Epic Perfect World

2 of the most outstanding problems with mass PK/TW

Offline Areashi

• Banned
Arcanes have too much def. 1 sin cannot solo an EP no matter what and they're meant to be the ones who harass EPs the most. Reduce def of all these idiot classes to make PK more volatile (will help with TW Russian cheese strat too).

The game atm is too defense based, was even worse till the script nerf but is still a problem.

Vote +1 if you agree.

Proposal: 

Either buff DPH damage or nerf EP pdef.
Last Edit: Jan 11, 2017, 05:26 pm by Arashiwf

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
EP Def is fine imo, is the sin's DPH Dmg lacking vs buffs
A way around it would be boosting the attack buffs from WB/EP thus making them reliable in mass pk to cancel the def camp
It's not my idea, it's noel's and I kind of agree with it
So a boost of Strength of Titans and Spirit's gift
But this would require a slight nerf, once again in EP's dmg and WB's dmg since these 2 classes have no issues in mass pk whatsoever dmg wise ( full def wb can hit up to 10k at really good speed and ep can dish out up to 17-20k in DDs (EAs) with magic skills, not sure about the rest)

Cons of this idea : Would boost EA/MG/Psy dmg aswell
Another thing that has 0 power in mass pk is DD Mystic having too little mag attack that magic skills hit way too low and AS gets destroyed by phy buffs classes have
Not really easy to boost or nerf something without drawbacks
Last Edit: Jan 12, 2017, 02:11 am by Seby

Offline Areashi

• Banned
EP Def is fine imo, is the sin's DPH Dmg lacking vs buffs
A way around it would be boosting the attack buffs from WB/EP thus making them reliable in mass pk to cancel the def camp
It's not my idea, it's Teru's and I kind of agree with it
So a boost of Strength of Titans and Spirit's gift
But this would require a slight nerf, once again in EP's dmg and WB's dmg since these 2 classes have no issues in mass pk whatsoever dmg wise ( full def wb can hit up to 10k at really good speed and ep can dish out up to 17-20k in DDs (EAs) with magic skills, not sure about the rest)

Cons of this idea : Would boost EA/MG/Psy dmg aswell
Another thing that has 0 power in mass pk is DD Mystic having too little mag attack that magic skills hit way too low and AS gets destroyed by phy buffs classes have
Not really easy to boost or nerf something without drawbacks
EP def is definitely not fine. Long ago EPs would die from 2 ppl targetting it if they were unskilled, if they were skilled they'd be able to however hold off 5-6 easily.
If you consider low skilled sins vs low skilled EPs, all the EPs need to do is pop AD/IG/Forti combos and that's it, after that runs out it takes another 5-10 secs to locate that EP.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
You can't change anything in this thread without seriously hurting other classes in the same move.

If EP defense is reduced :

Then almost all DD classes damage output would need to be nerfed due to cleric's easily able to be die.

If Sin attack is increased : 

Sin would be extremely imbalanced as it used to be.

Cleric's are one of the, if not the most important roles in mass PK. With the amount of gears that the average player now has after the "1000 free PE compensation" and the Christmas event, it's no surprise that cleric's are now tankier than before, and DD's hit harder than before.

You cannot compare EPW from 1-2 years ago to EPW currently, because the meta has completely changed. Things have became 10x harder to balance after the new classes came here as well. You can't remove the SB buff, or the DB buff without majorly hindering the classes that they were designed for.

I think that making the SB/DB buffs self-buff only much like Psychic's seal would help a bit with this unkillable EP problem, but any changes other than that would be disaster for a majority of the community. Instead of suggesting edits to major features such as Strength of the Titans/Spirits Gift that would require further nerfs and rebalances, I suggest we tackle the heart of the issue which mostly stems from the SB/DB buffs being extremely OP when on a EP or other support class.

I don't like saying "I told you so", but, I told you so.

If PE was never implemented, issues such as this would have never arisen in the first place. EPW started itself down an extremely dark path for a lot of reasons upon implementation of PE, here is only one of the major drawbacks. Gears are now insane, and you need to get over it and move on because it's too late to fix and the community wanted this to happen out of their own selfish greed they couldn't look beyond.

Last Edit: Jan 11, 2017, 07:30 pm by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline '''

• pekking player
  • !和
  • Faction: yuro
You can't change anything in this thread without seriously hurting other classes in the same move.

Then almost all DD classes damage output would need to be nerfed due to cleric's easily able to be die.

Cleric's are one of the, if not the most important roles in mass PK. With the amount of gears that the average player now has after the "1000 free PE compensation" and the Christmas event, it's no surprise that cleric's are now tankier than before, and DD's hit harder than before.

You cannot compare EPW from 1-2 years ago to EPW currently, because the meta has completely changed. Things have became 10x harder to balance after the new classes came here as well. You can't remove the SB buff, or the DB buff without majorly hindering the classes that they were designed for.

I think that making the SB/DB buffs self-buff only much like Psychic's seal would help a bit with this unkillable EP problem, but any changes other than that would be disaster for a majority of the community. Instead of suggesting edits to major features such as Strength of the Titans/Spirits Gift that would require further nerfs and rebalances, I suggest we tackle the heart of the issue which mostly stems from the SB/DB buffs being extremely OP when on a EP or other support class.

If PE was never implemented, issues such as this would have never arisen in the first place. EPW started itself down an extremely dark path for a lot of reasons upon implementation of PE, here is only one of the major drawbacks. Gears are now insane, and you need to get over it and move on because it's too late to fix and the community wanted this to happen out of their own selfish greed they couldn't look beyond.
+          

Offline Martylka

• see you next time
  • coming back like a boomerang
  • Characters: Martylka, Eulika
LOL this thread
EPs sacrifice they whole damage output and go vit for better defense just becouse they don't want to be killable by ONE. Something for something.

Offline Areashi

• Banned
LOL this thread
EPs sacrifice they whole damage output and go vit for better defense just becouse they don't want to be killable by ONE.
Yes amazing. Main support class sacrifice their damage (which they were never meant to even have) to survive vs parties.
HyperLUL

Keep spouting rhetoric as if you actually know anything about what you're saying. Why do all the pseudo-intellectuals always come and try act like they know all from reading debate starting strategies? All I said was a problem and a possible solution. There's no point in saying "yes but this may have multiple knock on effects such as (x)". No1 mentioned anything about this being the end all solution, this is a possible solution, with many more required. This is a thread to help with iterative improvement, not an end all solution.

Offline Martylka

• see you next time
  • coming back like a boomerang
  • Characters: Martylka, Eulika
Yes amazing. Main support class sacrifice their damage (which they were never meant to even have) to survive vs parties.
HyperLUL
They never ment to have? What are you talking about? Since when ep doesn't have attack skills, not to mention state for beeing DD only?

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
Yes amazing. Main support class sacrifice their damage (which they were never meant to even have) to survive vs parties. HyperLULKeep spouting rhetoric as if you actually know anything about what you're saying. Why do all the pseudo-intellectuals always come and try act like they know all from reading debate starting strategies? All I said was a problem and a possible solution. There's no point in saying "yes but this may have multiple knock on effects such as (x)". No1 mentioned anything about this being the end all solution, this is a possible solution, with many more required. This is a thread to help with iterative improvement, not an end all solution.

I'll say it in easier terms for you since you obviously didn't read.

Your suggestion sucks because it will imbalance assassins, and nerfing EP's is a bad idea because then in return everything else would need to be nerfed in reaction to that. 

I hope that the comic-sans helps you read better, I know it must be hard for someone like you to read large paragraphs of criticism. 

Go bake some tendies.

Offline Areashi

• Banned
They never ment to have? What are you talking about? Since when ep doesn't have attack skills, not to mention state for beeing DD only?
In mass PK? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I'll say it in easier terms for you since you obviously didn't read.

Your suggestion sucks because it will imbalance assassins, and nerfing EP's is a bad idea because then in return everything else would need to be nerfed in reaction to that.

I hope that the comic-sans helps you read better, I know it must be hard for someone like you to read large paragraphs of criticism.

Go bake some tendies.
As I said, same rhetoric, never bringing anything new. Go look up what iterative development is and then we can talk again, once you finish your shift.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
In mass PK? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.As I said, same rhetoric, never bringing anything new. Go look up what iterative development is and then we can talk again, once you finish your shift.

Perhaps you should look it up yourself considering your rhetoric hasn't changed in the past year.

You must be pretty upset that your suggestion is bad and only provides short-term relief for a small % of the community, I'm sorry that I think about the big picture and the entire community instead of your isolated, narrow view.

Continue to rant now, I've already said my piece. ;)

Offline Areashi

• Banned
Perhaps you should look it up yourself considering your rhetoric hasn't changed in the past year.

You must be pretty upset that your suggestion is bad and only provides short-term relief for a small % of the community, I'm sorry that I think about the big picture and the entire community instead of your isolated, narrow view.

Continue to rant now, I've already said my piece. ;)
My narrow view has always been correct though, 1 way or another. Remember def gear becoming a problem in 2015? I called that out back in 2013. Remember scripts becoming OP? Whole population decided to use scripts but me and in the end I got it over and done with in 1 thread:
http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=36002.0
''It only provides short term relief for a small percentage of the community'' Small continuous improvements help nonetheless. You seem to think balancing is just 1 perfect thing but no, meta changes in PW...especially EPW are stagnant af. You cannot compare the meta in this game to metas in others as you did in your other wall of text.
I never said this was the end all solution. These were just some stuff which I noticed, if you wanna talk about balancing OTHER things due to the knock on effects talk to devs.

Offline Supreme Leader

• e a s y c l a p
  • I serve the Soviet Union
  • Characters: Alex
The problem with the servers mass pk is that its 80 vs 150   :normal-9: :normal-9:

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• #1 Vit Build Metal Mage
  • Noop since 2012.
  • Characters: 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀
EP is fine. If you can't drop an EP with 10 people all AAing, AA better and combo your CC. 

When you get rid of your best Cata EP
Artifex lost 80 vs 30 in ten minutes

Offline Kasai

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbander of Adversary
  • Faction: Crow/Storm Leader
Buff ct ea lmfao