Epic Perfect World

Preparing for the EPIC Genesis/Descent Update

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
In few hours there will be full client uploaded.

Offline Rhelanna

i did everything that ur supposed to do i downloaded the Decent files from the site, downloaded the EpW update renamed the pwi i just downloaded and replaced the files and when i try and open the patcher it says patcher.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Try this. Recopy the files from the EPW_genesis_patch folder and paste over the others in main Epic folder again. Then just run the launcher.exe.

Offline Harlet

i've already tried that and it didn't work but i think i know the problem i have no idea about this btw im just guessing when i open it with the launcher, it loads the small updater that comes before the patcher but when it tries to load the patcher it crashes so i checked my files and in my launcher files i have MS-DOS Batch Files that act as launchers yes i have the fix it one to and of the 2 that should be launching one says EPW_launcher and the other is just 4 squares so im wondering if the one with the 4 squares is the old pwi one and should i delete it and just have the EPW one cause when i try and open the EPW one it gives the prompt that it gives when u have just a patcher by itself and nothing to connect to it would be great if someone can post a pic of there launcher so i can see if i should delete that file or not tell me if i'm wrong cause i have no idea about this stuff im not a techy.

Offline Rhelanna

i've already tried that and it didn't work but i think i know the problem i have no idea about this btw im just guessing when i open it with the launcher, it loads the small updater that comes before the patcher but when it tries to load the patcher it crashes so i checked my files and in my launcher files i have MS-DOS Batch Files that act as launchers yes i have the fix it one to and of the 2 that should be launching one says EPW_launcher and the other is just 4 squares so im wondering if the one with the 4 squares is the old pwi one and should i delete it and just have the EPW one cause when i try and open the EPW one it gives the prompt that it gives when u have just a patcher by itself and nothing to connect to it would be great if someone can post a pic of there launcher so i can see if i should delete that file or not tell me if i'm wrong cause i have no idea about this stuff im not a techy.

When I did my update, I used the MS-DOS Batch Files one. And it worked for me. Didn't work for the in game hubby though. But I never got a corrupt files message like he did either.
Last Edit: Mar 27, 2012, 11:24 pm by Rhelanna

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I think you have not replaced all the files or copied patch to the wrong location. So maybe try again or download full client? http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=10.0

Offline Tinykiller

• Boooooooyaaaaaa
If anyone can/isnt busy i suggest they should make a vid on how its done it will create alot less confusion :o <3
_Cocaine_! - Lvl 150 barb
Cocaiinee - Lvl 150 sin
Bangers - Lvl 140 physic
Coocaine - Lvl 150 seeker
<3Tiny - Lvl 150 Wizzard
_Cocaine_ - Lvl 150 Archer
Tinykiller - Lvl 150 Bm

Offline Psychopomp

• The Red Prince
  • And on the 13th day God created Scorpion.
I was actually considering making a video if it's still needed.

Amazing art made for me by Vesabean!

Offline GamerGall

Can someone please put it up as a torrent, buggy internet keeps disconnecting and have to start downloading again.
Seeing the server does not resume according to my download resumer (Free Download Manager) aka FDM.

(Edit)
Nm, got the torrent from PWi site, downloading then patching to Epic.
Thanks anyhow
Last Edit: Apr 04, 2012, 08:21 pm by GamerGall
Make love, not war, less blood  ****

Offline pedroleitao

• Beginner
When I open the launcher it starts the auto-updater and it allways says error .. what should I do?

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
try dowanload all th patces, then install them 1 by 1.
its giving that error to a lot of ppl :(

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Try rebooting your PC and start again..

Offline Mayo

• Desolate Officer
  • Characters: MERCER. AceVno
  • Faction: Desolate
EpicPW clent files should be extracted before pasted in the EpicPW folder right? :P
MERCER- 150 R8 Sage Psy
Vergel- 150 R8 Demon Mystic
Helller- 150 R8 Demon Wiz
Xehli- 150 R8 Demon Archer
AceVno- 150 R8 Demon Veno
Clressill- 150 Demon Assassin
Astrotic- 150 Cleric
And Counting.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
This way of patching is no longer supported and will cause your client to crash, but it will be supported back when we will update the game to the Descent version.

Offline BeastlyBoy

Agito can u help me out ive been waiting and waiting and trying and trying but cant do crap to download lol very anoyyying so if u could thx

Offline BeastlyBoy

woops spelt ur name wrong i do that crap alot