Epic Perfect World

How is the PvP?

Offline Pudding Sundae

• Characters: Witch, Cupie
Hey guys. :) I'm new to EPW, having spent time on PWI and PWV, I quit PWI because, well, it's just not worth anyone's time and PWE doesn't deserve anyone's money. I left PWV because it just got pretty boring and 1v1 overworld PvP kinda died. Anyway, I was just curious as to how the endgame PvP is here? On vendetta, if the fights didn't include either an assassin or archer, the fight could go on to last well over 10 minutes, at least in my experience. I understand that on this server there are no shards for attack and defense levels, most of the gear is custom, and it has a few tweaks to the classes themselves for balance, which is what really attracted me to give this game a try after having quit anything PW related over half a year ago.

tl;dr: How are 1v1 or small scale fights here? Do they tend to last 15+ minutes or higher on average?

It's a big deal to me because I'm not really a fan of large-scale PvP or TW and what not, and the longer fights really start to get boring, especially when the thing keeping us both alive for so long(charms) is entirely passive and can't be disabled. If it's the same in that aspect I'll probably just stick primarily to MOBAs, I'd rather not invest my time and experience disappointment...

Thx in advance guys. :D

Edit: Also, how long can I expect it to take in order to reach endgame on 1 char?
Last Edit: Jan 30, 2013, 08:19 pm by Pudding Sundae

Offline Morath

Hi Pudding Sundae and welcome to Epic PW,

To answer your first question 1v1s can vary depending on the endgame gear of the players and experience. I've seen 1 v 1s end in seconds and others stretch over ten minutes. It's unlikely 1v1s at endgame will last over 10 minutes unless you're doing something wrong or your opponent has lots of defense levels above your attack levels then it can become long.

To answer your second question it depends, on here you level mainly doing PV. Starting from 110 to 140 is quick and can take under 10 hours. Once you hit 135 the PV changes to the hardest one and it becomes slightly longer, but getting from 130 to 149 takes probably 10+ hours. 149 to 150 is pretty long and can take days, however if you've got cash to slash it can take seconds using super leveling scrolls.

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
mang to lazy to read all what u wrote
but pvp her really cool blanced

main problem u to much pve to get ur end game gears  it take like  1 month to get end game gears  :police:

Tali

In terms of pk, I can only say one thing about this server:

You will not find yourself being 1shot by any class once you're endgame, unlike PWI where a huge gear gap = instadeath. EPW is pretty balanced in regards to pk.

Not to say that someone CAN'T oneshot you, but damn, that'd be a lucky crit for sure.  ^-^

Offline Uriel

• Worms.
  • Worms.
They can 1 shot you, barb perdi can be 1 shot, zerk crit sin hit hurts arcane class pretty much, wiz genie ugly skill can 1 hit aswell, i guess psy can 1 hit aswell but maybe not from 1 skill and seeker can 1 hit too.

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
     Pk on this server isn't the best imo but it isn't too bad. However, you might have to adjust to the squad dependence of the pk on this server.  Squad vs squad, you're going to really want a cleric.  In a full buffed squad vs full buffed squad fight, you'll either need to communicate very well or have classes such as a sage veno or high aps archer to purge targets.

On servers such as rotfa, I felt confident taking multiple people with no help.  However, that just doesn't really fly here as easily as it does on other servers. 1v1's aren't too bad here.  Some classes simply can't kill others when they're both played properly.  For example, My r8 psychic cannot kill a properly played mystic with matched gear 1v1.  It simply doesn't happen unless the mystic falls asleep in the middle of the fight.

Overall what I'm getting at is that the pk isn't the best if you're not into the whole teamwork thing but it's not too bad.  It just takes getting used to. Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay.
I'm basically 40

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
Welcome to the server..

well there's no point of me repeating what everyone else said above me, soo

i'll just say this...

Try to get into the "EPW_Team" faction... best faction in terms of PvP  :normal-42:
Last Edit: Jan 30, 2013, 10:40 pm by SHINIGAMI
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Neith

• Retired Staff Member
  • Goddess of War
Welcome to the server..

well there's no point of me repeating what everyone else said above me, soo

i'll just say this...

Try to get into the "EPW_Team" faction... best faction in terms of PvP  :normal-42:

Yeah, EPW_Team is best :D
With great power, comes great responsibility

Got questions? Screenshots? Always can write me a letter or PM on skype:
Email: [email protected]     Skype: amarthxx
★★GUIDES ★★★ RULES ★★

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
1 hit AOE FTW! :D
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline _Baby_

• Fail Cleric
  • working on stuff
  • Characters: Gilda, Atla, DangerDoll, etc., etc.
  • Faction: TideTrash
Im mostly killing my Brother xD but it still rocks :D

Robbert

Hey guys. :) I'm new to EPW, having spent time on PWI and PWV, I quit PWI because, well, it's just not worth anyone's time and PWE doesn't deserve anyone's money. I left PWV because it just got pretty boring and 1v1 overworld PvP kinda died. Anyway, I was just curious as to how the endgame PvP is here? On vendetta, if the fights didn't include either an assassin or archer, the fight could go on to last well over 10 minutes, at least in my experience. I understand that on this server there are no shards for attack and defense levels, most of the gear is custom, and it has a few tweaks to the classes themselves for balance, which is what really attracted me to give this game a try after having quit anything PW related over half a year ago.

tl;dr: How are 1v1 or small scale fights here? Do they tend to last 15+ minutes or higher on average?

It's a big deal to me because I'm not really a fan of large-scale PvP or TW and what not, and the longer fights really start to get boring, especially when the thing keeping us both alive for so long(charms) is entirely passive and can't be disabled. If it's the same in that aspect I'll probably just stick primarily to MOBAs, I'd rather not invest my time and experience disappointment...

Thx in advance guys. :D

Edit: Also, how long can I expect it to take in order to reach endgame on 1 char?
PvP in here = dull and boring.

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Vengeous ~

• Old Player
  • Its been a long time coming
Whats a 1v1? Thats an odd thing. Here its called fac v 1. Meaning you win against someone, or pk someone, they bring their whole faction to even up the grounds. GG right?

Offline BlueRose

• Anime, Whatelse?
Whats a 1v1? Thats an odd thing. Here its called fac v 1. Meaning you win against someone, or pk someone, they bring their whole faction to even up the grounds. GG right?

+1

Offline Vengeous ~

• Old Player
  • Its been a long time coming
However, you might have to adjust to the squad dependence of the pk on this server.  Squad vs squad, you're going to really want a cleric

Unless you're a psy. Then you just walk out there with your OP mag genie and sit and listen to beithovens (mind the spelling) 5th while the fails try their squad combos. Its always odd how BMs try to HF psys. Dude... Psychic Will or bubble of life (sage) ty for waisting chi