Epic Perfect World

Soul of Silence - self cast only?

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Please give me yes or no, possibly with some reason why, I want to know your opinions before or if should I apply this change.

Offline mizukano

SoS cata barb OP...imo having SoS on barbs on this server is way too much tho since they have so much resistances and HP its like getting thru such a strong barrier. if you dont have the power to kill them fast then they wont die which is a good reason to have SoS selfcast only.

Offline ikite

i would have to agree self cast only

Zenon

Yes, selfcast only would balance the pk a little more, getting a seeker or a barb SoS buff makes them to hard to kill.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
As much as this pains me to say (coming from a former psychic on PWI), yes.

This server's endgame is all about the PK.  And while I haven't experienced it in depth just yet, I can understand why people would want Soul of Silence self cast only.  Psychics have ridiculous soulforce (hence why weapons can't be refined, imagine if they could be), and they can seal an aps char to the point where they would never be able to attack.  Having a 20%-ish chance to seal on attack is a lot, especially for aps chars.

What may end up happening is a bunch of psychics (or psychic alts) ragequitting their psychics, but people are making psychics to just buff other chars, like seekers and barbs, both of which are a pain in the ass to kill).  Where's the balance there?  Sure there's a genie skill that can combat it, but with how often soul of silence procs, your genie will be on cooldown half the time. 

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
Omg no plzzzzz How I pk with no SoS?? /rq

Sarcasm aside, pretty much anyone here will say SoS should be kept self buff (even though they use it on other classes). It doesn't imbalance pk that much, well as a caster class it isn't much of a pain to kill an archer or an assassin with soul of silence. However, I must point out to how this will benefit aps classes more as psychic isn't hard class to kill and other classes won't be able to have it now. However, it really should be kept self buff, even though it wasn't its original state. It will benefit aps classes, but hopefully it will balance the game more and there will be one more slot for a genie skill knowing that we won't have to deal with SoS that often.

And yeah, this thread will get a bunch of troll posts once someone comes and says that it should be left the way it is.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline AOH

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aids
  • Faction: Ŧα†αlι†y
SoS should be self cast only. There is no reason any other class should have that buff. please go ahead n make that self cast only :D

Offline necroangel

yes please .......when given to other classes it in a matter of speaking unbalances the game

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
Yes selfcast only please.  I'm sick of seeing catabarbs with SoS
I'm basically 40

Offline keltnerj2

• Beginner
lol. yes it should be only be self psy buff.

Offline Stella

• Lovin u is Red
Yes Because I am tired of everyone having it in TW Q-Q

Offline exe626

• brb
  • Faction: Xpendable
but without soul of silence, MaximumArmar will probably quit the server.  :sad:

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
^ that made me lol.

I do feel bad for him always getting killed after farming ec. Last time me and my hubby killed him we gave it back :D

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
SoS should only be a self buff..Main reason it can't be purged.  Every TW the barbs, clerics, ect use it..Not much fairness there.

Offline WorldBosh

Self-buff only, obviously. The only reason people can put up with it VS a psy is because they're squishy outside of white. A barb or seeker with it is just...damn x.x.