Epic Perfect World

Server Error Please Log off

Offline Deja

• Weeble
  • Nostalgia, Invictus, LocKnLoaD
Ever since Beta I've had problems with a "server error" that shows up on my screen when I log in on multiple accounts or even change characters on same account. I cannot do everything while in this error mode and to log out from this mode I have to force log. Then I have to restart the computer again, and sometimes up to 3x in order to get a clean load.
I have all the suggested current Microsoft files and direct x. I have deleted and re-downloaded from torrent and re installed. I have tried running in windows 8 compatibility mode and used "run as administer". I have tried using different exe to log the different accounts and using the bat file suggested by one of the GMs. The errors happen on all my accounts, not just one.

I ran across another faction mate that has this same problem, but only since the 3x downtime due to the server attack.
I'd sure like to know what on my end could cause a server error. I never had them on the old EPW or PWI (although I did get the lag others have).

I am on a Windows 10, 64-bit. Foxfire 64-bit (it also happened on FF 32 bit) I have 8 gb of ram and have used EPW successfully since 2013 prior to Beta. I have my pop up blockers and malware blockers off for epw.
Last Edit: Nov 22, 2016, 03:23 pm by Deja

Calamondin, Sago, Dijnayrik, Dragon_Child, CindyBrady
Bahia, Arik, AmamA
Ahnje, Classique, Scuppernong
Chipola, Taela, Docktor
SilverRing
Fatal_Blade, HoneyKins

Offline Masuta

• The Adversary
  • Habits ♡
  • Characters: Masuta
  • Faction: Adversary • Tyrants
A few guild members and myself had these since beta as well, not sure why it keeps happening.
here for the memes, there's nothing else left anyways

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
I had that happen since beta as well, i have no idea why though.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Can you list here on which toons it's happening for you, so I may find some pattern? Right now I am not sure what is causing this.

Offline Deja

• Weeble
Can you list here on which toons it's happening for you, so I may find some pattern? Right now I am not sure what is causing this.

Could there be some beta file still on our computers. Seems like its been "since beta".
it happens on all my toons on 3 accounts. many of my toons from my first 2 accounts are listed in my siggy.

Bahia, Arik, AmamA
Chipola, Taela, Docktor
SilverRing
Fatal_Blade, HoneyKins

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
i used to get that in the past while opening boxes really fast

Offline ..

• Forum Veteran
It can happen doesnt matter the toon. Sometimes had to relog 2 or 3 times.

Offline Masuta

• The Adversary
  • Habits ♡
It happens like once a week to me if I did one of the following

> Honing over 30 times
> Using LS/SLS in a solid row with barely time in between
> Picking up Heavenfall Temple buffs (3 or more)
> Donating BQ materials (2nd item)
> Digging for Wandering Artist while coming from few meters away (on a mount, not sure if related to the issue)
> Learning skills
> Learning teleporting locations with scroll (happend after like 10-15, don't remember i was doing something else at the time.)

I think most of these may be related to speed as I write them down.
Using an item or option in the game too fast after the last time.

Hope this helps.
Last Edit: Nov 24, 2016, 10:08 am by Erelim

Offline HeaIion

• Mr Epic PW October 2015
  • Retired since January 2017
  • Characters: HeaIion
  • Faction: Ducks
Why cant i enter the game? Im stuck now at char selection screen and when i click on start it says dc from server  :(
Did you just fall?
    -No!, I attacked the floor :o
Backwards?
    -IM FREAKING TALENTED! ;D

"The Lovable Agent"

Offline Masuta

• The Adversary
  • Habits ♡
Why cant i enter the game? Im stuck now at char selection screen and when i click on start it says dc from server  :(
Try resetting your toon's position through the panel.

Offline Manu

• ★Nin Nin★
  • Characters: SelfishFreak
reminding me of all the BSOD and epw errors i had. for me it was cause of the RAM. good luck  :-X .

kitty stew

I've had the same thing happen to me (Server Error, log off and try again blah blah) but it only happens to me on:

- Fujin (no matter what I do, even if it's nothing other than logging in and checking in and logging out -- sometimes have to relog up to 20 times to stop getting the error when logging in)
- any toon under level 150

and it's always within a second or two of entering the game

all the other 70+ toons of ours are just fine, no errors at all

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
if you are experiencing this issue, just unpack and replace in EPW/element/ and the error shouldn't appear anymore

Offline Deja

• Weeble
Replacing the file definitely seemed to solve the problem. THANKS Aga!  Do you know what was wrong by chance?

Bahia, Arik, AmamA
Chipola, Taela, Docktor
SilverRing
Fatal_Blade, HoneyKins

Offline ..

• Forum Veteran
Ty Aga, still didnt have a problem after using this file ^-^