Epic Perfect World

Venting about R8

Offline Jaye

• Characters: Peanut
So I know that I am not alone in this. I have been helping a friend to farm ec's in order to roll his R8 pike. Not exaggerating at all we have put 8000+ ec's into his pike in the last 4 days and he has gotten nothing but ridiculous stats... I personally have put 17,000 ec's into my own R8 sin's daggers and still only have a mediocre set of GOF daggs and yet i know people that have rolled theirs 1 time and gotten amazing stats... So I ask this.. At what point do we ask that the odds of getting good stats be increased just a tad..I'm not asking to get an awesome roll on the first try or even the 5th.. but come one really..you should not have to invest that much.. or heres a thought maybe make is easier to farm ec's.. yes i understand that 2x just ended and trust me we worked the 2x event. What i'm suggesting is possibly increase ec drop rate in the ec's farming areas or more events which the reward is ec's, I understand that our GM's have been very busy working to keep the server up and running, if they need more help I'm sure that there are many people that would be willing to assist in the planning and execution of said events. I personally volunteer and I know that I am not the only one. I have played on several private servers and I have to say that epic is one of the better of the options, our GM's are fairly active and to a point impartial, the gear is fabulous and continues to improve, there are just minor tweaks that could be made that would make this server live up to its name. Okies I'll hop off my soapbox. Does anyone else have any other non offensive relatively untrollish suggestions..

Life is too short to be anything but Happy

Offline Decency23

I think, considering the potential for good R8 gear is almost endless (+25 attk/def levels, x3 int, +20-30% resistance), making it extremely expensive is reasonable. Anyways, no matter how cheap R8 is (unless they made it virtually free), there will always be a significant gap between those who get really lucky and those who don't. Therefore, your suggested solution to your problem really isn't a solution at all.

Offline Sethlea

Only other solution to r8 gear is to give up. Thats what I have done.

Offline Jaye

How bout we attempt to keep this post positive with possible solutions.. not negative ninny comments.. kkthxbai

Offline Decency23

How bout we attempt to keep this post positive with possible solutions.. not negative ninny comments.. kkthxbai

You're begging the question.

You need to explain why a solution is necessary, I, personally, don't feel there's a problem to begin with. R8 is ridiculously good gear, therefore it is ridiculously difficult to acquire (optimal stats anyway). That's fair, in my opinion.

Offline Jaye

So you really believe that 17,000 ec's is reasonable? That is on top of what it cost to actually get the R8.. Let me ask how many times have you had to reroll your gear? 

Offline Decency23

I only have 200k rep on one character. I've never rerolled ranked gear. As someone who enjoys PK very much and has had the joy of being in full dragon gear fighting people with full R8 and a +25 attack level weapon, I still do feel the current price for R8 gear is very reasonable. It's not like you've spent 17k EC trying to get GoF daggers. You've spent 17k EC trying to get pretty much the absolute best daggers you can.

Offline Tuga

So I know that I am not alone in this. I have been helping a friend to farm ec's in order to roll his R8 pike. Not exaggerating at all we have put 8000+ ec's into his pike in the last 4 days and he has gotten nothing but ridiculous stats... I personally have put 17,000 ec's into my own R8 sin's daggers and still only have a mediocre set of GOF daggs and yet i know people that have rolled theirs 1 time and gotten amazing stats... So I ask this.. At what point do we ask that the odds of getting good stats be increased just a tad..I'm not asking to get an awesome roll on the first try or even the 5th.. but come one really..you should not have to invest that much.. or heres a thought maybe make is easier to farm ec's.. yes i understand that 2x just ended and trust me we worked the 2x event. What i'm suggesting is possibly increase ec drop rate in the ec's farming areas or more events which the reward is ec's, I understand that our GM's have been very busy working to keep the server up and running, if they need more help I'm sure that there are many people that would be willing to assist in the planning and execution of said events. I personally volunteer and I know that I am not the only one. I have played on several private servers and I have to say that epic is one of the better of the options, our GM's are fairly active and to a point impartial, the gear is fabulous and continues to improve, there are just minor tweaks that could be made that would make this server live up to its name. Okies I'll hop off my soapbox. Does anyone else have any other non offensive relatively untrollish suggestions..

+1
But yea i give up too try say any. When i try i get insults and arguments like is bad for economy or ec is easy to farm. For me all this arguments are bullshit. But is just me!

Offline Jaye

ok the fact that you have not bothered to reroll your gear negates u from any valid comments.. u have not felt the frustration of working your ass off to farm enough ec's to reroll repeatedly and continue to get blah stats. I'm not disputing the fact that it is fairly easy to obtain the actual R8.. what I am frustrated with is the odds of getting decent stats..please note that i said decent.. not optimal. I am simply offering suggestions on how possibly it could be improved so that I myself and others don't feel like we are wasting our time and effort busting our ass to reach the full potential of our characters only to be spit at by the R8 gods. Don't preach to me about how reasonable it is when you haven't bothered to do it yourself.

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
I'm still getting just r8... I see so many people with full r8 sets but I can't even get r8 q.q when I actually get r8 I want to not waste more time farming EC rather than doing things I enjoy.

Scylla

The only thing I would like to see changed about R8 (if anything at all) is a removal of unnecessary stats on items for classes that they don't belong on. For example, magic on daggers.

Hoooooooooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeeeverrrrr, one thing I would like to remind everyone is that R8 was added as an EC sink. There was an overabundance of EC and R8 helped to remove of those EC. It is still meant to be a EC sink. The implementing of your idea would put those 17,000 EC back into the system. Some people are just more lucky than others, you faster you learn that the better.

And no, this was not meant to be a ninny negative comment, it was meant to answer your suggestion in a way that  I feel backs my solution, which is not having one because there is no problem.

Offline Ancient

• Faction: NexNation
It is the random nature of R8 gear that is at the heart of this problem.  When rank gear first came out Agatio had the solution to make it fair for all of us.  Balanced Rank 9 sets were patched in for a grand total of 20 minutes before the players threw such a childish fit that it was removed.  The only people to blame for this are the players who complained when it first came out without even haven tried the balanced not random gear.

Scylla

It is the random nature of R8 gear that is at the heart of this problem.  When rank gear first came out Agatio had the solution to make it fair for all of us.  Balanced Rank 9 sets were patched in for a grand total of 20 minutes before the players threw such a childish fit that it was removed.  The only people to blame for this are the players who complained when it first came out without even haven tried the balanced not random gear.

Ah yes, because a whole other set of gear would change the outcome of stats on R8 gear. Am I right? R8 recast would have still existed and been used as it was meant to be on par with R9. Agatio said he was keeping R8, intending that it was added along with the R9, not just added because R9 was removed. Tsk tsk. Invalid point as it has no relevance to the thread at all. Hush my child, it shall be okay.
EDIT: Not to mention, how could you know they were balanced if you hadn't tried them either? 20 minutes isn't very long, is it?

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi

Ah yes, because a whole other set of gear would change the outcome of stats on R8 gear. Am I right? R8 recast would have still existed and been used as it was meant to be on par with R9. Agatio said he was keeping R8, intending that it was added along with the R9, not just added because R9 was removed. Tsk tsk. Invalid point as it has no relevance to the thread at all. Hush my child, it shall be okay.
EDIT: Not to mention, how could you know they were balanced if you hadn't tried them either? 20 minutes isn't very long, is it?

Except he isn't a child. He's older than you.

Offline Kalypso

• Beginner

Except he isn't a child. He's older than you.

Ah yes, you. Must you start with me? You are the one acting like a child. Yet I think it's funny you avoid me ingame. Go along with the thread and its point like I have.
In relation to that, I call anyone and everyone child, regardless. If someone gets offended, I apologize.