Epic Perfect World

Post your pets!

This is a horror story more than anything else and I'm only telling it now because the worst of it has finally passed. On the 6th of this month, my dog came down with a case of Bloat. In case you don't know what that is, here is the jist of it:

It's now almost a month later and Sierra, after one of the hardest times of both our lives, has finally started to bounce back. He's had a lot of muscle and weight loss and he's a bit anemic, but for the most part, he's back to his old self. The last few weeks were trying and so touch and go that we asked ourselves if it wouldn't be better to put him down if he was suffering. Finally, out of desperation, we took him off all his medication (he's a lightweight when it comes to meds, despite his size) and within the next few days, he seemed to make a full recovery. He's running and jumping (even though he's not supposed to be) and has the frisk of a dog 7 years younger. We're still trying to get him back up to optimal weight and taking him on short walks to gain back some muscle, but he's doing well.

AND FINALLY, here are some pics of him.

The last two pics are from yesterday. He tried going outside in the rain, so I had to dry him off.

P.S. Some people call him "Zom-dog" because he looks like he's been through the mill. He's had his share of health problems over the last 13 years (allergies mostly, that he takes meds for) and at one point a persistent ear-infection in the skin of his ear that led to the amputation of half of it. But still, all these qualities make him our Moose. Wouldn't change him for the world.
I'm such a baby, I am bawling after reading this.  :( Watching out pets fall ill and having to deal with all of the what-ifs, the worries, the decisions, is so hard. I hope things continue to go up for him. 

Kitten | Darling | Charming | Baby | Fragile | Princess | Crybaby | Vixen | Sassy

art hoarde
Adding another girl to our little cavy herd - Lora is currently at a rescue after being surrendered, however, she is pregnant and won't be available until after the pups are weaned, roughly mid-May. After that, she'll be coming to live with us.  :-[ They also have a slightly older silver female and here I am wishing I could just have a huge house full of guinea pigs. I might have a hoarding problem soon. :-\

I think we might keep her current name - so far we have Chloe, Olivia "Livvy", and Mavis, and I think Lora kind of fits.  :( Open to suggestions, though.
Kitten | Darling | Charming | Baby | Fragile | Princess | Crybaby | Vixen | Sassy

art hoarde
Message removed~
Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 02:16 pm by 𝑀𝒾𝓈𝓈 𝐵.

Offline Emri

• Beginner
  • Characters: Emry, Emri, Emz
cat: Moon
Dogs: Cocoa and Hannah
^-^
Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 01:30 am by Emri

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
I watched Zootopia recently........ One thing lead to another and my cat is now a tiger.

Offline Gemini

• Retired Staff Member
  • ⚜ Bookworm ⚜
  • #Courtney♥♥Ansh♥*~#413x7p3kp3k~* ☀ Flowered✿
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Got a puppy 5 days ago. She's not letting me sleep but these eyes are totally worth it :D

Offline ❀🌹 Nia 🌹❀

• ❤ мιℓαη'ѕ ❤
  • ι ℓσνє αя¢ну
  • Characters: ηια
  • Faction: туяαηтѕ gσ∂∂єѕѕ єρ
Got a puppy 5 days ago. She's not letting me sleep but these eyes are totally worth it :D
rip its so cutie I need to steal
★ ☆ мιℓαη ιѕ му єνєяутнιηg ☆ ★[/color][/center]
✿ тнαηк уσυ ѕιѕ ƒσя тнє ℓσνєℓу αят ✿ 
❤ ♥ αя¢ну'ѕ ♥ ❤
❂ ρ.ѕ. - αя¢ну αкα ραρι ωαѕ нєяє ❂

Offline Moon

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moon, Naive
owww oh my god >.< she's so cute :-[
When you play the games of thrones, you win or die. There is no middle ground.

Offline ɱ૯૯Ƿ ♡

• ✿•wнιтe voodoo нυɢɢer•✿
  • Retired⚜
  • Characters: The Fabulous Meep ღ
OMG she soo cute!
she look like my dog midnight wen he was a puppy!!!

Offline Svetocha

• ksiezniczka
When he was still a tiny little thing :-[

Offline ɱ૯૯Ƿ ♡

• ✿•wнιтe voodoo нυɢɢer•✿
  • Retired⚜
  • Characters: The Fabulous Meep ღ
When he was still a tiny little thing :-[
OMG SOOOO CUTE! German Shepards are beautiful dogs
When he was still a tiny little thing :-[
Aw, cutie. ♥

Our oldest guinea pig, Mavis, just delivered three stillborn pups. Guinea pig gestation is 67-70 days depending on the size of the litter, and we brought her home from the rescue 64 days ago. It wasn't until about a week ago that I thought she might be pregnant, but I have felt for movement every day and found absolutely nothing. I started doubting myself and believing she was just chubby again, until I went to pick her up today for our usual cuddle time and she was bloody.  :( I feel really horrible, even though I know there was nothing else I could have done at that point. Their babies are supposed to be very active and easy to feel in the womb, as well as being able to hear them, and there were none of those signs.
She's fine now. I tried to dry off the pups and resuscitate them just in case, but no luck.. Got her cleaned up and cleaned the cage again, and now she seems normal again.  :-[

(This was from about an hour before when they were having afternoon veggie snacks.)

art hoarde

Offline Aloha

• Old Player
piggy spam.

Mavis seems to be doing fine after the stillbirth. I haven't had an update email about the girl we were supposed to pick up next month, so I'm hoping they haven't changed their mind or nothing has gone wrong with her pregnancy.  :(

Tonight we cuddled on couch for a while and then did a little video before bed aw.
idk how to put the freaking video up without uploading it to youtube tbh so here it is on fb idc. [x]

art hoarde

Offline Eden

• I'm a Ghost <3
  • Characters: Expressed
  • Faction: ArtofWar
Chloe - Maltese/Yorkie (Morkie) - 6 weeks old - Trouble maker to the max <3