Epic Perfect World

FPS issue

Offline ❤αнzυ❤

• Just some nubcake
  • Characters: Ahyzu
I have a pretty okay system - It's a bit old now, but I'm just having so many frame issues that I don't think it's using my GPU to it's full use or something. My card is always running at its idle temp in this game, so thats why i'm thinking that. But, I don't know how to check what the game is running off of.  :-[

I have a AMD-FX 8320 8 core processor at 3.5Ghz.
GTX 760 2GB card
16GB of memory.

With this, sitting at "Medium" in Overall, I have 20-30 FPS sitting in lost. It just doesn't feel right and idk how to really begin even fixing it. Any help would be appreciated  :'(

Offline Teru

• Moderated
  • Toxic
  • Characters: Teru
  • Faction: PWin2k18LUL
The game engine only uses 1 core and your AMD CPU has terrible single core performance and IPC so you can't expect much in older games that are as badly optimized as pw
good patch HEHEHEHHEH

Offline ❤αнzυ❤

• Just some nubcake
The game engine only uses 1 core and your AMD CPU has terrible single core performance and IPC so you can't expect much in older games that are as badly optimized as pw
Ahhh :/ Is there anything I can do that can help with performance? Or am I just shit outta luck?

Offline yep

Game System settings:
- lower the Distance
- disable Shadows / Soften
- also you can disable Grass entirely, since it's more convenient to play this way.

UI settings:
- set Proxy Visuals to around 60-70 meters

Optimization settings:
- hide Hit Lightning Effects
- hide Armor / Weapon Socket Lightning

Other settings can be max / near max.
If the game still lags, then lower the Distance even more, set Proxy Visuals to ~50 meters and consider using Simple Models in the Optimization settings
Last Edit: Sept 30, 2017, 04:13 pm by Neymar Jr

Offline ❤αнzυ❤

• Just some nubcake
Game System settings:
- lower the Distance
- disable Shadows / Soften
- also you can disable Grass entirely, since it's more convenient to play this way.

UI settings:
- set Proxy Visuals to around 60-70 meters

Optimization settings:
- hide Hit Lightning Effects
- hide Armor / Weapon Socket Lightning

Other settings can be max / near max.
If the game still lags, then lower the Distance even more, set Proxy Visuals to ~50 meters and consider using Simple Models in the Optimization settings
Changing all that seemed to help a bit, but it's still pretty low :Shrug: Guess i'll just have to live with it. Thanks.

Offline yep

Simple Models give the biggest improvement, but they make the game look really poor. It's good to turn it on for PK though.

Offline ❤αнzυ❤

• Just some nubcake
Simple Models give the biggest improvement, but they make the game look really poor. It's good to turn it on for PK though.
Ah alright. I'd prefer a bit of lag compared to everything looking like trash. I'll make sure to keep that in mind.

Offline Atemwende

• Sans Soleil
  • Characters: Rivaille Rivers Notte Near Noia Atemwende Shanghai Malraux
  • Faction: Vengeance
So right dude, because there are so many mongrels mass pking right now-on a dead game.

I never switched to Simple models because I liked to know which rodent I dismembered.
Your best option is to quit.

Offline clariska

My specs are AMD 4170k running on an RX 550 and average i get 80 frames and up to 120+ frames in some area's.The games not optimized for more than 1 core but you should be running it better than my pc.....I personally don't like the 8320 for gaming tho :P

Offline ᴠɪᴄ

• ✝️
So right dude, because there are so many mongrels mass pking right now-on a dead game.

I never switched to Simple models because I liked to know which rodent I dismembered.
Your best option is to quit.
can't read names or wat XDDDDD

Offline Atemwende

• Sans Soleil
can't read names or wat XDDDDD
Can read between the lines that you are gay

Offline Tros

• Simon ツ
Simply speaking, Perfect World never majorly utilized GPU, its a processor driven game/engine, I had a Radeon HD 7870 and swapped over to a 980ti and had no FPS improvement (as expected). PWs Engine doesn't cope well with players/models and recks your FPS whenever there is mass PK. I have a i7 3770k overclocked to 4.4Ghz, and can get around 20 to 120 fps depending on surroundings and amount of players, drops down to like 2-10fps with proper mass if I don't turn down models. The only major FPS boost you can get is changing Models and distance.

FYI any old AMDs CPUs (also known as APUs) are more or less useless nowadays (apart from the new line of ryzen), on the other hand an older intel quad core CPU can preform nearly as good as the new ones if overclocked. my OC'd 3770k preforms as well as a 6700k.

Offline Atemwende

• Sans Soleil
Simply speaking, Perfect World never majorly utilized GPU, its a processor driven game/engine, I had a Radeon HD 7870 and swapped over to a 980ti and had no FPS improvement (as expected). PWs Engine doesn't cope well with players/models and recks your FPS whenever there is mass PK. I have a i7 3770k overclocked to 4.4Ghz, and can get around 20 to 120 fps depending on surroundings and amount of players, drops down to like 2-10fps with proper mass if I don't turn down models. The only major FPS boost you can get is changing Models and distance.

FYI any old AMDs CPUs (also known as APUs) are more or less useless nowadays (apart from the new line of ryzen), on the other hand an older intel quad core CPU can preform nearly as good as the new ones if overclocked. my OC'd 3770k preforms as well as a 6700k.
My boy always right thx case closed 

Offline ❤αнzυ❤

• Just some nubcake
My specs are AMD 4170k running on an RX 550 and average i get 80 frames and up to 120+ frames in some area's.The games not optimized for more than 1 core but you should be running it better than my pc.....I personally don't like the 8320 for gaming tho :P
Yeah thats what I thought too  :-[ idk how to really go about fixing it other then turning everything relaly ***ing low and I feel like I don't need to do that

Offline ᴠɪᴄ

• ✝️
Can read between the lines that you are gay