Epic Perfect World

Venting about R8

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
I was actually going to sleep but sure, lets just say I rage quit~ :tiger-3:

Offline Akuko

ok the fact that you have not bothered to reroll your gear negates u from any valid comments.. u have not felt the frustration of working your ass off to farm enough ec's to reroll repeatedly and continue to get blah stats. I'm not disputing the fact that it is fairly easy to obtain the actual R8.. what I am frustrated with is the odds of getting decent stats..please note that i said decent.. not optimal. I am simply offering suggestions on how possibly it could be improved so that I myself and others don't feel like we are wasting our time and effort busting our ass to reach the full potential of our characters only to be spit at by the R8 gods. Don't preach to me about how reasonable it is when you haven't bothered to do it yourself.

No need to get aggressive. I was only stating I feel it's fair that it' actually takes time to get the absolute best end game gear. R8 is better, but it isn't like people using full dragon gears are useless or anything. I feel your idea of "decent" stats is more like optimal stats. As I said, you posted an opinion, I disagreed, it happens. No need to get angry.

Despite the OP negating my opinion cause i havent made R8 gear, im still going to add my 2 cents to this thread, based on common sense. And im going to agree with you, "decent" is very dependent on personal viewpoint, is it not? in PWi, i had +8 gear, too me that was AMAZING i couldnt have dreamed of +12,m tho god knows i spend a lot of cash and coins trying for +9 weapon never ever got there.. so in perspective decent depends on what you view "decent".

Also going to agree with an earlier post, logically the R8 reforge is a money sink, and from the sounds of it, epw needs one, every mmo needs one to stop the economy bloating out of control, so new players dont take on look at even basic essentials and decide f'k it and leave.

While i feel for the OP, ive been there on a loiase +9 refine that cost me cash, and coins, which come a lot harder than they do here.  I disagree overall, it should not be easy to get "decent" stats on the very best gear available.  It should be something too feel good about achieving.

Offline Absorbed1

Its an end game gear...
why remove the usless stats? to make it even more OP?
people just need to stop QQing about this.
ur not lucky...or ur lucky.

Offline Aujami

• Old Player
whats' the point of having end game gars when everyone can get same stats? it's all about luck and that how it should be. people who does not donate still got a chance to get decent adds with luck. the only useless stats are mp/hp regen. having magic on none magic classes suck yea but what will happen is if they removed all useless stats u cry about more and more ppl will have same adds which will creat another dragon set. and once everyone got same adds as urs u gonna cry u want better gears bc everyone having same thing :-\

trying for perfect adds what makes us play the game don't cry about it when u don't have LUCK or 100k ec  :tiger-26:

Offline Tuga

How it affects economy if ppl get ec more fast? Yes you have more ec so stuff price go up but all get ec more fast so in the end you sepend same time farm too get your stuff just can get r8 more fast. (can you guys go learn basic mathematics before you try look smart)
Reality is if Gms give end game gear too fast they have 2 big problems.
1- they get less donates.
2- ppl get boring more fast and need new way to maintain ppl entertained.
So best for Gms is dont move in R8 yes i admit. But im a player so i say is hard get end game gear to hard for a private serve. Can you guys fix this and try put ppl entertained in pk not farming :P

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
  • Feel free to PM ingame if you need any help
I don't think anyone is worried about the stats they get, the are worried someone is gonna get really OP gear, e.g. sin 5aps with cotd, GoF, mad attack lvls/ def lvls. This is possible and is inevitable once R8R is out long enough, and will only serve to discourage newcomers to the server as it is impossible/ improbable to be able to get it in a few weeks/ months. Now, pro pk factions ask for '150' or 'R8' or 'R8 (insert class here)'. Imagine a time when factions ask for '150 veno with at least 80 attack lvls' or 'barb with 80 def lvls, and at least -20% elemental resist and -15% phy resist'. What can we do then? Definitely not nerf R8R, or make it cheaper, or make a better and more fair endgame gear. That would just cause existing players who spend over a year on getting a 'nearly perfect R8R set' to rq. This will be dilemma if allowed to carry on, and the best solution is to fix earlier as compared to later.
ShinyWB Demon Barbarian WildBunch
NaturalTouch Demon Mystic Ducks
LolCrits Sage Assassin
Fistings Demon Blademaster Rawr
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock. I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a Duck?

Offline kaseimars

• Anything Could Happen
I really do not think r8r is a fair endgame set. Reason being  is the fact that it is based off luck. This just seems all to similar to the official PWI server to me only you do not need cash, you need luck. If one does not have good luck to get a decent or OP r8r set, then you guys say too bad, settle for dragon gear. On official pwi if you do not have cash to buy rank 9, they say settle for rank 8 or nirvana. Obviously dragon gear is becoming totally obsolete, especially as it pertains to pk. In pve of course it's an excellent set to have, but in pk it does not stand much of a chance. 

On a server that is meant to be aimed at balance, this does not create any kind of balance. What it does is allow the extremely lucky people, or the extremely rich to get maximum stats. Just like the extremely rich on PWI could get all the versions of Rank 9. I preferred the dragon set era because I knew all my hardwork would pay off in the fact that I got a balanced gear set made by the devs and I put extreme emphasis on "knew". With R8R set I do not know what I'm getting.. All my hardwork gets sinked on my luck and just like gambling is an option in real life, it should only be an option here. If you're going to let others test their luck to get ahead, don't allow it to be so much to where it makes everyone else feel weak. The fact that the r8r weapon alone can give up to 40 attack levels when the dragon weapon gives none at all should be an eye opener that this gear is not slightly better than dragon, which was the intended purpose..

If the economy really needs an EC sink, I'd think the best way to do it is through ornaments and capes (maybe even the bless boxes I hear in the works of being implemented) Make it extremely pricey. One particular thing I like about this server is the supreme robe: dominance. That cape takes a lot of work to get, and you know what you are getting on that cape in the end of it all.

To conclude, I and many others just want to be secure in knowing that our hard work is paying off. I do not mind working hard to achieve anything..but I do mind working hard to test my luck. If everyone would just take the time to be open minded here and not trolling the post, I'm sure some wonderful ideas can be made to make majority of the player base happy (because you can't please everyone).

Please do not flame me or speak ill about my post. I just gave my opinion in the most clear and concise way I know how. I do not wish to cause any problems, but I do think this should really be addressed.
~Demon Mystic~Raien~

Offline Decency23

This just seems all to similar to the official PWI server to me only you do not need cash, you need luck. If one does not have good luck to get a decent or OP r8r set, then you guys say too bad, settle for dragon gear. On official pwi if you do not have cash to buy rank 9, they say settle for rank 8 or nirvana. Obviously dragon gear is becoming totally obsolete, especially as it pertains to pk. In pve of course it's an excellent set to have, but in pk it does not stand much of a chance. 

You're relating a private server that allows you to reach level cap in a few days and acquire end game gear in a couple weeks at the most to the official PWI server which required you to spend thousands of dollars to remain relevant. Don't even. There is nothing similar between the two servers, and I don't understand your logical leap from EPW's "luck" and PWI's outrageous costs.

Next, dragon gear isn't even close to obsolete. A player with dragon gear has to be more skilled to defeat a player in R8 in a 1v1, however, people with dragon gear can still do lots in mass PK (which is what most of the PvP on this server is). Especially considering most classes aim for attack levels rather than defense levels on R8.

On a server that is meant to be aimed at balance, this does not create any kind of balance. What it does is allow the extremely lucky people, or the extremely rich to get maximum stats. Just like the extremely rich on PWI could get all the versions of Rank 9. I preferred the dragon set era because I knew all my hardwork would pay off in the fact that I got a balanced gear set made by the devs and I put extreme emphasis on "knew". With R8R set I do not know what I'm getting.. All my hardwork gets sinked on my luck and just like gambling is an option in real life, it should only be an option here. If you're going to let others test their luck to get ahead, don't allow it to be so much to where it makes everyone else feel weak. The fact that the r8r weapon alone can give up to 40 attack levels when the dragon weapon gives none at all should be an eye opener that this gear is not slightly better than dragon, which was the intended purpose..

Your opinion is that R8 gear is unfun because you don't know what stats you'll get. You feel it's more fun when everyone has the exact same piece of gear in every slot. Well, I, and I bet many others, would disagree. I find the random stats more fun than everyone using the exact same armour with the exact same stats.

If the economy really needs an EC sink, I'd think the best way to do it is through ornaments and capes (maybe even the bless boxes I hear in the works of being implemented) Make it extremely pricey. One particular thing I like about this server is the supreme robe: dominance. That cape takes a lot of work to get, and you know what you are getting on that cape in the end of it all.

What's the purpose of just changing which gear pieces are "EC sinks"? There is none. It will all end up with the same end result. Also, the Supreme Robe has nothing to do with this, it is in no way an EC sink. It is gained purely from farming.

To conclude, I and many others just want to be secure in knowing that our hard work is paying off. I do not mind working hard to achieve anything..but I do mind working hard to test my luck. If everyone would just take the time to be open minded here and not trolling the post, I'm sure some wonderful ideas can be made to make majority of the player base happy (because you can't please everyone).

Your conclusion seems to suggest we've already all agreed there is a problem. We haven't. How do you know the majority of the player base isn't happy right now?

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
  • Feel free to PM ingame if you need any help
I remember when R8R was never introduced and we could boast about being the most balanced server :/
ShinyWB Demon Barbarian WildBunch
NaturalTouch Demon Mystic Ducks
LolCrits Sage Assassin
Fistings Demon Blademaster Rawr
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock. I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a Duck?

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
You know, i figured out how to solve the R8 problem. Instead if giving a gear that must be rerolled insance amount of times to most people, why dont you simply give R8 optimal stats and make it non-rerollable?Or make a completely new super set, lets say Overgod set, which would be insaney expensive (or insanely hard to get) and would have best stats for the class, lets say full LA set would give 4.0 aps base or something like that. It must be hard to get for the people to feel pleasure upon receiving it, making it worth their time. That set would be so good and so rare it would take like 200k ec to get it. But it would be 20 times better than R8. or simply give us ether R9 or lower R8 reroll price.

Offline Hephastus

Simple... put in r9rr... make it EC/Farm like in PW and obtainable by all... it's better in stat than r8r and would bring a balance to the game with everyone able to obtain it...plus allow in for EC dump still to not overpopulate EC on the server

Offline Cuddles

• Old Player
  • a basement dweller
  • Characters: Mischa
  • Faction: WeTried
You know, i figured out how to solve the R8 problem. Instead if giving a gear that must be rerolled insance amount of times to most people, why dont you simply give R8 optimal stats and make it non-rerollable?Or make a completely new super set, lets say Overgod set, which would be insaney expensive (or insanely hard to get) and would have best stats for the class, lets say full LA set would give 4.0 aps base or something like that. It must be hard to get for the people to feel pleasure upon receiving it, making it worth their time. That set would be so good and so rare it would take like 200k ec to get it. But it would be 20 times better than R8. or simply give us ether R9 or lower R8 reroll price.
Nah, you keep farming and rerolling.
Always just wanting everything buyable on a silver plate.

Offline kaseimars

• Anything Could Happen
This just seems all to similar to the official PWI server to me only you do not need cash, you need luck. If one does not have good luck to get a decent or OP r8r set, then you guys say too bad, settle for dragon gear. On official pwi if you do not have cash to buy rank 9, they say settle for rank 8 or nirvana. Obviously dragon gear is becoming totally obsolete, especially as it pertains to pk. In pve of course it's an excellent set to have, but in pk it does not stand much of a chance. 

You're relating a private server that allows you to reach level cap in a few days and acquire end game gear in a couple weeks at the most to the official PWI server which required you to spend thousands of dollars to remain relevant. Don't even. There is nothing similar between the two servers, and I don't understand your logical leap from EPW's "luck" and PWI's outrageous costs.

Next, dragon gear isn't even close to obsolete. A player with dragon gear has to be more skilled to defeat a player in R8 in a 1v1, however, people with dragon gear can still do lots in mass PK (which is what most of the PvP on this server is). Especially considering most classes aim for attack levels rather than defense levels on R8.

Your opinion is that R8 gear is unfun because you don't know what stats you'll get. You feel it's more fun when everyone has the exact same piece of gear in every slot. Well, I, and I bet many others, would disagree. I find the random stats more fun than everyone using the exact same armour with the exact same stats.

What's the purpose of just changing which gear pieces are "EC sinks"? There is none. It will all end up with the same end result. Also, the Supreme Robe has nothing to do with this, it is in no way an EC sink. It is gained purely from farming.

Your conclusion seems to suggest we've already all agreed there is a problem. We haven't. How do you know the majority of the player base isn't happy right now?

1. Clearly you had to throw in the fact that this is a private server that allows you to level quickly and supposedly gain end game gear within a few weeks to make your statement valid. But it is completely off topic to this thread and to my post. For one, no one has complained about how hard it is to get the gear. Its duh simple. The complaints are about getting decent stats. Btw, my logic is exactly on point because the fact the gear is based on good luck, which many people do not have, it is similar to having to pay on official server which many people cannot afford. Either way it is an impediment.

Also, you're saying that a person has to be more skilled in dragon to beat a r8r player. I did not know that was considered fair on a balance server where we all should get balanced gear. A dragon player has to work its but off to try and kill the r8r opponent, where as the r8r player doesn't have to try as hard. Hmmm I find your logic here baffling now. Also since you claim most people are shooting for attack levels (I being someone who is not), wouldn't it be more logical to just create an attack and defense set? This is pretty much the goal everyone is aiming for right? An attack set or a defense set or even both.. Why do we need a luck variable to give that to the community?

2. Who said anything about everyone having the same stats? Dragon gear does not have the same stats for every class. Example would be the magic weapons. Arcane classes can choose between the glaive, wand, magic sword, and pataka which all hold different stats and it still upheld balance.

3. The purpose in which gear provides the ec sink is because ornaments have set stats. Take for example the cube neck and warsong belt. Those are very expensive pieces to buy and they are hard to farm. It is not like r8r which is based on luck and allows you to be more powerful than everyone else if you are extremely lucky. I don't mind testing my luck when it comes to things like engraving rings, for such small lucky bonuses to my gear. Also my using the supreme robe as a reference is the fact that it is hard to get and has set stats. People know what they are working for. I know it does not provide and ec sink, but it could if devs ever wanted to put a price on it.

4. If there was not a problem, this thread would not have been made and there would not be people replying who are mad.
Last Edit: Mar 01, 2013, 07:15 pm by kaseimars
~Demon Mystic~Raien~

Offline Aujami

• Old Player
Simple... put in r9rr... make it EC/Farm like in PW and obtainable by all... it's better in stat than r8r and would bring a balance to the game with everyone able to obtain it...plus allow in for EC dump still to not overpopulate EC on the server
:normal-2: :normal-14: :normal-2: by far the most dump suggestion ever seen

Offline Cuddles

• Old Player
  • a basement dweller
  • Characters: Mischa
  • Faction: WeTried
crey gib insta150 + gear on startupl pllzzzzzzzzzz