Epic Perfect World

InstaDelete

Offline Ace

• Stop bothering me.
  • Characters: Ace
  • Faction: Regicide Leader
is really a private server account that important to have a 7 days deletion count down on it?
Ok let me put it this way. Let's say you've played on this server for 6 months, have a few 150 characters and decent R8. You are hacked. Would you be comfortable with an instant delete option then? When someone can pretty much take all your crap and then ON TOP OF THAT delete all your characters within the hour. Now how do you feel about instant deletion now? Your stuff could have been replaced, but your characts? Not so easy.

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
all this debate about hacking..  :normal-19:.

i believe the original reason was, so people don't abuse the system and make new alts, just for the starter items (teles).

Not sure if that's still the case.

anyways... this will also make it easier for the trolls to constantly make new alts to i.e. spam wc, or harass someone, and delete the toon before the GM's are even aware of his crimes... (ofc. there will be a log of it, but that would require Aga. to personally handle the drama. As far as i know only he has access to those logs, am sure he has better things to do).

bleh, there are a few other way to abuse the system if this was allowed. ijs. ..

yes, it would help you alot in this case and others, but this will also help the rotten eggs...

#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Hemo

• IM A PANDA.. A REAL ONE!!!
is really a private server account that important to have a 7 days deletion count down on it?
Ok let me put it this way. Let's say you've played on this server for 6 months, have a few 150 characters and decent R8. You are hacked. Would you be comfortable with an instant delete option then? When someone can pretty much take all your crap and then ON TOP OF THAT delete all your characters within the hour. Now how do you feel about instant deletion now? Your stuff could have been replaced, but your characts? Not so easy.
still.. just a private server ;p but that's just me

Serania
is a beautiful
magical
semi-planet filled with
beautiful creatures
and ruled by wise Pandas!
its a HAPPY HAPPY place

<HemoThePanda> | <Kasier>

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle

forget hacking lol.... no one's got the time to do it, and if they do, think they'd rather hack a GM toon than some random toon on a p.server ... EVEN if they do, do it. U can always get ur toon rolled back am sure, (UNLESS ofc. u gave ur info away)...

edit: ... read my previous post...
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Archeus

• Rachel
  • “Ask nothing, expect nothing, depend on nothing."
lol you'd be surprised how many people still try to scam and hack other people on a private server...i wouldn't like instadelete for a toon I worked so hard on and some shit happens
FuzzyPeanut - 150 Sage Barbarian
Spazz - 150 Demon Barbarian
Archeus - 150 Sage Archer
Mischievous - 150 Demon Blademaster
Switchblade - 145 Sage Seeker

Offline Hemo

• IM A PANDA.. A REAL ONE!!!

forget hacking lol.... no one's got the time to do it, and if they do, think they'd rather hack a GM toon than some random toon on a p.server ... EVEN if they do, do it. U can always get ur toon rolled back am sure, (UNLESS ofc. u gave ur info away)...

edit: ... read my previous post...
I did read your previous post and I understand but its annoying I just made a simple mistake with the class selection and I have to go through all this.. well whatever then lol :P

Serania
is a beautiful
magical
semi-planet filled with
beautiful creatures
and ruled by wise Pandas!
its a HAPPY HAPPY place

<HemoThePanda> | <Kasier>

Offline Cuddles

• Old Player
  • a basement dweller
  • Characters: Mischa
  • Faction: WeTried
Does it really matter whether it's a private server or an official one? This server is just as important to me as the officials were before.
And don't you have a few characters made already? Be patient and work on them while you wait, easy as that. Or do something else. And next time try being more careful in the character creation and you won't have this problem again.