Epic Perfect World

Skyrim Special Edition

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex

Who here is playing Skyrim Special Edition?

What are your thoughts?

I picked up my copy on Steam an hour after release, and honestly it looked much different than vanilla. I used to play a modded Skyrim with over 150+ mods to make it look like it does right off the bat, so it's a drastic improvement in my PoV.

Here's some starting gameplay I streamed a few days back for my friends for those curious of the looks of the new version :

I'll be streaming a few times a week on my youtube channel below

Feel free to discuss Skyrim SE below, I'd like to hear the input from those who are playing, and how you're enjoying it!

Last Edit: Nov 02, 2016, 01:23 am by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

kitty stew

could have said what it was, now I gotta google it since I don't wanna see some crap video

Offline TeruTheGreat

• Moderated
  • Tyrants Legend
  • Balance expert
  • Characters: Teru
  • Faction: Tyrants
Looks like trash compared to modded skyrim. However cause of the better viewing distance and stuff, the special edition will look better after mods

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
Looks like trash compared to modded skyrim. However cause of the better viewing distance and stuff, the special edition will look better after mods

I think that for PC not much changed, but for the console gamers without mods? I think that it's MUCH different in the comparison video's.

kitty stew

I think that for PC not much changed, but for the console gamers without mods? I think that it's MUCH different in the comparison video's.
sunny ways my friends

kitty stew

doesn't seem to be any reason to get this if you have modded Legendary Edition

looks more beneficial to console players/fanatics who need to have all editions

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
doesn't seem to be any reason to get this if you have modded Legendary Edition looks more beneficial to console players/fanatics who need to have all editions

64 bit support and no 4GB RAM cap. *Cough*

Offline Solomon

• Forum Veteran
special edition feels way more smoother than vanilla

scatterer3

I favor playing vanilla, especially the remastered version now, over a modded "crashing" Skyrim. Kaid suggested me like 20 worthy mods but it just keeps crashing all the time. I'm actually glad they released a remastered version. Even though I played only a bit, I like it.

kitty stew

I favor playing vanilla, especially the remastered version now, over a modded "crashing" Skyrim. Kaid suggested me like 20 worthy mods but it just keeps crashing all the time. I'm actually glad they released a remastered version. Even though I played only a bit, I like it.
what mods if you don't mind me asking?

did you disable one by one to figure out which was causing?

imo there's a number of mods, once you have them working, that are just essential.. just my opinion tho

Opulence

what mods if you don't mind me asking?

did you disable one by one to figure out which was causing?

imo there's a number of mods, once you have them working, that are just essential.. just my opinion tho
I have 200 mods and my game is stable. His game was crashing after startup from what I last heard. Meaning he probably missed a master file or compatibility patch.
I only suggested immersion mods such as frostfall, campfire, OBIS, patrols.

Anyways the SE is a lot nicer than what I expected. Only things I really miss at this point are my immersion mods + UNP/face textures/hairstyles etc. In good time though they'll be back hopefully, I'm sick of my frumpy looking Nord.

Btw some more info: 

kitty stew

I have 200 mods and my game is stable. His game was crashing after startup from what I last heard. Meaning he probably missed a master file or compatibility patch.
I only suggested immersion mods such as frostfall, campfire, OBIS, patrols.
Anyways the SE is a lot nicer than what I expected. Only things I really miss at this point are my immersion mods + UNP/face textures/hairstyles etc. In good time though they'll be back hopefully, I'm sick of my frumpy looking Nord. Btw some more info:
the mods I use with Legendary wouldn't be compatible with SE?

*** :(

and tbh I don't mind all my Nord males looking like Till Lindemann of Rammstein :monkey-37:

Opulence

the mods I use with Legendary wouldn't be compatible with SE?

*** :(

and tbh I don't mind all my Nord males looking like Till Lindemann of Rammstein :monkey-37:
If it runs on scripts it needs an update. Mods w/o scripts are probably fine but I think they need some type of conversion (as far as I know). If you check other server more mods get reuploaded every day.

scatterer3

Well there you go, Kaid aka Skyrim Goddess  :police:

Offline Madaa

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Crazy