Epic Perfect World

Warsong, GV, skill books questions of a Nub

Offline Genevieve

• People dissapoint, even I dissapoint myself.
٩(●.•)۶ Pretty new to the server and the past 2 years of game updates, and looking for some answers. I have little time in my hands plus many other hobbies to attend too which makes it hard to join/start/wait for a team of the given instances. Basically my questions are based on solo runs, or with the company of my boyfriend which has same experience as me (none on the matter).

Specifically looking for answers from people who also solo this runs (with more than 3 accounts) or have knowledge about it and are willing to share and give advice/recommendations on the subject. I have searched plenty but nothing seems to answer my doubts. If anyone has questions on the matter, be my guest.

1. I've heard GV in EPW is different from PWI, that you don't need to do all the extras and just go for the kills. Is this true and what is different?

2. Where would you recommend we start and place ourselves at GV? (Start near NPC, middle, almost the end)

3. What classes do you recommend and genie skills, and if you don't mind in which scenarios? (both Warsong and GV)

4. Would you say it is necessary for one to be 140+ with updated gear to be able to survive GV till the end? Even if we are good with our classes? Like say, can't it be level 135+ characters?

5. What waves are hardest and what do you recommend?

6. How much time do we/I have to finish the elemental pavilions, is it enough time? (I want to be able to do the last boss) Any recommendations?

7. Is Water Mastery (wizard skill), really obtainable via Mysterious Pages? (tried way too many times)

8. There's another option to obtain skill books from the forges, some pages I don't see added on the guides. This pages have elemental or skill names (ex: Water Mastery Pages, Polearm Mastery Pages). Are they implemented in the game? If so, how to get them?

(っ◕‿◕)っ❤ Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Any help no matter how little it might seem will be very appreciated!

✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ C.R.M. tysm for your patience, company, and years beside me. I wouldn't be still playing if it wasn't for you! xoxo

Perception is key to everything.
My heart is taken. Move along to your next victim.
Every storm runs out of rain, just like every dark night turns into day. Every heartache will fade away.
I live for the mysterious, the strange, the shy, the adventure, the rare, the misunderstood, the unknown, the forgotten,  vintage, art, for the soul...

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
1. I've never done pwi GV but on this GV you just need to enter run to the spot where the mobs spawn and do the 8 waves o: you get mtp and old epic coins from it, each coin is 5EC.

2. Like I said above, just run to the spawn place, on your first time just follow your squad members. The waves will start when you are all ready and the leader takes the quest.

3. Seeker, Cleric, Sin, Archer... I'd say those are the best to have but deffinetly a seeker and cleric. In GV you just need to get anti-stuns/stun purifier... Can't remember the skill names sorry D: and for warsong there isn't really anything in specific you need.

4. Hm, I'd say squads mostly get 140+ then 145+ mainly for the exp but I guess it's best to get good DDers in there so it will go fast as runs last about 1 and a half hours. Gets boring. The lowest character I've done it with is 137, my mystic but it was only for the first 4 waves but I'm pretty sure I could've survived all if I was careful.

5. Wave 6+ I believe, I don't really take much notice but some waves stun... If I remember correctly its wave 8... Not sure though but this is when you need genie skills, especially if you're cleric.

6. Elemental pavilions? If its warsong I have only done it a few times so I'm not very knowledgeable for it... Sorry D:

7. I would suspect that it just has a very low % chance of obtaining, but I'm not sure.

8. Try the forges at 1k but other than that the boutique has skill books. I've never played wizard so I haven't looked at any wizard books or anything, so not much help here D:

Sorryits not much, I'm pretty new myself but I hope I can help even a little. Also I suggest useing training ecosteria in there to get maximum exp from it~

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
1. I've heard GV in EPW is different from PWI, that you don't need to do all the extras and just go for the kills. Is this true and what is different?

2. Where would you recommend we start and place ourselves at GV? (Start near NPC, middle, almost the end)

3. What classes do you recommend and genie skills, and if you don't mind in which scenarios? (both Warsong and GV)

4. Would you say it is necessary for one to be 140+ with updated gear to be able to survive GV till the end? Even if we are good with our classes? Like say, can't it be level 135+ characters?

5. What waves are hardest and what do you recommend?

6. How much time do we/I have to finish the elemental pavilions, is it enough time? (I want to be able to do the last boss) Any recommendations?

7. Is Water Mastery (wizard skill), really obtainable via Mysterious Pages? (tried way too many times)

8. There's another option to obtain skill books from the forges, some pages I don't see added on the guides. This pages have elemental or skill names (ex: Water Mastery Pages, Polearm Mastery Pages). Are they implemented in the game? If so, how to get them?

1)  Digging for beans is so 2009.  3-hour delta (GV) runs are a thing of the past.  Now you have spawn point delta, which is an hour and a half tops.  The only downside is the lack of auras that you had, and archers don't have a god's eye to set up on.  The mobs are level 200, the bosses are 175.

2) Spawn point is LITERALLY where the mobs spawn when you start.  So be prepared to set up aoe's/stun/kill shit in general. 

3) In GV, if you're an aoer or cleric, expel, absolute domain, and cloud eruption are highly recommended.  For everyone else, I really can't answer as I refuse to run gv on anything but an aoer, lmao.  In warsong,  Things should be dead before it gets really bad, but in case you get stuck with a super fail squad (it happens), absolute domain will save your ass.  You need aoer's , so wizzie, archer (they will need to be in pk mode), and seekers, a cleric obviously, and eh a sin is okay if you have a seeker in squad and they help pick off certain ranged mobs, but I wouldn't say it's a must; I've run it with a BM in sins' place.

4)It helps.  I have run GV with a level 135 sin before.  They didn't die or anything, but a squad full of 135's will probably not last long in a spawn point GV.  Aim for 140+ on all your chars and at the very least get them primal if you can't afford demonic.

5) 3 and 9 are the bitch waves.  They stun/freeze/*** you up if you don't have anti-stuns.  Vacuity powders help a lot.

6) I'm going to be honest, unless you have 6 computers and not 6 client on one computer, you will not be able to defend all pavs to spawn the last boss.  The defending lasts 15 minutes and every lane will have mobs attempting to attack the chick you gotta defend.  If she dies, that lane fails and you can't spawn the last boss.  So it's safe to say that as much as you don't want to play nice with others, you probably will have to for warsong.

7)Water mastery is also in old book pages, but yeah, it's in mysterious pages.  I got it from those.

8) Those are not implemented into the game.  Hasn't been...ever.

There you go.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Caeley

• Retired Staff Member
  • Ignorance is no excuse
Most have been said already and I do agree to most points except this one ...

6) I'm going to be honest, unless you have 6 computers and not 6 client on one computer, you will not be able to defend all pavs to spawn the last boss.  The defending lasts 15 minutes and every lane will have mobs attempting to attack the chick you gotta defend.  If she dies, that lane fails and you can't spawn the last boss.  So it's safe to say that as much as you don't want to play nice with others, you probably will have to for warsong.

It is actually pretty easy to multiclient that if your PC can handle multiple Client. The trick is to set up Zhens. I recommend Seeker and Wizard. 2 or 3 Pavillions you will have do defend manually, but thats not a problem though. Just place the chars far away from the Incarnations, so the mobs only agro you.
I also recommend to be LVL 140+ for that

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Most have been said already and I do agree to most points except this one ...

It is actually pretty easy to multiclient that if your PC can handle multiple Client. The trick is to set up Zhens. I recommend Seeker and Wizard. 2 or 3 Pavillions you will have do defend manually, but thats not a problem though. Just place the chars far away from the Incarnations, so the mobs only agro you.
I also recommend to be LVL 140+ for that

Yea, If you have a decent pc it's fairly easy to run 5-6 clients. Just keep graphics etc down and dont tab around too much. I can afk defend all warsong pavillions while doing other stuff on my main. It doesn't even take just seekers/wizards. Just have to be clever in the skills, genie & positioning for each lane. Especially for the ranged lanes static aoe won't work very well. I'd recommend making the alts to do it at least 145 and make sure they have nirvana armor. That way theres not as much risk of dieing from a small mistake.   Pic of the classes I use below.

Last Edit: Jan 28, 2013, 11:35 pm by Feone

Offline AOH

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aids
  • Faction: Ŧα†αlι†y
I recommend getting a seeker to 150 with dragon gear before soloing GV. other then that a cleric archer and demon barb(to give chi to the people in constant aoe's) has been my best gv squad setup. i can only run 4 clients before they start crashing on my pc so i have never soloed warsong. I would imagine 5 sage seekers (sage vortex gives 2 more meters damage range)with cleric buffs would be rather ideal though. i will show you my setup for postitioning the toons for gv if you contact me in game.

Offline Genevieve

• People dissapoint, even I dissapoint myself.
Tyvm Keraa, Mikau, Kaeley, Feone, AOH! Some of the things you guys mentioned I didn't know about. I guess I have much work to do then ≧ω≦. Main characters have the level but need the Nirvana set. I guess I will start from there and at least get one to 150.

Again thanks guys~!

Perception is key to everything.
My heart is taken. Move along to your next victim.
Every storm runs out of rain, just like every dark night turns into day. Every heartache will fade away.
I live for the mysterious, the strange, the shy, the adventure, the rare, the misunderstood, the unknown, the forgotten,  vintage, art, for the soul...

Offline Rayo

If you want a faster clear time in warsong i would suggest have a demon assassin and demon BM(demonic eruption + Heavens Flame = Barbecue Boss ;D)they are the best class in pve specially in fighting water monsters(i hate them they spam occult ice).

Death from Above

Tali

)they are the best class in pve specially in fighting water monsters(i hate them they spam occult ice).

The water mobs are everything that is wrong in this world.