+1
KittyKatToe- Sage Barb
SumYungHo_ - Sage Veno
OMGWTFBBQ - Sage Psy

Offline Hephastus

Ok so the NS issue has been address... the rest of this post makes little sense. "Let's get rid of half the population because too many people play now?" "I can't farm well enough because I can't be in stealth and hide from the nasty pkers"

Just a guess but you've been playing this game for about a week and a half and think you have it all figured out? Honestly, it MEANT to be a challenge. You can always go play pokemon online if you can't deal with one simple fact in life....an ACTIVE server is good and spreading things out only makes for more areas to become clustered up with farmers. Not going to solve much aside from the NS instance and that's a special case.

Offline LikeFishABoss

• Knocka those HONKAS!
Well.... Well.... WELL! Good point there, some people are just lazy...
KittyKatToe- Sage Barb
SumYungHo_ - Sage Veno
OMGWTFBBQ - Sage Psy

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
Dear WatchTower, dear players...
In my opinion, adding 2 more areas similar to the one that we currently have, would be a good start.
Ns is actually a really nice location with much space for new crystals:)
I do not want to discuss anything else under this topic, just to clarify.
Ns is a pk spot, there is a lot of pk going on there, there are very little opportunities for peaceful ppl to farm there, most of the time groups randomly killing everyone who gets close, rest of the time players fighting eachother for crystals, when they get frustrated of too many ppl there.
If we want to make Ns a pk spot, then I would like to be able to use my two basic skills (stealth), if we adjust Ns to the current server population and make it a farming spot, then no stealth mode available is the better solution.
Thank you.

Offline LikeFishABoss

• Knocka those HONKAS!
Dear WatchTower, dear players...
In my opinion, adding 2 more areas similar to the one that we currently have, would be a good start.
Ns is actually a really nice location with much space for new crystals:)
I do not want to discuss anything else under this topic, just to clarify.
Ns is a pk spot, there is a lot of pk going on there, there are very little opportunities for peaceful ppl to farm there, most of the time groups randomly killing everyone who gets close, rest of the time players fighting eachother for crystals, when they get frustrated of too many ppl there.
If we want to make Ns a pk spot, then I would like to be able to use my two basic skills (stealth), if we adjust Ns to the current server population and make it a farming spot, then no stealth mode available is the better solution.
Thank you.

True dat.
KittyKatToe- Sage Barb
SumYungHo_ - Sage Veno
OMGWTFBBQ - Sage Psy