Epic Perfect World

Skyrim Special Edition

kitty stew

If it runs on scripts it needs an update. Mods w/o scripts are probably fine but I think they need some type of conversion (as far as I know). If you check other server more mods get reuploaded every day.

thanks for the info :)

lol'd at all the forum code spam when I hit quote

Opulence

thanks for the info :)

lol'd at all the forum code spam when I hit quote

That's odd I pressed remove format lmao. I have W, A, D, & 2 broken on my laptop keyboard ... 3 of those are set on macros, d I have to copy & paste. LOL. Too cheap to buy an external keyboard. 

Looks like my shop format as well, a disaster in the code.

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
I didn't even know that was a thing, zz. 
Time to go buy it and download some more sht and mods.  :normal-22:

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
I didn't even know that was a thing, zz. Time to go buy it and download some more sht and mods. :normal-22:

If you already owned Legendary edition on Steam, you got the SE for free!

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼

If you already owned Legendary edition on Steam, you got the SE for free!
Oh fck you're right. Thanks for telling me LOL. I was legit about to go waste 20 bucks to buy it.
I haven't been on Steam in months oops. 

kitty stew

Oh fck you're right. Thanks for telling me LOL. I was legit about to go waste 20 bucks to buy it. I haven't been on Steam in months oops.
same, I just noticed that's why I suddenly had a change of heart LOL (I average buying one game every few years now.. working for the game industry burned me out on games and made me rather jaded/picky about what it's turned into)

That's odd I pressed remove format lmao. I have W, A, D, & 2 broken on my laptop keyboard ... 3 of those are set on macros, d I have to copy & paste. LOL. Too cheap to buy an external keyboard.
Looks like my shop format as well, a disaster in the code.

make use of professional and have him fix it :police:

question, since you're clearly way more of an expert on skyrim than me, and have prob tried more mods, mind if I get your opinion on what your fav content mods are.. like houses, followers, clothing, etc. (besides the most popular ofc, I've tried most of those)

Opulence

question, since you're clearly way more of an expert on skyrim than me, and have prob tried more mods, mind if I get your opinion on what your fav content mods are.. like houses, followers, clothing, etc. (besides the most popular ofc, I've tried most of those)
Can't make any suggestions on house mods since I don't have any. However I wouldn't suggest huge houses with lots of mannequins, I heard it can get quite buggy.
Clothing/armor depends if you have male or female character. Immersive Armor + Weapons by hothtrooper44 is a good start to have and it works for both genders/any race, aMidianBorn does some nice retextures for skyrim + vanilla armors, I also suggest looking up some retextures for the Thieves guild & dark brotherhood as there is lots to choose from. Lind001 does nice mage robe retextures that don't look like you are wearing a potato sack. I can make further suggestions if you let me know male/female.
INIGO is the only custom follower I have used. He is fully voiced, will comment in on different scenarios, your gameplay etc, and he will also say things randomly to other npcs. He also doesn't need any separate follower mod to ride horses etc (aft/eft), he works well with Immersive Horses mod or Convenient Horses etc.
Last Edit: Nov 01, 2016, 09:54 pm by 𝒦𝒶𝒾𝒹

Offline Selaria

If it runs on scripts it needs an update. Mods w/o scripts are probably fine but I think they need some type of conversion (as far as I know). If you check other server more mods get reuploaded every day.
Mods that use SKSE(and unfortunately in this case a large amount of scripted mods do) will not work with 64 bit under any circumstance though until the SKSE team updates SKSE to 64 bit, which they have stated will take a very long time, just as it has for F4SE.
From my post on the other server forums related to the same question:

The truth is that this is somewhere in between Skyrim and Fallout 4. Parts of the engine have been updated to match Fallout 4 (graphics engine, 64-bit, etc.) Basically all of their games are the same core engine which gets improved/modified with each release. But where Fallout 4 used ActionScript 3 and an updated Papyrus scripting engine, Skyrim SE uses the old UI and Papyrus engine from Skyrim (to do otherwise would require rewriting all the scripts and the UI.)

In either case there is a lot of work to do for us. Even within a single game there are lots of things to update with each new build. Memory addresses and offsets change, functions can behave differently, classes can get data added or removed, classes and form types can appear or disappear.  Between games you don't even have the basics you can depend upon. With each new game we have to find all of the relevant and important bits and update our internal code to match the new realties.

The jump to the F4 64-bit engine was really big. We haven't really got real script extending working for F4SE yet (in part due to real life concerns). We are expecting there to be a similar big jump for the Special Edition. While in general we have a sense for the large subsystems are which ought to be closer to Skyrim and F4, until we look at the nitty gritty details we simply won't know.

Add to this the fact that Bethesda again released the game in a psuedo-debug mode with a big extra jump table in between all of the functions, and anything we do right this moment will have to be redone as soon as they release a fix. They know about this - but who knows when they will have an update. Next week? Next month?

We'll start investigating, but this is going to take some serious effort and time to get done. There is a ton of functionality in SKSE. We won't get it all implemented at once for the Special Edition. Expect early versions for the Special Edition to have a lot less functionality. And no ETA at all for when we'll have anything to show.

Opulence

Mods that use SKSE(and unfortunately in this case a large amount of scripted mods do) will not work with 64 bit under any circumstance though until the SKSE team updates SKSE to 64 bit, which they have stated will take a very long time, just as it has for F4SE.
Ty ^^ I just didn't know how to properly explain it  :'(

kitty stew

you've got to be kidding me

scatterer3

tbh need like a full guide for modding

kitty stew

tbh need like a full guide for modding
tbh I didn't find modding that troublesome in older ES games

and not only that using their creation kits were easier before too, if there was something dumb I wanted to modify like some spell or potion being too OP

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex

Offline GINJO

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Tarci - Ginjones
  • Faction: Akatsuki克
Just use NMM already

Offline GINJO

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Tarci - Ginjones
  • Faction: Akatsuki克
Then we can see how bad Dom is with lockpick LUL