Epic Perfect World

Help Picking a Class.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
To consider stunlock as mark of coward is the same as consider self-heal cowardly too.
It's regular skill given to class and every sane oponent knows that in advance.

~~~~~

Mystic have self-heal skills, plus self-heal summon herbs. Only, while using
Healing or Revival herb you can't use attack or debuff one.

Unlike Cleric's inability to do anything while in BB, Mystic can attack while his/her
Healing herb is active. It lasts 60 sec and then you just cast the herb again.
Revival herb progressively heals more, but lasts 20 sec only.

I know there's more things to say about Mystic, I just can't remember right now. :)

As someone said long time ago: "Mystic is class for thinkers."

Takes some time to learn/develop strategies at the beginning, and after that you simply love it.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
To consider stunlock as mark of coward is the same as consider self-heal cowardly too.
It's regular skill given to class and every sane oponent knows that in advance.

~~~~~

Mystic have self-heal skills, plus self-heal summon herbs. Only, while using
Healing or Revival herb you can't use attack or debuff one.

Unlike Cleric's inability to do anything while in BB, Mystic can attack while his/her
Healing herb is active. It lasts 60 sec and then you just cast the herb again.
Revival herb progressively heals more, but lasts 20 sec only.

I know there's more things to say about Mystic, I just can't remember right now. :)

As someone said long time ago: "Mystic is class for thinkers."

Takes some time to learn/develop strategies at the beginning, and after that you simply love it.

There is a difference between stunlocking and self-healing. You can't lock someone in place and triple spark them to oblivion when you heal yourself.

If you want to turn my opinion on stunlocks into a forum-wide controversy then make a new thread for it, this isn't the thread to debate it.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

dorothyerika

I dont wanna be rude,but,stun-lock is a skill given to the play,just liike healing.If your not gonna use it,why is it there in the first place?Its really stupid to have a debate about this so back to the topic : )/color]

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
I dont wanna be rude,but,stun-lock is a skill given to the play,just liike healing.If your not gonna use it,why is it there in the first place?Its really stupid to have a debate about this so back to the topic : )/color]

Stunlocks aren't a skill themselves, they are stuns chained together to avoid taking any damage, hence why I call them cowardly.

I notice that most people that want to complain about my opinion are people that have a stunlock class themselves. You'll know why they are irritating when you're on the receiving end of a stunlock.

I agree though, its stupid to debate this, especially on an unrelated topic.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

dorothyerika

:rolleyes: Being a psy,I understand.But the stun is given to the player!Anyway,no more about this :)

Offline WorldBosh

@OP

Seeker.

@Feline

That's why you equip your genie with fortify/badge of courage and use the various anti-stun skills most classes have at their disposal.

Antihero

I notice that most people that want to complain about my opinion are people that know how to play the game. You'll know why they are irritating when you're on the receiving end of a stunlock.

I agree though, its stupid to debate this, especially since the point is moot.

Fixed. It's part of something they call "tactics". You either adapt or die, there's really nothing to debate.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
@OP

Seeker.

@Feline

That's why you equip your genie with fortify/badge of courage and use the various anti-stun skills most classes have at their disposal.

Skills only last a few seconds and are pretty much useless against classes that have stun skill after stun skill to use. They are mainly effective against classes with one or two stun skills.

Fixed. It's part of something they call "tactics". You either adapt or die, there's really nothing to debate.

There really isn't much that can be done about stunlocking.

Like I said to someone else, take it to a new thread if you want to debate it. Last time I checked this thread wasn't originally about my take on stunlocks. If people keep going off-topic the thread might get locked.
Last Edit: Mar 09, 2013, 10:03 pm by TheFelineLife

Offline WorldBosh

Skills only last a few seconds and are pretty much useless against classes that have stun skill after stun skill to use. They are mainly effective against classes with one or two stun skills.

The skills last long enough to pull off an important combo OR stun the target back OR activate your anti-stun skill.

Fortify, for instance, is used to break stun locks by activating it around the last second or two of the stun you're currently under. Luckily, stuns can't be stacked in this game.

Badge of Courage is an obvious one. Not to mention purify, arcane defense, and apothecary pots.

Point is, there are enough options available in the game to deal with stuns. It's your fault for not using them.

Edit: http://epicpw.com/suggestions-4/change-to-dungeons/45/

^Current second last post.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
The skills last long enough to pull off an important combo OR stun the target back OR activate your anti-stun skill.

Fortify, for instance, is used to break stun locks by activating it around the last second or two of the stun you're currently under. Luckily, stuns can't be stacked in this game.

Badge of Courage is an obvious one. Not to mention purify, arcane defense, and apothecary pots.

Point is, there are enough options available in the game to deal with stuns. It's your fault for not using them.

Edit: http://epicpw.com/suggestions-4/change-to-dungeons/45/

^Current second last post.

While this is true there are classes that can interrupt channeling and continue stunning you. Besides, if you try to stun them back it might not work, from what I understand only Sins and Demon Venos have a 100% chance to stun someone, Psys might too. The rest of the classes have to rely on luck to break a stunlock combo.

Like I said before, if you want to complain make a new thread and not spam up an irrelevant thread.

dickroman

While this is true there are classes that can interrupt channeling and continue stunning you. Besides, if you try to stun them back it might not work, from what I understand only Sins and Demon Venos have a 100% chance to stun someone, Psys might too. The rest of the classes have to rely on luck to break a stunlock combo.

Like I said before, if you want to complain make a new thread and not spam up an irrelevant thread.

demon roar of the pride is 100%, just saying

Antihero

This is a lame cop-out for having no basis for your argument. Please give up the act.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
This is a lame cop-out for having no basis for your argument. Please give up the act.

I do have a basis for my argument, its that stunlocks are cowardly and almost impossible to stop. That and also debating it on an unrelated post might get it locked.

Go acquire a skill called reading next time you go to South Arch.

Antihero

I do have a basis for my argument, its that stunlocks are cowardly and almost impossible to stop. That and also debating it on an unrelated post might get it locked.

Go acquire a skill called reading next time you go to South Arch.

Then feel free to cease arguing your invalid point. And I know how to read. Get over yourself.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
Then feel free to cease arguing your invalid point. And I know how to read. Get over yourself.

It isn't really an invalid point, notice how mainly stunlockers try to prove me wrong.

Cry some more.