Epic Perfect World

EPW & Mac OS El Capitan?

Offline mannyesss

Hello all! I recently decided to come back to EPW but since then, I have purchased a Mac but have no clue how to run EPW on it? Any suggestions or guides? Not sure if there is already one out there for El Capitan, I couldn't find one when I searched. 

Let me know! :) 

Offline Aloha

• Old Player
1st : Download Parallels Destop ( easy to set up ) (link below, cracked , just dont update the program and u can use it forever):
scroll down to see more links . if u need leech for rapidgator link, go to http://www.exrapidleech.info
2nd : Download windows : depend on what u like , im using windows 8.1 right now(link below windows already activated):
3rd : Install Parallels Destop , after u done run it and choose the ios file windows u just downloaded and let's it sets up
4th: when done with the set up , go to windows update and update it .
Last step : just download epw client and run patcher .
if u dont trust my link u can google ur own :)
Last Edit: Dec 31, 2016, 04:18 am by Holiday

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
1st : Download Parallels Destop ( easy to set up ) (link below, cracked , just dont update the program and u can use it forever):
scroll down to see more links . if u need leech for rapidgator link, go to http://www.exrapidleech.info
2nd : Download windows : depend on what u like , im using windows 8.1 right now(link below windows already activated):
3rd : Install Parallels Destop , after u done run it and choose the ios file windows u just downloaded and let's it sets up
4th: when done with the set up , go to windows update and update it .
Last step : just download epw client and run patcher .
if u dont trust my link u can google ur own :)
From personal experience with using mac, it isn't beneficial to have parallel running on a mac OS mainly cause mac isn't built like windows computers. They heat up and shit just for running the OS, bootcamping would be a better alternative that parallels even then your mac would be heating up, not to the point where the shit melts and crap. This is just from personal experience cause i've done mass with it around 20-30 times.

Offline Aloha

• Old Player
From personal experience with using mac, it isn't beneficial to have parallel running on a mac OS mainly cause mac isn't built like windows computers. They heat up and shit just for running the OS, bootcamping would be a better alternative that parallels even then your mac would be heating up, not to the point where the shit melts and crap. This is just from personal experience cause i've done mass with it around 20-30 times.
well , i tried bootcamp and parallel but both had the same fps and yes, bootcamp reduced the heat a little bit compare to parallel, but it still heated up during mass pk or running multiple clients for ares , so i chose parallel because it's easy for me to share work stuff between mac and windows. It also depends on your mac model and system. But for gamer , windows pc is still the best.

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Hello all! I recently decided to come back to EPW but since then, I have purchased a Mac but have no clue how to run EPW on it? Any suggestions or guides? Not sure if there is already one out there for El Capitan, I couldn't find one when I searched.

Let me know! :)
You can, without virtualization, pretty easy.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Harvard

• Old Player
  • Faction: Prominent
Due to new updates and such, from both Epic and the actual Wine database, you may have to do the following steps:
(Now, this may have fixed it for me, but it may not for others. For that, I apologize in advance)

1) Install ie7. dll from the wineskin that contains Epic Perfect World. (Mentalista has showed you how to do this, same way you install vcrun - just search ie7 and you'll find it under the dll section).

2) If you cannot install ie7. dll (my wineskin engine, the newest one, doesn't allow me to because the installer refuses to work - research has shown me that Wine has not completely updated their databases), go on Google, and look up internet explorer 7 and download it directly from Microsoft.

This will be an exe. file, which Macs cannot open directly. Using a new wineskin or the same Epic Perfect World one, open the installer and save the folder on your desktop (if you can, save it directly on drive_c/Program Files/, but if not follow what I'm saying).

Once the installer is done, open the wineskin of Epic via show package Contents, and drag the internet explorer folder into drive_c/Program Files.

Without ie7. dll, my client has missing icons, black faces, and overall laggy graphics. I really don't know how ie7. dll fixed all that, but it did (atleast for me anyways). 

Test the application, verify it, and see if that helps.

Last Edit: Jan 10, 2017, 02:52 am by Rafael