Epic Perfect World

FPS issue

Offline Teru

• Moderated
  • Toxic
  • Characters: Teru
  • Faction: PWin2k18LUL

FYI any old AMDs CPUs (also known as APUs) are more or less useless nowadays (apart from the new line of ryzen), on the other hand an older intel quad core CPU can preform nearly as good as the new ones if overclocked. my OC'd 3770k preforms as well as a 6700k.
This is false. IPC matters a lot for pw. My overclocked i7 2600k was getting way worse fps than my stock ryzen even while having a big clock advantage. The difference got even bigger when I OCed the Ryzen chip. You'd probably see a decent boost with Skylake or kaby lake CPUs
good patch HEHEHEHHEH

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Perfect World.. FPS issues..

This game hasn’t been optimized since its launch and you are surprised that you’re having FPS issues? This game is almost unplayable without simple models on, and even then it’s still terrible in terms of FPS. The fact that someone can get extremely high FPS in the newest games in 2017 on max settings and then can only get 15FPS in PK on PW is purely based on the fact that the Angelica engine hasn’t been optimized at all and never will be. I have an i7 7700K OC’d and a 1080Ti FTW3 OC’d and still with some of the best hardware on the market this game sucks in terms of performance.

TL;DR play on simple models because nothing else is really going to make a significant difference unless you’re playing on a toaster.
Last Edit: Oct 01, 2017, 05:22 am by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
i3 6100 3.7ghz with a gtx 1050 ti and im at 12-18 fps in the asian timezone mass pk (roughly 150 players in same area ignoring those that come back from sz) with full settings and ini
It gets low only when Stormbringer Vortex comes into play because for some reason its not handled by the GPU lol
Reducing the size of it/ reducing vortex quality helps alot
In lower pks i can get roughly 20-35 fps 
Anything under 50 players in 1 area i have 30-40 fps constant

So yea, certain CPUs with higher single core performance help alot

This is false. IPC matters a lot for pw. My overclocked i7 2600k was getting way worse fps than my stock ryzen even while having a big clock advantage. The difference got even bigger when I OCed the Ryzen chip. You'd probably see a decent boost with Skylake or kaby lake CPUs

Which Ryzen? Didn't wanna go for amd due to overheat issues that everyone brought up ;o i went for a cheaper intel just to save in case i'd change in future the cpu
Worth getting it? :-\

Offline Tros

• Simon ツ
Ryzen is a different story hence I didn't mention it, kaby lake processors base clock speed is too high + the IPC, there is no way an ivy bridge would match it, although a skylake with its base clock vs OCd ivy bridge with higher clock can preform nearly as good if not as good as a base skylake, from my knowledge and experience anyway.

Offline Teru

• Moderated
  • Toxic
  • Characters: Teru
  • Faction: PWin2k18LUL

Which Ryzen? Didn't wanna go for amd due to overheat issues that everyone brought up ;o i went for a cheaper intel just to save in case i'd change in future the cpu
Worth getting it? :-\
1600. It actually runs cooler than Intel CPUs but you wouldn't see any jump in pw performance. For other games it's worth it imo but new Intel 6 core mainstream CPUs are coming soon so no point in upgrading pc now
good patch HEHEHEHHEH

Offline clariska

Yeah thats what I thought too  :-[ idk how to really go about fixing it other then turning everything relaly ***ing low and I feel like I don't need to do that
Well kinda hard to determine without the proper specs but one question did you update the mobo bios.Usually when a board is released they add bios for various reasons.Mine actually sorted my cpu utilization out aka stability.There is some frame drops in some area's and sometimes there's just frame drops for nothing.But i do get descend playable frames.
On to ryzen as i see a lot of people debating over this cpu.Well price to performance here in South Africa the amd's a much better buy.Performance is top notch for the price you pay(cept for Threadripper that's 15k :P and the i9's not even worth the price :D)from the 1500x up is pretty descend don't waste money on the 1200.If i had to build a 1500x it will cost me 5-6k for whole pc(excluding gfx/hdd's)Most games use up to 4 cores nothing more.pw runs on 1 core if i am not mistaken.Regarding heat my 4170 doesn't overheat at all it all depends on how you set it up i actually build my own cooling solution for my pc and i am idling at 24 and on a stress test it goes up to 45.
Funny thing is game was released when core2duo and x2 amd's was out so idk why they didn't optimize it then.
Last but not least i have an old core2duo E3300 2.5ghz(clocked to 3.4ghz gotta love the old cpu's with custom coolers :P)and amd athlon x2 4400 2.2ghz(clocked to 2.9 ghz)both running on a 9800gt and they run a lot better than this pc..The specs of pwi are way wrong tho as i'll like anyone's a$$ that runs this on a 1ghz pc with an ati 8400 or so gfx card.
PS:I am not using in game fps meter i am running 3rd party frame capture software.
P.P.S Amd 4400+ was released 2005 before pw altho the board i am using was released earlier but pw was already in development they should've waited on release date and optimized it.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/11658/the-amd-ryzen-3-1300x-ryzen-3-1200-cpu-review quite a good read and as people will notice it all depends on the software you use or the game you play.I personally will go for the 1300x as i don't really do gaming cept pw :P and occasionally dota

Offline yep

Funny thing is game was released when core2duo and x2 amd's was out so idk why they didn't optimize it then.
Actually it was optimized back then. It's just the fact that they kept adding new features and more advanced models / graphics over the years made it is so sluggish. Apparently improving the engine would require too much work and would require re-writing a good chunk of code which is too costly and time consuming for the publishers.
Still I would gladly sacrifice 1 year of work / 2 expansions and have a smooth and responding game than this.

Offline Mazsin

• Faction: Goetia
Actually it was optimized back then. It's just the fact that they kept adding new features and more advanced models / graphics over the years made it is so sluggish. Apparently improving the engine would require too much work and would require re-writing a good chunk of code which is too costly and time consuming for the publishers.
Still I would gladly sacrifice 1 year of work / 2 expansions and have a smooth and responding game than this.
I agree