Epic Perfect World

Rank 8 Third Cast

Offline Dog

• Dead
  • Characters: Dog
  • Faction: Nostalgia
With the new classes came rank 8 third cast as well as the cave to farm the mats, which is QSM 105 and mirage X+ and i believe this would be a great way to add more progression to the game seeing how dragon and rank 8 second cast have the same base hp and defenses, as well as attack, adding this new, difficult to farm 3rd cast would allow those who play a single toon for years something to aim for, as well as giving a sense of achievement to the gear, as it stand you could take a toon from lvl 1 to 150 and rank 8 recast in just a few days, and with luck get great stats on it, so it kind of takes away the sense of achievement when some new player can come get their gear and go pking the older players with not that much time or effort. now i know everyone is going to bish and moan and crybaby and argue in this thread cause thats all anyone knows how to do these days, but i believe ive made some good points and would love to hear some feedback from some of the more...shall we say level headed players. anyways thanks for reading and considering

-Dog
Even a broken clock gets to be right twice a day.

Offline ᴠɪᴄ

• ✝️
The idea is nice, and certainly seems like a good one, however, there's already too many things new players need in order to be able to PK at the level of most of the people on this server. 
Just making end-game players even MORE op wouldn't help the server very much for those who are still grinding in PV or TT, Making the gear gap even wider. 
Unfortunately, while having new gears is super tempting, it wouldn't help the server much besides giving the dev a slight financial boost for a few weeks just before killing the server entirely a short time afterwards. 
+1 for it being a nice idea but -1 for it to be implemented. 

Offline Rikku

• This sin hates PVP
  • cuz :)
  • Characters: Yuffie
this requires Rank 9 to be active within the files.
:)

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
Similar/exact thing has been suggested many many times and always turned down. Almost always its by new players.
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline clariska

Well for me tbh i would rather let them focus on classes rather than gear at the moment.Servers really unbalanced most of the time pk/duels goes on class not on skills.a good example about skill vs class would be dota(not dota 2 as its crap and valve just failed)There it depended on skill not hero you choose.Now here it;s the other way around and some classes just kinda feel like old 2d button bashing fighting games :x

Offline Dog

• Dead
mostly just want more build variety, all you ever see is the same old full chan class this or aps class that, sure theres some vit barbs here or there, but mostly its SSDD

Offline Dog

• Dead
also is rank 9 needs to be activated, they could do 2 things, make it take a literal century to farm by increasing the mats you need something, and make all the stats on it complete garbage, could probably also set it to requires 9999999 of every stat to wear or something like that

Offline yep

Rank 9 is not required for r8r2 on a private server. Someone has misinformed you.

mostly just want more build variety, all you ever see is the same old full chan class this or aps class that, sure theres some vit barbs here or there, but mostly its SSDD 
But it would end up with same result. People would still aim for extreme gears with maxed channelling, interval and %reduction.
I understand you want to introduce new goals on the server, but making everyone's current gear obsolete is not the answer IMHO.

Offline Dog

• Dead
the stats from 2nd cast transfer to 3rd, so really you would just get 1 extra randomized stat slot, and 3rd cast has higher chances of getting stats on top of there being 4 of them, but i understand that theres so much work thats been put into making rank 8 2nd the end game, that we will never see anything new until the server dies and the dev team has to come up with something new

Offline forum user

• Forum Veteran
remove def stats from r8 armors plis, and make necklace unable to change while on combat, so scripting wont be a advantage anymore, and more ppl will join the server)
Last Edit: Sept 02, 2017, 09:53 am by Warrior

Offline BriEsT

• Don

That's because people are pussies and they prefer to play a safer option like EA, nothing to do with gear or that class being super broken or some shit. In fact, killing an EA isn't so hard with most classes, it's just that EA in mass pk is one of the safest picks to play and get good results (assuming you meant EA since most players in mass pk prefer to play it atm).

Offline RetiredGod

• Retired
  • Retired
  • Characters: Retired
  • Faction: Retired
lol why pwi palyers alowed in this forum

Offline xx

• Moderated
  • King
  • $€÷¥#&
With the new classes came rank 8 third cast as well as the cave to farm the mats, which is QSM 105 and mirage X+ and i believe this would be a great way to add more progression to the game seeing how dragon and rank 8 second cast have the same base hp and defenses, as well as attack, adding this new, difficult to farm 3rd cast would allow those who play a single toon for years something to aim for, as well as giving a sense of achievement to the gear, as it stand you could take a toon from lvl 1 to 150 and rank 8 recast in just a few days, and with luck get great stats on it, so it kind of takes away the sense of achievement when some new player can come get their gear and go pking the older players with not that much time or effort. now i know everyone is going to bish and moan and crybaby and argue in this thread cause thats all anyone knows how to do these days, but i believe ive made some good points and would love to hear some feedback from some of the more...shall we say level headed players. anyways thanks for reading and considering

-Dog
+1 i think this is a good way to give older players something to play for because incase you guys havent noticed 60% of the server is afk most of the time (old players) which is why everyone keeps saying the server is dead
As for new players it really wouldn't make it that hard to get there are already enough nerds from pwi acting like they are the best
and if people are afraid of tryhards getting this gear to quickly there should make it only achievable through farming

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Kia

+1 i think this is a good way to give older players something to play for because incase you guys havent noticed 60% of the server is afk most of the time (old players) which is why everyone keeps saying the server is dead
As for new players it really wouldn't make it that hard to get there are already enough nerds from pwi acting like they are the best
and if people are afraid of tryhards getting this gear to quickly there should make it only achievable through farming

People play this game for PvP, not to spend a decade in caves, trying to get the gear that you want.
EPW is already really PvE heavy compared to most other private servers (especially for new players) and most of us spent more than enough time farming tons of EC to get somewhat close to the best gear possible and with the suggestion that was just made the time and work would all be for nothing.

Introducing new end game gear is probably going to kill this server for good at this point.
Last Edit: Sept 02, 2017, 07:48 pm by Xia