Epic Perfect World

VOTING!!!!!!!

Offline tsb872

Hello everybody. This is my first post ever so pls take that into consideration. Ok so here is my issue. I live in a household where more than one person has an account on Epic. And the trouble deals with being able to vote. If I vote the other person can't and vice versa. So it works out that I can only vote every 12 hrs. Also if the last time i voted was around 8-9 pm and i get back online around noon the next day and try to vote most times it says i still have 5-6 hours to wait to be able to vote again. And yes the other person hadn't voted yet either. Anyone else have similar issues like this.

Tali

It happens, if you have a phone that has 3G/4G, you can use your phone to vote separately.

However, keep in mind that the votes are dependent not only on the IP but the account itself; you can't use a phone to vote more than once on the same account.

Offline tsb872

Lol, yes I have a phone capable and yes i have tried voting this way, alas everytime I have tried voting with my phone it never seems to go through ( no cubi) even when I am 99.9% sure I have put in captcha correctly.

Offline Areashi

• Banned
Lol, hax. You need a new IP to vote for each acc. It's kinda bannable tho.

Tali

Lol, yes I have a phone capable and yes i have tried voting this way, alas everytime I have tried voting with my phone it never seems to go through ( no cubi) even when I am 99.9% sure I have put in captcha correctly.

You made sure that it wasn't on wifi, and that you haven't voted previously on that account?
I'm not exactly sure how phones work in regards to accepting cookies, perhaps that could be the problem? (But if you can log in, then it's not that.)

I'd check to make sure the vote went through on a computer just to verify, as it'll tell you if the account has been voted on regardless of what you're using.  :-\

Offline Therras

• Papi.
Gratz on the green name btw. O.O

Tali

Gratz on the green name btw. O.O

Wait...whaa?

Just kidding, thanks.  :monkey-47:

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I have a phone with 3g that I vote with because my husband also plays and well...yeah.

I've had issues like that where it would say that I voted when I didn't.  I found out that logging out and exiting the browser helps in that regard.

I understand why those restrictions were put into place (because you can essentially make infinite accounts and vote on them all if there wasn't that), but I would've loved it if it was 2 accounts per ip address, that way if there is one other person playing in the household, no one gets left out in the cold.  But the phone thing works just as well.

(Although those damn captchas are mean)

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Tali

(Although those damn captchas are mean)

Almost certain that the voting system registers your IP BEFORE you input the captcha.

I haven't input a captcha in forever for voting, it just registers before that. (Though it might not make the actual vote be counted for the top100, not sure).

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
I dunno, I put it in just in case.  And it's for a good cause.

But what I mean is the captchas with the pound sign and shit in it.  Like...what the hell?  I can't input that on my phone (well, I think I can, but it's a pain to even type on the damn thing with how small the keys are).

Stay Classy.

Tali

I dunno, I put it in just in case.  And it's for a good cause.

But what I mean is the captchas with the pound sign and shit in it.  Like...what the hell?  I can't input that on my phone (well, I think I can, but it's a pain to even type on the damn thing with how small the keys are).

Yeah some are weird...actually I remember reading somewhere that, for illegible captchas, you are able to put any word in place of it, and it will be accepted. (Like, #$@^AB is your captcha, writing "apple" in place of that may be accepted instead.   :)))

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
Yeah some are weird...actually I remember reading somewhere that, for illegible captchas, you are able to put any word in place of it, and it will be accepted. (Like, #$@^AB is your captcha, writing "apple" in place of that may be accepted instead.   :)))

Really? Well that's good to know.  I usually just refresh the damn thing.

Stay Classy.