Epic Perfect World

PC Help

Offline Astria

• Characters: Opalescence - Sagittarian
  • Faction: Nocturnes
I'm in need of a new PC and considering your average hamster is more tech savvy than me, could really use some pointers. After looking online I think I might have found a couple options, but since I really don't know what is considered good specs, I'm not sure if I should buy either. I'm hoping some nice person here will be able to impart their wisdom.
The computer will mostly be used for gaming, not only playing Epic, but other newer MMORPGs as well as offline games, like Skyrim, DA:I  and Sims just to name a few. I'll also be using it to watch anime and movies online.
There is not much of a price difference between the two and if you don't think either of the computers will be able to work well, please be honest. I don't want to drop this much money on a computer only to find out that it can't handle the games.

Computer 1:
4.0GHz Intel Core i7-6700K quad-core processor with 8MB L3 cache
Windows 10 operating system
2TB SATA hard drive
120GB solid state drive
16GB DDR4 system memory; expandable to 64GB
SuperMulti DVD/CD burner/player
AMD Radeon RX 480 graphics with 8GB video memory
High Definition Audio
Has 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, 8 USB ports, HDMI output, DVI port, DisplayPort and headphone/microphone jack

Computer 2:
4.7GHz AMD FX-9590 eight-core processor with 8MB L3 cache
2TB SATA hard drive
240GB solid state drive
16GB DDR3 system memory; expandable to 32GB
AMD Radeon RX 480 graphics with 4GB video memory
High Definition Audio
Has 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, 10 USB ports, HDMI output, DVI port, DisplayPort and headphone/microphone jack

Offline Szatan

• Characters: ♔ Szatan ♔
And the winner is Computer 1!  :)

Intel has better proccessors and i7 has much more "points" in tests
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-vs-AMD-FX-9590/3502vs1812

Also Intel processors have better performance in games.
If you're able to put more money get 32GB ram instead of 16. Also take the one with 2400Mhz or even higher :D 
Then your computer should be okay with new games ;)

Offline Shashank Susngi

• Supply tokens aplenty
  • Characters: rabid_dogg
1st one, but both are very high end.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Having had AMD software before, I can tell you now that honestly you should be skeptical about using AMD anything as a GPU. They have really awful cooling systems in them and are known to overheat constantly. In my brutally honest opinion you should look for a computer that has an Intel CPU and a Nvidia GPU.

However, if these are the only options here, I'd have to say that imo computer #1 is superior to #2. 

Even with 4.0GHz, an intel i7 CPU will work flawlessly, and paired with an 8GB GPU they should work in tandem very well. 

Like I said though, I'm biased towards Intel/Nvidia because I went through 4 faulty AMD GPU's in a row before I made the switch to Nvidia, so that's my opinion after being screwed over by AMD hardware so much.

Offline DexΦs

• Edge Lord
  • Retired
  • Characters: Dexos, Dexas
  • Faction: Xpendable, Artifex
And the winner is Computer 1!  :)

Intel has better proccessors and i7 has much more "points" in tests
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-vs-AMD-FX-9590/3502vs1812

Also Intel processors have better performance in games.
If you're able to put more money get 32GB ram instead of 16. Also take the one with 2400Mhz or even higher :D
Then your computer should be okay with new games ;)
mm 16gb is more than enough, I'd rather go for more SSD storage (120gb is only enough for a few games) as it really massively improves the load time. However, going for higher ram frequencies would be great indeed.

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
the first one  :normal-15: just for curiosity how much is it? $$$

p.S. Even with those machine you might be laggy in massive pk here but that't story for itself

Offline Astria

the first one  :normal-15: just for curiosity how much is it? $$$

p.S. Even with those machine you might be laggy in massive pk here but that't story for itself

The one is $1550 and the other $1700.
And I'm not much of a PKer, I like to quest and play with fashion. :tiger-4:

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• #1 Vit Build Metal Mage
  • Noop since 2012.
  • Characters: 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀
the first one  :normal-15: just for curiosity how much is it? $$$

Around $1300-$1500; depending where you buy it. CyberpowerPC SLC9800. 

When you get rid of your best Cata EP
Artifex lost 80 vs 30 in ten minutes

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
build your own pc, its cheaper and better, if you dont know how there are alot of guides on youtube(which is how i built mine) or ask a friend
http://imgur.com/gallery/4a789t0
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide

Offline kitcat666

• Characters: Kiarana, Anikita
  • Faction: Arch Enemy
Computer 2:
4.7GHz AMD FX-9590 eight-core processor with 8MB L3 cache
2TB SATA hard drive
240GB solid state drive
16GB DDR3 system memory; expandable to 32GB
AMD Radeon RX 480 graphics with 4GB video memory
High Definition Audio
Has 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, 10 USB ports, HDMI output, DVI port, DisplayPort and headphone/microphone jack
having recently changed to amd myself as my intel wasnt much cop, i recommend AMD for gamin, but pair it with high graphics and a good cpu cooler.
intel are good but they wouldnt run very well on my pc as its a gamers pc and it wouldnt take to it for some reason,

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
The one is $1550 
5 months salary for me 8) 

Offline Astria

build your own pc, its cheaper and better, if you dont know how there are alot of guides on youtube(which is how i built mine) or ask a friend
http://imgur.com/gallery/4a789t0
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide
I'm an old woman, I sometimes have difficulty searching for things on google; building a computer is far beyond my capabilities. But if you want to know how to properly season your frying pans and the best way to make flaky pie crust, I got you covered.

Offline Annikaa

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Annikaa, Annicaa
  • Faction: Leftovers
first option i would go for

i payed for mine way more about 2.5k euros
stats>
4 GHz (4,2 GHz turbo) Intel Core i7-6700K
4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
1 TB + 8 GB SSHD and120 GB SSD
16 GB
windows 10 and all bla bla not gonna write, just the basics