Epic Perfect World

Excuse me, GM's.

Offline Cecelia

• Characters: Cecelia, Wisteria
  • Faction: Derp
I'm very sorry to disturb you because I know how  busy you all are, but please, hear me out. It's about time someone says it, if they haven't already. It would be so wonderful to have some GM's online more often. Also, it would be just absolutely amazing for GM's to stop ignoring players when they ask for help. There have been times where I've seen one goofing off in world chat, and shorty after, I pm them with a question. Ignored. This has happened on several occasions and I can't speak for everyone else when I say this, but It's getting very aggravating. Also, I think there is an issue regarding world chat. It's always "Take it out of WC!!!" or something, always a threat that is said many times, not acted upon as it should be. On another note, I've seen some of the most repulsive things posted on world chat. Those things go unnoticed. But when something mild is said, a GM hops right on that player and mutes/bans them. Also, when a GM is confronted about what happened, they close the thread. I would not be surprised if this thread was closed shortly after I created it. My point is, I believe we need some reform in the server staff. I'm not trying to start problems, I'm trying to address them. So, please, GM's, if you won't own up to responsibility to the server, then please step down and let someone else who is more dedicated take the position. I am aware that there are very good GM's as well. Thank you to those who make the game a better experience for others.

Tali

Kinda hard to be passionate about a GM position when you work the worst part of customer service for free...

But that's just my 2 cents.  :-[

Offline Cecelia

If they are that bitter about it, then they should not be doing it. I always find myself enjoying assisting others. It isn't that difficult of a job.
I have asked for a GM to pm me in game. It's sad that I've gotten pm's after that saying "you should probably ask someone else". Thank you for your input.

Tali

If they are that bitter about it, then they should not be doing it. I always find myself enjoying assisting others. It isn't that difficult of a job.
I have asked for a GM to pm me in game. It's sad that I've gotten pm's after that saying "you should probably ask someone else". Thank you for your input.

Not saying they're bitter about it, but hey, it's not a living, it doesn't pay for anything. They gain no benefit from having to listen to people complain day in and day out. If you want some paid GMs, go to PWI, but good luck ever seeing one.
They're only human, they have loads of bullshit to deal with everyday, don't hate them for maybe wanting some time to themselves.  :-[

Offline Cecelia

Not saying they're bitter about it, but hey, it's not a living, it doesn't pay for anything. They gain no benefit from having to listen to people complain day in and day out. If you want some paid GMs, go to PWI, but good luck ever seeing one.
They're only human, they have loads of bullshit to deal with everyday, don't hate them for maybe wanting some time to themselves.  :-[
I am not hating them. Just throwing out some suggestions. As I said, maybe someone else would be better for the job. Someone who doesn't look at needy players as a burden.

Tali

I am not hating them. Just throwing out some suggestions. As I said, maybe someone else would be better for the job. Someone who doesn't look at needy players as a burden.

I don't know where I'm implying that you hate them, nor did I suggest that GMs view their players as a burden.
All I'm saying is, think realistically. You can't expect GMs to babysit us.

Offline Cecelia

I don't know where I'm implying that you hate them, nor did I suggest that GMs view their players as a burden.
All I'm saying is, think realistically. You can't expect GMs to babysit us.
Isn't that their job? Lol. Like, why else become a GM, besides for the good gear and stats? Which is an awful reason, by the way.  Also, You stated this: " don't hate them for maybe wanting some time to themselves. ". Which did imply that I hated them. Which, again, I do not. This is just my opinion. I just wanted to get it out there, because I know many other players feel the same way. I'm washing my hands of this disagreement.

Tali

Isn't that their job? Lol. Like, why else become a GM, besides for the good gear and stats? Which is an awful reason, by the way.  Also, You stated this: " don't hate them for maybe wanting some time to themselves. ". Which did imply that I hated them. Which, again, I do not. This is just my opinion. I just wanted to get it out there, because I know many other players feel the same way. This disagreement has ended.

You seem mad.

Offline Cecelia

Lol. I am a bit upset. That is what caused me to post this thread.

Offline Testaclese

• The Simple Pinoy Man
  • You Touch my Tra la la
Lol. I am a bit upset. That is what caused me to post this thread.

So  your saying... You Mad?

Offline AOH

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aids
  • Faction: Ŧα†αlι†y
Perhaps the problem isn't so much with the GM's but with the players. Gm's are not a guide or  walkthrough of the game. the site has plenty of resources most people (this is my opinion) are just down right to lazy to use. If someone is having a serious issue and cant get in contact with a GM in game (maybe there afk on it and playing an alt or working on a project or just afk in general) you can always post serious problems on the forums and this is usually a lot of player support as well as GM there. But hey this is just my opinion as you say. :D

Tali

Perhaps the problem isn't so much with the GM's but with the players. Gm's are not a guide or  walkthrough of the game. the site has plenty of resources most people (this is my opinion) are just down right to lazy to use. If someone is having a serious issue and cant get in contact with a GM in game (maybe there afk on it and playing an alt or working on a project or just afk in general) you can always post serious problems on the forums and this is usually a lot of player support as well as GM there. But hey this is just my opinion as you say. :D

I feel like people have been so deprived of GMs on other servers that they regard GMs here as babysitters...at least, from the QQ I've seen.

Offline Tenashi

i allwayz get replied to by eviltouch and is allways helpfull best GM  ^-^

Offline Cecelia

Then why have GM's? You are saying they are useless since we have so many resources. Is it not easier to pm one and get a 100% correct answer, than waste teles asking in world chat? Or waiting for a reply on forums?

Offline Cecelia

Some serious players don't want to mess around, they shouldn't have to search for things on forums when there is a GM right there. In my opinoin, some of the GM's are the lazy ones. There is no excuse for ignoring someone who needs help. THEY wanted to be a GM. THEY should act like one. I am very tired of everyone coming to their defense. I understand that there are good GM's, trust me. But as I have stated, we need some reform in the staff.