Epic Perfect World

How do YOU recruit for your faction?

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
This post was sparked by Psy_Power's thread that was getting derailed by theories of why a level 146 would be in the beginner place.  I had a theory that he was looking for a new member to his faction or recruiting fresh-to-the-server newbies.  Now I don't know, but personally, I have gone to the starter area to welcome newbies to the server and ask if they would like to join a faction.  If they say yes, that's awesome, if they say no, that's okay too.  We also world chat obviously and get some that way too.

So how do you recruit for your faction? Randomly invite? World chat? PKing them and then asking them to join (this only works if the pk'd is a good sport)?

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
World Chat.
Also if you get Land / Territory more players will join.

Maybe by answering / helping new players that ask things around on world chat..
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
  • If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.
  • Characters: Manic
  • Faction: ♏ONSTER
This post was sparked by Psy_Power's thread that was getting derailed by theories of why a level 146 would be in the beginner place.  I had a theory that he was looking for a new member to his faction or recruiting fresh-to-the-server newbies.  Now I don't know, but personally, I have gone to the starter area to welcome newbies to the server and ask if they would like to join a faction.  If they say yes, that's awesome, if they say no, that's okay too.  We also world chat obviously and get some that way too.
It was locked for a reason.
There's many ways to recruit. World Chat your guilds recruitment/ guild site, you can even post in the guild section on the EPW forums. I see people going to starter area's as a way to just annoy people once they get into game infact in my opinion if your past 110 you do not belong there at all. Now maybe if you waited next to bounty hunter in Archo to recruit new player's that's a dif. story.....
Maybe by answering / helping new players that ask things around on world chat..
I seriously do not understand why there are guides if people can not even use them. now if its a help like " i need to dig crystal for culti" or "lf party for GV" etc. i can understand. But not looking at a guide to a game before you join is like driving threw a 4 way intersection you need to look in all directions before you move forward!
Last Edit: Jan 28, 2013, 04:56 am by Hypno Toad
Quote from: Agatio on 8/21/2013 at 03:59:55 pm
I spam dartle on demon spark, bitch please

Offline Hiratana

First of all.. be really careful how often you shout in WC for the guild. If it's too often, it makes you look desperate and it's just annoying. I have personally told myself that I wouldn't join a guild just because I was annoyed of their spam. That could just be a personal issue though lol.

Have a referring contest for your guild. You'll have to be careful how you set the rules, and make sure there are no loopholes, but it can be very rewarding.  You can also host rewards for referring members. Like.. say.. 5 members recruited = 300 EC or something special.

Or, something similar and less competitive. Just tell all of your guild mates to recruit one friend this week. If you have 30 members, it'll grow to 60 if everyone finds one.

Also, it's probably more beneficial on this server with such a high exp rate to recruit around lvl 130. 130 is high enough to know that they want to stay, but low enough to have a bigger target population. 130-150 doesn't take that long. By the time you help them level and gear up, you have their loyalty. That's just my opinion though. Some people would probably disagree.

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
make awesome videos...

:normal-35:
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Hiratana

make awesome videos...

And yes make pretty things. I had a member tell me that he was originally interested because of how the guild website looked. People like shiny things.  :rolleyes:

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
I seriously do not understand why there are guides if people can not even use them. now if its a help like " i need to dig crystal for culti" or "lf party for GV" etc. i can understand. But not looking at a guide to a game before you join is like driving threw a 4 way intersection you need to look in all directions before you move forward!
I agree. However, both in game and in real life people like to just dive into things. LOL :))

I meant helping players with quests and stuff and also even answering questions that they can't find in guides and forums.   
RETIRED BARB

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
make awesome videos...

like your EpicTW video.  :)) :))
RETIRED BARB

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
.....I seriously do not understand why there are guides if people can not even use them. now if its a help like " i need to dig crystal for culti" or "lf party for GV" etc. i can understand. But not looking at a guide to a game before you join is like driving threw a 4 way intersection you need to look in all directions before you move forward!

Not everything is covered in the guides.  One question I get asked a lot is "how to stat ____".  The only classes I don't have that kind of knowledge about is barb and BM (at one point seeker as well, but that's why I asked my husband :P).  Can't ask this question in world chat because you get the trolls confusing the poor person.

And remember, there are different kinds of learners.  Some learn by trial-and-error/hands-on, and others learn by reading guides.  Personally, I'm one of those hands-on people when it comes to games.

Stay Classy.

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
Secret is the faction right?? I have two chars in there, cute guild with nice people :3

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
Secret is the faction right?? I have two chars in there, cute guild with nice people :3

Indeed ^.^ I still feel like shit for killing your mystic after you said not to .-. damn self-defense reflexes.

Stay Classy.

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
  • If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.
  • Characters: Manic
  • Faction: ♏ONSTER
Not everything is covered in the guides.  One question I get asked a lot is "how to stat ____".  The only classes I don't have that kind of knowledge about is barb and BM (at one point seeker as well, but that's why I asked my husband :P).  Can't ask this question in world chat because you get the trolls confusing the poor person.

And remember, there are different kinds of learners.  Some learn by trial-and-error/hands-on, and others learn by reading guides.  Personally, I'm one of those hands-on people when it comes to games.
your kidding right?
http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Main_Page
If u scroll down a tiny bit and click your class it will show you the appropriate stat build types.
To me people are just to lazy to minimize the game and google search/forum search.
Last Edit: Jan 28, 2013, 11:26 am by Hypno Toad
Quote from: Agatio on 8/21/2013 at 03:59:55 pm
I spam dartle on demon spark, bitch please

Offline Jynn

You're missing the "different kind of learners" tidbit there... stop acting all Holier Than Thou... It's unbecoming and makes you look like a dick.

Edit: Not to mention, the builds on that site are rather pointless here. What with the 50 stat tomes, and the 20 stat stones and such. Congratulations, ya tool.

Now, on-topic. I used to use humorous recruitment ads via world chat. I'd also help players with their culti... gv... and throughout that, I'd talk to them, get to know them... let them get to know me, remember their name and send a proper invitation via mailbox. It sounds like a hassle, but it gets results.
Last Edit: Jan 29, 2013, 10:03 am by Tyran

Offline Solomon

• Forum Veteran
your kidding right?
http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Main_Page
If u scroll down a tiny bit and click your class it will show you the appropriate stat build types.
To me people are just to lazy to minimize the game and google search/forum search.

Insanity and Robbert build = "Every level: 2 Strength, 1 Dexterity, 2 Vitality."