Epic Perfect World

2009 UI Theme

Offline anghard

• Beginner
Hello all,

Yesterday I've been scrolling around the guides section and got through most of the UI customization parts, so please don't hate me for opening another topic about that. I'm that guy that likes classic playstyle, so I'd love to see the old 2009 UI theme in my UI, but there's a slight problem.

I already contacted Burdette and Nea about it, but unfortunately that was without result. Well, the result was my client crashing at log-in and here's why:

Burdette told me the files that contain the UI of 2009 are compatible with that of the version 1.5.1 interfaces. Currently we are running 1.5.3, so that's problem 1. I was told to get certain files from interfaces\version01 (1.5.1) to the main interfaces folder of 1.5.3, but that made my client crash at log-in!

Is there anyone that has experience with getting the old UI theme integrated in the new one without any bugs, error or crashes?"

Please let me know, you'd be my hero!!

Thanks in advance,

Anghard

Offline Isaak

there's no way to make old interfaces work with new client unless u went file by file and added new buttons, labels, text fields and other ui elements by hand... if you just want it to look like back in the day, try to replace surface files (in the folder when you unpack, not entire pck) that exist in both versions... other than that, there's little stuff you can do unless you want to edit most of the files separately

Offline anghard

• Beginner
It is indeed what I want: just make it look like back in the day. The list of files I needed to swap Burdette gave me is of files from interfaces folder. In the surfaces I can find about everything related to the 2009 UI (both in 1.5.1 and 1.5.3), but I have no clue on how to actually let them do the job :( (I'm pretty new to this stuff)

Offline Rikku

• This sin hates PVP
  • cuz :)
  • Characters: Yuffie
It's impossible now.
:)