Epic Perfect World

Sirens Of War

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
I have to disagree. I was quite content with the plebeians not being able to easily afford the materials needed to make higher level gear. The economy prior to Version 390 was almost perfect, and you either had to work hard or spend a lot of real money to get good gear. Now you have people running around with NPC gear buying "heads" in FC until they're a high enough level to use Nirvana, and the problem is it's too affordable. People reach, or come close to reaching, end game and they don't even know how to play the game. This is fantastic news to the commoners, but it's a nightmare to players such as myself.

I hate to disagree with you. I legit leveled my toon on PWI, farmed my ASS for the little gear i managed to get pre NW, and could still barely afford to buy ONE rap a week, because no one wanted a seeker in any squad but delta, and how often do you see full delta being run on PWI? (And thats ignoring the fact that they remove the coin drop from delta, so it became nearly impossible to turn a profit even there). I was hardly a plebeian as you so eloquently phrased it. But I also dont have a huge amount of disposable income to pour into the game. The advent of NW made me able to finally achieve a small measure of equality. And it didnt really matter if prices of raps and cannys dropped through the basement because you still had to farm full WS/Lunar to get your G16 gear. NW could be a good thing, all they would have to do is tweek the token/item ratio to compensate for the farmability of gear here in epw. But no matter how many points i give on the benefits NW brought, they will never change the view of an elitist mindset. So go ahead, rail away against good sense, and sound reasoning.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
  • Feel free to PM ingame if you need any help
Personally I agree that it should be added, but that prizes should be tweaked. Firstly, mats that are already farmable should cost a lot of NW points, to make it such that you are rewarded for NW, but not make it such that NW is a farming instance. Secondly, prizes should mainly include things such as rep badges, epic coins, mystical elixers, pure god stones etc, mainly items that will benefit the lower levels if they join, and not the higher levels wielding r8 and crazy gear.
ShinyWB Demon Barbarian WildBunch
NaturalTouch Demon Mystic Ducks
LolCrits Sage Assassin
Fistings Demon Blademaster Rawr
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock. I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a Duck?

Antihero

no one wanted a seeker in any squad but delta

This is similar to the predicament the Tideborn faced. They were were often prohibited from joining many instances. This is no longer the case, unfortunately, and now Assassins are even in high demand in instances like Nirvana. I'm sure the same will regrettably happen to Seekers. In the meantime, however, you should have created an alt. Clerics, Wizards, or even Blademasters are good choices.

And it didnt really matter if prices of raps and cannys dropped through the basement because you still had to farm full WS/Lunar to get your G16 gear.

Good. It's nice to see you still have to work for something.

But no matter how many points i give on the benefits NW brought, they will never change the view of an elitist mindset.

Of course not, because I believe we had a working system before. Nirvana should be hard to get. It is, or was, a very good set of gear and something like that shouldn't just be handed out amongst everyone for a few coins. Don't get me wrong, I like Nation Wars as an event but I think the reward system is a bit too generous.

So go ahead, rail away against good sense, and sound reasoning.
All I really got out of this was "If you disagree with me, you're automatically wrong". How self-righteous of you.

Tali

If you want to debate the economy of PWI pre/post-Sirens of War, go for it.

Just keep it clean.  :-\

Offline Areashi

• Banned
If you want to debate the economy of PWI pre/post-Sirens of War, go for it.

Just keep it clean.  :-\
*Grumbles about Rap and UC prices* >_>_>_>_>_>_>_>.

Tali

*Grumbles about Rap and UC prices* >_>_>_>_>_>_>_>.

Ay! That's enough sass outta you! -prods-

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
WTS > Raps      : 8m ea
           Canneis : 7m ea

~flyranger2k13
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
^ LMAO.

I took a break from PWI for a bit, then came back during one of their 2x events to try and farm for my nirvana gear.  I finished first forge, and was starting on 2nd, but burned myself out quickly with caster nirvana (which was few and far between for me because the elitists somehow thought that a +8 rank 8 PSYCHIC--you know, basically god mode in mage form--was not enough DD for CASTER nirvana).  I was gonna come back when the update hit...only to find out that nirvana was essentially killed.

Yes, I could've easily afforded cannies and raps now (actually not really since I made zero money from the casters I did before I took my few-week break--I had 1 mil to my name after buying the rest of my cannies), but I actually enjoyed running caster nirvana.  The update basically made it pointless to run it.  It went from a pay to play (which is fine by me--I spent more than I care to admit and refused to put another cent in) to a kill-shit-to-play game (and by kill shit, I mean pk).  When you have R932.0 (or whatever the hell people call it these days) running around, it's like...well shit. 

The ONLY thing I saw that came out of this update that I'd like to see on EPW is the skill updates, and only SOME of them, as there are a few that will tip the balance even further to one side (more seekers, anyone?).  NW can stay where it is.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Vengeous ~

• Old Player
  • Its been a long time coming
Lol... Everyones thinking of the rewards... Guess there wont be any NW with this kind of QQ D:

Offline Aujami

• Old Player
siren of war expansion meant to balance pwi in term of skill and economy plus having some pvp fun. here on this private server we don't need that skills and classes already balanced.

having it here will make some classes extremmly op having their skills remade e.g. BMs and sage archers. and having nation war is close to impossible here since the population of this server is not as big as pwi so more than half of the lands will be empty.
rewards i believe was never an issue here having the numbers to fill NW is. epic prob working on to get siren expansion contents not the whole thing from pwi. so u prob just getting NW instance and some tw changes.

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
In the meantime, however, you should have created an alt. Clerics, Wizards, or even Blademasters are good choices.

In what fantasy world did you spring forth? If i couldnt afford to by multiple raps, how would i have been able to afford to lvl another toon? It took me almost 9months to hit 100 on my seeker, and i didnt have the coin to buy heads to speed up the process on an alt. Fact is man, a lot of really good players got hamstrung by bloated prices, and once NW hit, and they were able to farm/buy mats, they were finally able to show what they could do. And in a lot of cases what they could do was pretty impressive.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
... they were finally able to show what they could do. And in a lot of cases what they could do was pretty impressive.

That's what bothers "elitists". They want those players
to never be able to buy or do anything, and never show
who really can play better.

So let's pump all prices and cripple them forever.
Don't make yourself better, make others worse.
"I'm perfect, no need to improve anything." LOL

On the other hand, difficulties made some of them even
better than they would try to be. And that returnerd like
a boomerang into faces of "price pumpers".

~~~~~

Yes, some kids run around with things received too easy.
But those were already too lazy to learn something, nothing
would change their attitude anyway.

After all, this is just a game, not a hard work.
Nothing should be too hard, especially not nearly impossible.

~~~~~

BTW, last night went to PWI for a moment.
People in WC sell raps for 175-190k. (Raging Tide)

If you had stock of Raps and planned to wait/make
price go up, it's normal for you to QQ now. :)

~~~~~

We have 1.4.5 with some elements of Sirens of War included.
Full Sirens of War is 1.4.6

I'm sure Aga and team already work on NW and few other things.
But they also work on Epic-speciffic stuff that noone else have.
To do all that will take time and lot of testing.

Some people on PWI forum already complain about not being able
to attend NW. It's overbooked too quickly each time.

Maybe here would be better, before our community gets too big too. :)

~~~~~

You see already: to me nothing is purely black and white.

Do whatever makes you happy, unless it makes others unhappy.

If you can be happy only by making others be "below you"
(crippled and lowered), then you don't deserve such happiness.
At least not over my back.
Last Edit: Jan 26, 2013, 04:03 pm by geriatrix
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Antihero

You guys don't seem to understand the system. You can call us elitists, but we worked hard to get where we were. The cash-shoppers spent their money and we, in one way or another, profited off them as well. The point is that people like us gave the new/lower level players something to work toward and it wasn't easy. Now you spend a few coins and you've got everything. There's no sense of accomplishment in that. I have no problem whatsoever with people getting ahead. I enjoy seeing success. I just don't want it to be too easy for them. Challenge brings about a greater sense of accomplishment.

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
You guys don't seem to understand the system. You can call us elitists, but we worked hard to get where we were. The cash-shoppers spent their money and we, in one way or another, profited off them as well. The point is that people like us gave the new/lower level players something to work toward and it wasn't easy. Now you spend a few coins and you've got everything. There's no sense of accomplishment in that. I have no problem whatsoever with people getting ahead. I enjoy seeing success. I just don't want it to be too easy for them. Challenge brings about a greater sense of accomplishment.

Not always..sometimes it brings a greater level of frustration. :P :))
Last Edit: Jan 26, 2013, 05:51 pm by Shay

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
You guys don't seem to understand the system. You can call us elitists...

The fact that you're championing a system that was inherently broken, between cornered markets, low payouts for farmable gear in general instances, class biases keeping certain people out of certain instances, exponentially lower drop rates for needed mats, and prices so restrictive for people who began playing the game later, that nothing was within reach, (given the fact that PWI made DQ items below lvl 71 worth only 1 coin, and took coin drops out of instances like Delta, farming coin was almost impossible too) does, by definition, in fact, make you an elitist. A certain amount of hard work does make for a more rewarding experience, i will agree. However when you spend 3 months farming an instance from the time you wake up, till the time you have to leave for work (usually about 6 hours) and wind up with ONE piece of gear to show for the effort, where is the sense of accomplishment? It's nonexistent, because youre still not anywhere NEAR where you need to be to be capable of seeing endgame content like full WS, or Lunar, or hell even get invited to a lower end TW faction. The system you are saying worked perfectly, was broken. It only allowed for people who could throw THOUSANDS of dollars at the game, or were there from day1 and were able to manipulate the economy to suit their desires. The only reason you hated NW rewards system was because it took that firm choke hold you had on everyone's ability to better their toon, and shattered it.