Epic Perfect World

Game computer keeps going off. What's the best current antivirus?

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
I never use anti virus yet i don't have any viruses laptop related issues..imo  just format your pc and don't download anything from untrusted sites

Offline Lill 🌶

• Noel
  • Tyrants
  • Characters: Chill.
If your computer keeps going off (or maybe restarting?) then it might be simply over-heating so you may want to check your CPU / GPU temperatures and the cooling system.
If you are going to scan it... there are many good options, I suggest Malwarebytes and one of these: Avira Free or Kaspersky Trial.
If they don't find anything, then uninstall them and use just Windows Defender like I do.
Know what's crayz, arashi is new event developer, crayyyyyyzzzz

Offline Viversum

• bye
  • Faction: Tyrants
Know what's crayz, arashi is new event developer, crayyyyyyzzzz
THAT'S CRAAAZZZEEZZEZEZEYYYY

Offline Bee

• B
  • ok
very strange very crazy  ??? ??? ???

Offline Teru

• Moderated
  • Toxic
  • Characters: Teru
  • Faction: PWin2k18LUL
My computer keeps going randomly off and at this point i am sought of sure that it is a virus-effect. I had a free version and i tend to think that it must be a pretty weak one. Does anyone of you have a recommendation that has served you well?? Is it Paid? or free of charge?
That's not a virus. Either one of your components is overheating or if you're using a desktop PC then your PSU might be dying. Especially if you bought a prebuilt they tend to put chinese garbage PSUs in there... 
good patch HEHEHEHHEH

Offline viviana

• Characters: Cara
  • Faction: Erudite
Use Norton, it's the best
Well, because Norton seems to have mixed reviews i have decided to go for Bitdefender. I must say that i am still not sure if i will be sticking to just one antivirus. I will be testing 2 after every six months. I have also decided to get the paid version. It comes with way too many advantages than having a free version. Given that i was super confused, i needed a professional guide that would give me more features of the best options out there. I found some stuff on the web that summarised all the features into a table and the features that impressed me the most were from Bitdefender! Furthermore, the free version of Bitdefender doesn't support Windows 10 so i guess i will have to take the paid version anyway  :rolleyes:
Last Edit: Sept 04, 2017, 02:02 pm by viviana
I am almost perfect; when i heavily photoshop my selfies :-D

Offline yep

Really curious how did you conclude that it's a virus which is restarting your PC. Very most of the time it's actually the overheating or the power supply unit doing it. Virus would be highly unlikely, unless you have been using your PC in very careless way.

Also, since a week has passed, have you done your scanning yet? It takes just a moment to download Malwarebytes with Avira and launch the scanning. Avira's results will almost certainly be exactly the same as Norton's. There is really no point paying for anti-viruses these days for casual user if the OS, internet browser, and the anti-virus/firewall built in the OS (or their free alternatives) are providing excellent protection.
Last Edit: Aug 29, 2017, 12:50 pm by Neymar Jr