Offline Euikon

• Forum Veteran
It's even more laggy than before...

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I felt claustrophobic killing Ares on that little-ass platform.  On the bottom, as Caffeine said, would've been better.  I can understand why you moved him in the first place, but folks are finding ways around that too (the chains).  You will never be able to combat afkers 100%. 

I had to do this twice on my archer (and he survived without a squad by the way--ticked the hell out of my charm, sure, but I lived) because the first time the lag was so bad I couldn't do anything (it even restarted my comp--which was never an issue in the old place; I was able to have effects on sometimes without my laptop screaming at me). 

I don't bother doing this event on my wiz anymore (which means my count of chars that I do this on is down to 2--my sin doesn't have dragon gear to survive Ares) because while I lived on my archer, my wiz can't unless I have a cleric with me (Ares don't like arcanes very much). 

All in all, I love Ares.  Just don't care for its new location.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline LazyOne

• Old Player
  • never fail to fail
Comments on new Ares please
if these changes was made to fight afkers then you failed - everyone who can afk keep afk till NPC spawn. And basically anyone with 150 gear can afk. So nothing changed.
Btw what wrong with afkers? If someone managed to lvlup 20 chars to 150 he deserve reward once a week. Nothing wrong with that. So old Ares was like reward for playing server and loging at least once a week. New Ares messy today, but now everyone will gear they alts with Dragon gear and still will afk as before...

Offline Abis

• God Slayer LvL 152
  • Not in Game for a million years!
  • Characters: Abis and more
  • Faction: DarkArms 卐
Btw what wrong with afkers? If someone managed to lvlup 20 chars to 150 he deserve reward once a week.
1.3k ec per week   :normal-25:
~I'm Leader~
LVL 152 R8 Psy/Sin/Wiz/Barb/Seeker/Veno/Archer/BM/Mystic 
My Shop | Youtube

Offline Abis

• God Slayer LvL 152
  • Not in Game for a million years!
  • Characters: Abis and more
  • Faction: DarkArms 卐
Comments on new Ares please
more laggy and it hit high on my AA char like 10-20k hit maybe.. maybe bigger place or longer time for the npc since i have many acc and i need to turn all the quest fast.
~I'm Leader~
LVL 152 R8 Psy/Sin/Wiz/Barb/Seeker/Veno/Archer/BM/Mystic 
My Shop | Youtube

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Go in later on in the day when less players will be in there if the lag is more than you have the patience for. I've been in some Ares events where there were only 15 players in the instance at most. And if you PM me, I'd be more than happy to assist when the numbers are small.

Btw what wrong with afkers?

Sigh.

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
Oh it's just great  I love being 1 shot with r8..... >:(

Offline Deno

• Forum Veteran
Go in later on in the day when less players will be in there if the lag is more than you have the patience for. I've been in some Ares events where there were only 15 players in the instance at most. And if you PM me, I'd be more than happy to assist when the numbers are small.

Sigh.

exacly what's wrong with afkers? there's always someone killing the boss, umad if someone afk's? go afk aswell no1 will care.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Honestly,ares is very nice atm,i mean,u can afk if u want,u can use barbs lvl 150(as i do) around..many..but too sad that i can open maximum 2 clients at once,and i have to go 10 times inside the instance,but worths for over 3k ecs/week with the books i get :x

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
  • Characters: I am Legion
  • Faction: GAME=FUN Leader
Loving the revamped Ares event.  Not lagging even at top quality settings for me on my laptop except rare occasions when people spam Tang mire, and I was in at the beginning with lots of people inside.

Didn't go in squads on my toons....EA, 2 EP, Sin, 2 Mystic, Psy, Veno, Seeker, only ones in Rank are my EA and my Veno, all others dragon gear so its great for me, so if you were in a proper squad it would be really great.

I did see lots afk on the chains, in the pit below and many out front in the TT entry area as well...so I guess this will be a continuing problem if seen as such.

The respawn time was perfect, it allowed me collect my reward, exit the event, go to our afk spot, and log in and prepare my next toon for battle :tiger-25: THANKS Agatio and GM for all your hard work it keeps this server fresh and fun for everyone !! :pig-23:
~RUMORS are carried by HATERS, spread by FOOLS, & accepted by IDIOTS~

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
Any reason why we cant log off in the actual boss map anymore?
And can the AOE please be changed so that you can remove it's effect along with everything else?

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
And can the AOE please be changed so that you can remove it's effect along with everything else?
Maybe just remove the boss and put only the Reward NPC for whole day?

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
Maybe just remove the boss and put only the Reward NPC for whole day?

:normal-2:

Offline Chawlie

• Menace to society ♥
  • Just can't help being so evil. ♥

This ^

Is it possible to change the aoe animation of 93814289710394 skulls flying out of the arse of ares?
Or at least make it possible to turn them off by turning off effects, like you can with mire.

I'm not saying to remove the AOE itself, but with all graphics and effects at minimum, the skulls still appear and cause me to lag so badly my client quits responding. When it finally catches up, I've died and been ported out. I don't have nearly such a problem lagging with the rest of the Ares event until that aoe appears.

Granted, I have a less-than-top-of-the-line laptop, but I'm certain I'm not the only one, and think changing the aoe's animation or its effect properties would be a benefit for many, harmful to none.  :monkey-1:

Offline Evangelica♀

• ♥Always be true to who you are♥
if these changes was made to fight afkers then you failed - everyone who can afk keep afk till NPC spawn. And basically anyone with 150 gear can afk. So nothing changed.
Btw what wrong with afkers? If someone managed to lvlup 20 chars to 150 he deserve reward once a week. Nothing wrong with that. So old Ares was like reward for playing server and loging at least once a week. New Ares messy today, but now everyone will gear they alts with Dragon gear and still will afk as before...

Because I have a few chars I take in, two at a time and have them afk, I always, but always go in every single time with my cleric, heal other players, rez them, keep them buffed and attack the boss as well.  That is my way of paying my dues for having chars afk in Ares, because, most of us need the extra EC and that is my way of obtaining the extra EC.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” | Mahatma Gandhi