Epic Perfect World

Unable to start game from Client

Offline BrownSugar

Hello,
When I try to start the game from client..it says something and crashes.The only English word in the message is Direct X
I have DirectX 11.
I tried the solution on the forums of reinstalling DirectX from the epic pw folder.It wouldn update coz I already have DirectX 11.
How do I get the game to work?

Offline Skrunch

• Characters: Skrunch
  • Faction: 0fksgiven
did you try starting it from the patcher?
Life asked death "Why does everybody love me so much and hate you?" Death replied "Because you are a beautiful lie and i am the painful truth."

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
3. Game client won't open or crashes upon launch
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package and 2010 Redistributable Package
- Install Microsoft Net Framework 4
- Add the game directory to your antivirus exception list
- Start the game from patcher and click Verify button, then once process finishes, check again.
- Install DirectX 9.0c by running dxwebsetup.exe file located in EPW/element/ directory and check again
- Reinstall your graphic card drivers and check again
- Update your Windows (if your system is outdated it might be missing some libraries required to run the game)
- In the end restart your PC and check again
- If it still fails, redownload / reinstall the client
so if these failed,  no idea..

Offline BrownSugar

3. Game client won't open or crashes upon launch
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package and 2010 Redistributable Package
- Install Microsoft Net Framework 4
- Add the game directory to your antivirus exception list
- Start the game from patcher and click Verify button, then once process finishes, check again.
- Install DirectX 9.0c by running dxwebsetup.exe file located in EPW/element/ directory and check again
- Reinstall your graphic card drivers and check again
- Update your Windows (if your system is outdated it might be missing some libraries required to run the game)
- In the end restart your PC and check again
- If it still fails, redownload / reinstall the client
so if these failed,  no idea..
Tried all of the above and the link by IceNikki..I downloaded the torrent version twice,,,maybe I shud try the direct download..

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
try this one
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
it will be an exe.
run it and it will ask for extraction location.Choose a folder to extract it and the run DXSETUP.exe
That error is because you don't have directx 9

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
This one has solved all my Direct X problems, thought it's not the most optimal choice probably because of 550mb:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6812

Offline BrownSugar

tried the DirectX SDK and the other 1...restarted after each installation...still same error. nothing changed..

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
if you have win 10 type on the search dixdiag and run it(guess not since you would have dx12)
if you have win 7 type that on run bar
When the directx diagnostic tool opens check on the display if all accelerations are enabled
Last Edit: Jan 23, 2017, 06:47 pm by IceNiki

Offline BrownSugar

Attaching screenies on the dxdiag. I had to run dxdiag64 , guess coz im running win7 64bit

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
ok there is your problem since pw is 32 bit and in 32bit dxdiag says acceleration is disabled you get the error
Open the "run"->type regedit->it will open the registry
Right click on the computer->click export->save the file someware(it might take some second it will look like it froze but its not).This backups whole registry
Now navigate to
Code: [Select]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectDrawThere you should see an entry called "EmulationOnly"
Double click it and change value to 0
Close registry editor
reboot pc and try launching pw again

Offline BrownSugar

Yay, guess that was the issue. Works now although I had to redo the value thing after the restart.
Ty everyone who tried to help me resolve this issue.
I suggest you guys add this fix into common fixes section.

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶

Offline UnknownS

• OPPPPPPPPPPPPP
  • Characters: Healios
it is your video driver problem
try to unistall ur video driver and then restart

download this and install it 
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/113442/en-us

and then restart

Offline luvs2spwge

• Beginner
ok there is your problem since pw is 32 bit and in 32bit dxdiag says acceleration is disabled you get the error
Open the "run"->type regedit->it will open the registry
Right click on the computer->click export->save the file someware(it might take some second it will look like it froze but its not).This backups whole registry
Now navigate to
Code: [Select]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectDrawThere you should see an entry called "EmulationOnly"
Double click it and change value to 0
Close registry editor
reboot pc and try launching pw again
Can you please help me with this, I think I am having a similar issue and have been trying multiple days and multiple hours to get this running.