Epic Perfect World

Venting about R8

Offline Hephastus

Simple... put in r9rr... make it EC/Farm like in PW and obtainable by all... it's better in stat than r8r and would bring a balance to the game with everyone able to obtain it...plus allow in for EC dump still to not overpopulate EC on the server
:normal-2: :normal-14: :normal-2: by far the most dump suggestion ever seen

How so? The r9rr sets are balanced among all classes and if obtainable by all in a farmable/ EC situation how do you give any valid point to this argument?

Offline Cuddles

• Old Player
  • a basement dweller
  • Characters: Mischa
  • Faction: WeTried
Simple... put in r9rr... make it EC/Farm like in PW and obtainable by all... it's better in stat than r8r and would bring a balance to the game with everyone able to obtain it...plus allow in for EC dump still to not overpopulate EC on the server
:normal-2: :normal-14: :normal-2: by far the most dump suggestion ever seen

How so? The r9rr sets are balanced among all classes and if obtainable by all in a farmable/ EC situation how do you give any valid point to this argument?
It'd be a fine addition if done right.
But people will find shit to cry about anyways lol

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
increasing EC drop rate and amount would greatly help. at least when every1 would get their equipment, there would be fewer angry trolls. people would be able to concentrate on pk, wb kill, getting ULTRA-MEGA-Achievement of a lifetime and other things they like rather than spending their time getting ec from pv, mobs or other sources

Offline kaseimars

• Anything Could Happen
You know, i figured out how to solve the R8 problem. Instead if giving a gear that must be rerolled insance amount of times to most people, why dont you simply give R8 optimal stats and make it non-rerollable?Or make a completely new super set, lets say Overgod set, which would be insaney expensive (or insanely hard to get) and would have best stats for the class, lets say full LA set would give 4.0 aps base or something like that. It must be hard to get for the people to feel pleasure upon receiving it, making it worth their time. That set would be so good and so rare it would take like 200k ec to get it. But it would be 20 times better than R8. or simply give us ether R9 or lower R8 reroll price.

+10000000. This is exactly what my posts are aiming for.
~Demon Mystic~Raien~

Offline Cuddles

• Old Player
  • a basement dweller
increasing EC drop rate and amount would greatly help. at least when every1 would get their equipment, there would be fewer angry trolls. people would be able to concentrate on pk, wb kill, getting ULTRA-MEGA-Achievement of a lifetime and other things they like rather than spending their time getting ec from pv, mobs or other sources
Dude... not everything is a troll
And not everyone wants to ***ing pk.
Are you that retarded?
Go play deva if you want shit on a silver plate.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran

Shit drop rates are higher than EC drop rates.
Proof for that is way too high price of EC in the game.

(Lack of EC makes some people pay these astronomic
prices. Others "suffer silently".)

And I don't need silver plate with it.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Cuddles

• Old Player
  • a basement dweller

Shit drop rates are higher than EC drop rates.
Proof for that is way too high price of EC in the game.

(Lack of EC makes some people pay these astronomic
prices. Others "suffer silently".)

And I don't need silver plate with it.
As always the great geriatrix is right.. so right that it leaves me throughoutly flabberghasted.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
Devastation PW sucks. totally sucks. ive tried it and i can say: IT SUCKS!!!!

Offline Cuddles

• Old Player
  • a basement dweller
Devastation PW sucks. totally sucks. ive tried it and i can say: IT SUCKS!!!!
Then live with the rates and ways things are done here.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I remember when I first joined this server, EC's were about 5 mil a piece.  The absolute lowest you could get was 4 mil-ish.  Now EC has a steady price of 3 mil apiece, and you can even buy for 2 mil-2.5 mil if you're patient.  The price difference is substantial.

Also, I don't think some people understand that gear isn't the end-all.  Let's put two chars together--one in Dragon gear, the other in godly r8r.  Naturally the r8r will win because of the gear difference, yeah?  But let's assume that the one in Dragon gear knows their shit.  Like they know what skills to use when, who doesn't go occult ice-mad (I saw a wizzie with this on their genie and went like O.o what?!), etc.  They just pushed that r8r's shit in like it's nothing.  Because they were skilled with what they have and if they do decide to go r8r, I'd be scared of em simply because they now have the gear AND skill on top of it.

So just think that while Dragon isn't optimal for pking, it's still an alternative.  You just have a bigger learning curve.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
  • Feel free to PM ingame if you need any help
lol Mikau I think you must have been late in joining. EC used to be 1.2 mil per piece. No offense, sorry. Yes, a good dragon pvper can beat a R8R class player of lesser skill has no relevance. Even in PWI, a 'good' R8 could beat an R9, a 'good' wizard can beat a sin, it doesn't say anything about balance issues. Now, if extreme similarly skilled BMs pk, one with dragon and 1 with R8, crazy defense levels, reduce phy and mag dmg taken, and theres an equal chance for either to win, then your point would be proven.
ShinyWB Demon Barbarian WildBunch
NaturalTouch Demon Mystic Ducks
LolCrits Sage Assassin
Fistings Demon Blademaster Rawr
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock. I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a Duck?

Offline Escorian

• Old Player
lol Mikau I think you must have been late in joining. EC used to be 1.2 mil per piece. No offense, sorry. Yes, a good dragon pvper can beat a R8R class player of lesser skill has no relevance. Even in PWI, a 'good' R8 could beat an R9, a 'good' wizard can beat a sin, it doesn't say anything about balance issues. Now, if extreme similarly skilled BMs pk, one with dragon and 1 with R8, crazy defense levels, reduce phy and mag dmg taken, and theres an equal chance for either to win, then your point would be proven.

you will never find 2 people who fight exactly the same so people will always vary based on skill that doesn't make mikau's point any less valid. The fact of the matter is people will get lucky with r8r and some won't increasing ec drop rate is not gonna change that fact.

Ty Chiibi for the great Avatar and Siggy <3

Vote for your favorite smiley.

http://epicpw.com/general-discussion/what-is-your-favorite-smiley/

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.

Don't matter when I joined, it's the fact that when I did (which was in December), EC was higher than what it is now.  It may be higher than what it was AGES ago, but like all growing servers, prices are expected to go up.

Like I said, the alternative is still there for those who don't like to gamble, but if they want to win against someone with decent stat r8r, it's a learning curve that they'll have to deal with.  And that's okay too.

Stay Classy.

MamaVortex

The word growing is what strikes fear into my aching bones....

3mil or So now.....Few months, even a year from now....Oh god O_O

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
The word growing is what strikes fear into my aching bones....

3mil or So now.....Few months, even a year from now....Oh god O_O

But at that point, whatever that price is then will be something that folks managed to adapt to. Or they quit.

Stay Classy.