Epic Perfect World

Patch v52

Offline KingCobra

• quited/inactive.

i can also tell u that i saw a guy getting 3x interval on a sin wrists with just 3 tries, and thats around 0.00002% possible to get. (at least on the database, but im starting to think its a lie...lol since i see more than 15 people with 3x interval on wrists)

w0w,15 ppl? i only saw 2 more sins exept me,i talked to 1 of em she said she got em 15th try,i myself got em 4th try,idk about the other sin but i dun think he spend a lot on em,i even saw a bm with 3x int on wrists,i think you should worry about that,coz...4.0 base with dual edges? ? ? ? ?!
and btw,its like only nabs got em,ppl that dun expect getting em. A friend wasted 47k ec on trying to make them,failed,and quited.
so take it easy on dem sin aps. es not that awesome as everyone think. '-'

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
  so take it easy on dem sin aps. es not that awesome as everyone think. '-'

Neither is dieing so fast from an unsparked sin without being debuffed that a charm wont even tick just because they are 5.0 with windshield.

Offline KingCobra

• quited/inactive.

Neither is dieing so fast from an unsparked sin without being debuffed that a charm wont even tick just because they are 5.0 with windshield.

Son,i hab 0 atk lv,3 from seeker boof,i too op. 500 crit on wr.too much hax '-'
and about the magic classes,they die faster from an archer then they do from me. '-'
And ye,es so fun being 1 shoted from R8 mage ^ 73k non crit,i got only 35k hp.
Last Edit: Jan 18, 2013, 11:43 am by KingCobra
and about the magic classes,they die faster from an archer then they do from me. '-'

oh man you guys we have another LALALALALALLALALA NOT OP LALALLALALALLALALA sin here

Offline KingCobra

• quited/inactive.
oh man you guys we have another LALALALALALLALALA NOT OP LALALLALALALLALALA sin here
Dun do drugs son,es bad. '-'

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
*puts up peace signs*

It's kinda sad that some people, like studmuffin, who'd quit their wizards/venos/etc. to go for the easier psychic because of the channeling issue.  I play a wizzie as my main alt and while she's not 145 just yet (143 as of this posting), I enjoy playing her a lot.  It saddens me that if I ever want to pk with her and do measurable damage, I'd have to go for r8r, which is a goal that I have eventually, but not right when I hit 150 and definitely not before my archer (I have a priority system when it comes to gearing my chars, I have 6 of them after all, lol).  I do understand the trade-off though--do you want to hit hard, but sacrifice some -chan, or do you want to channel faster but not hit as hard?

Think of it like this--a 5.0 sin will not hit as hard as one with less aps, but they hit faster.  Or at least that's how it's supposed to be, no?

I dunno...I feel that if someone feels that the balance is off between r8r and dragon that they switch to a char that doesn't feel the imbalance as much then something's wrong somewhere.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran

If you had read my previous posts, which I am not surprised you havn't, you would know I am not a mage. They can 1shot me as well. Use your deaden if you don't want to get 1shot, at least you have stealth and a buff that prevents it and just about any other debuff.  Anyway, from personal experience I know sins with 5.0 have a tendency to glitch past my charm. Thats all I'm saying, thats from personal experience and I don't see how you not having the timing to prevent a mage from 1shotting you trough all your stuns has anything to do with it.
*puts up peace signs*

It's kinda sad that some people, like studmuffin, who'd quit their wizards/venos/etc. to go for the easier psychic because of the channeling issue.  I play a wizzie as my main alt and while she's not 145 just yet (143 as of this posting), I enjoy playing her a lot.  It saddens me that if I ever want to pk with her and do measurable damage, I'd have to go for r8r, which is a goal that I have eventually, but not right when I hit 150 and definitely not before my archer (I have a priority system when it comes to gearing my chars, I have 6 of them after all, lol).  I do understand the trade-off though--do you want to hit hard, but sacrifice some -chan, or do you want to channel faster but not hit as hard?

Think of it like this--a 5.0 sin will not hit as hard as one with less aps, but they hit faster.  Or at least that's how it's supposed to be, no?

I dunno...I feel that if someone feels that the balance is off between r8r and dragon that they switch to a char that doesn't feel the imbalance as much then something's wrong somewhere.

the thing is that it's not just easier to play a psychic than it is to play a wizard (which it is) but a psychic can do a wizards job and more..... it can put out a ton of dmg like the wizard can while providing more CC and more AOEs than a wizard WHILE being able to survive more than a wizard because of their buffs.

and again my point isn't to make wizzies op because I want the game to be easier for myself (I'm maining a psychic regardless of whether wizzies get the -channeling or not) but simply so wizzies, clerics and venos will have decent channeling (and they won't have the same channeling as psychics nor mystics either)

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
the thing is that it's not just easier to play a psychic than it is to play a wizard (which it is) but a psychic can do a wizards job and more..... it can put out a ton of dmg like the wizard can while providing more CC and more AOEs than a wizard WHILE being able to survive more than a wizard because of their buffs.

and again my point isn't to make wizzies op because I want the game to be easier for myself (I'm maining a psychic regardless of whether wizzies get the -channeling or not) but simply so wizzies, clerics and venos will have decent channeling (and they won't have the same channeling as psychics nor mystics either)

Oh I know, I played a psy on PWI.  Lemme rephrase that--I played a wiz then a psychic and ended up retiring my wiz when I noticed my psy's damage output was absolutely nuts with the same gear (barring soulsphere obviously).  Psy is easy mode, which is why when I came to this server I said that if I ever made a psychic, as enjoyable as one is to play, it'd be the last class I'd play. 

(Although, I should put that sphere I have in my bank to good use, my husband isn't leveling his psychic fast enough, lmao)

If you had read my previous posts, which I am not surprised you havn't, you would know I am not a mage. They can 1shot me as well. Use your deaden if you don't want to get 1shot, at least you have stealth and a buff that prevents it and just about any other debuff.  Anyway, from personal experience I know sins with 5.0 have a tendency to glitch past my charm. Thats all I'm saying, thats from personal experience and I don't see how you not having the timing to prevent a mage from 1shotting you trough all your stuns has anything to do with it.

In his defense, he's probably one of them sins that just aps things to death and hope for the best.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)
Oh I know, I played a psy on PWI.  Lemme rephrase that--I played a wiz then a psychic and ended up retiring my wiz when I noticed my psy's damage output was absolutely nuts with the same gear (barring soulsphere obviously).  Psy is easy mode, which is why when I came to this server I said that if I ever made a psychic, as enjoyable as one is to play, it'd be the last class I'd play. 

(Although, I should put that sphere I have in my bank to good use, my husband isn't leveling his psychic fast enough, lmao)

In his defense, he's probably one of them sins that just aps things to death and hope for the best.

yep that used to be my mind set until recently.... I finally gave into the peer pressure of the OPness and i think eventually most people are..... in fact i think most people have already

Offline Callisto

am i the only one having troubles updating? >.<

Offline Zu

• I'm Noob
>.< is there something wrong? , the new slightly of pataka need about 420 STR ?? damn , how could it be

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
  • Feel free to PM ingame if you need any help
IMO the problem can be solved by editing R8R. They should give it fixed stats with 20 attack and def lvls from the set and no aps/chan. Weap can have 15 attack lvls/purify/GoF or whatever as main stat, and the rest will be +5 attack/ def lvls. No chance of aps or channel. Then even though R8R will still be better than dragon, dragon will still be viable for different builds, and even the OPness difference between 2 different R8R sets will be reduced or at least minimized.
ShinyWB Demon Barbarian WildBunch
NaturalTouch Demon Mystic Ducks
LolCrits Sage Assassin
Fistings Demon Blademaster Rawr
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock. I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a Duck?

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
No, R8 is purely based on luck and those whoever gets the best gear from their luck, budget or unlimited visa credit will dominate the game. Its a way to give more fundings and in which something to do other than they releasing after-dragon-gen gears which in most people's perspective, would be boring as then you're just having to aim for higher and higher gear to meet the -standard- to PvP. R8 fixed this by making the stats completely random; by this it eliminates the need for gear standard, because everything you get is random. Sure, there will be stats you'll hope to achieve or acquire through your deep pockets, but either way you shouldn't aim for true perfection in a RPG cause that's another way of saying you have no life but the one you spent to perfect your character on a game.

In short, R8 is there to keep server alive and give people that qq's about nothing to do, something to do.
It's OP and overshroud dragon gear on some classes yeah, but that was its main purpose from the beginning. There is choice between gear selection i.e Mages/venos/mystics choosing between chan and damage (apart from mage which appearantly ditched dragon for the damage in hopes of still being able to oneshot 35 people in group PK aoe, which in honesty, never happens anymore).

Consider it... Nirvana gear for EPW. You aim for the best stats but before you would get to said stats PWI releases a 2k patch which will give you the best gears for the price of $200.
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
  • Feel free to PM ingame if you need any help
I agree that maybe this luck-based strategy has it merits and am willing to accept your opinion. However, I feel that it should not render dragon gear completely obsolete, and outclass it by 45 def lvls, ~60 attack lvls, double the aps, or random awesome effects (GoF, Purify). A large difference is alright and expected, but not so large that dragon beside R8R looks like primal beside dragon.
ShinyWB Demon Barbarian WildBunch
NaturalTouch Demon Mystic Ducks
LolCrits Sage Assassin
Fistings Demon Blademaster Rawr
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock. I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a Duck?