Epic Perfect World

Trial 6 Incentive.

OmegaRa

Hello,

This one is a PVE suggestion, so before you pick up your pitchforks and try to hunt me down for suggesting what I am about to please think of it for a minute. 

In many guilds, while doing Trials, Trial 6 is usually put down to 2, 3 maybe even 4 people at max doing it. This, whIle at the same time there's about 20 people who are 'AFK' essentially making those who are actually around frustrated because the workload is packed on their backs to do it. This trial was made to be a cooperative trial, but it became a burden to do, especially when there's perfectly able-to-participate people, but they simply dont.

I suggest having each turn-in on this trial to give you 5
 PE (or a negotiable amount or other item) as an incentive for people to want to assist in this trial. This would not be abused granted there's only a handful of turn ins you can do, and the incentive will make it competitive, and speed related as it was intended.

Needless to say, however, my main tackle is to find a way to get rid of the frustration we can get from being the only individuals doing this trial while many others choose to just AFK through it. I wouldn't even mind getting rid of the overall reward of that trial just to prove a point.

Please discuss and +1/-1 with reasons.

kitty stew

you can always solo Eternity making your own guild, then you reap more rewards

in guilds not everything will be equal

OmegaRa

you can always solo Eternity making your own guild, then you reap more rewards

in guilds not everything will be equal

This is true. Thanks for your input.
What about a 1-time reward for each iteration  (so if we use the PE Example, 5 x 4 =20), would that be something a bit more appealing?  Take in mind even if you're soloing it would take a considerableamount of time just to do by one self.

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• #1 Vit Build Metal Mage
  • Noop since 2012.
  • Characters: 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀
Most trials I do people tend to just rotate turns doing things in trials; so at various points everyone is 'AFK' somewhere each week. I don't really see it as an issue, but that might just be my guild - so I guess i'll see what other people say. 

When you get rid of your best Cata EP
Artifex lost 80 vs 30 in ten minutes

Offline Demonaa

• Forum Veteran
  • Retired rofl .I.
  • Faction: Tyrants #1
PE (or a negotiable amount or other item) as an incentive for people to want to assist in this trial. This would not be abused granted there's only a handful of turn ins you can do, and the incentive will make it competitive, and speed related as it was intended.

Needless to say, however, my main tackle is to find a way to get rid of the frustration we can get from being the only individuals doing this trial while many others choose to just AFK through it. I wouldn't even mind getting rid of the overall reward of that trial just to prove a point.

Yep i feel you +, i guess that would be nice but yeah, let's see what others have to say  :-X

kitty stew

This is true. Thanks for your input. What about a 1-time reward for each iteration (so if we use the PE Example, 5 x 4 =20), would that be something a bit more appealing? Take in mind even if you're soloing it would take a considerableamount of time just to do by one self.
takes me 30-70 mins to solo depending on what quests I get.. this is what I do solo:

- enter with everyone, park them at npc with yellow quest
- start trial on leader, see what first quest is (if it's tree stumps first I leave on all toons and let it reset)
- if it's a ground mob quest, take yellow quest on everyone, follow squad leaders to a group of mobs, have a seeker kill a mob, pick up yellow quest drop, aoe mobs
- pick quest reward drop first on everyone
- fill up inventory on a pick toon, however many items is required, leave that in inventory.. pick up only the required mats to fill inventory.. pick will only pick up those specific mats
- pick up to 54 of each mats (if 2 is required for any item pick 108)
- bring all toons back to main npc
- turn in quest, see what 2nd pick quest is, if it's tree stumps, take the leftover drops from last quest, turn them in on 18 toons, dropping the mats, picking them up, and turning in.. if not tree stump quest, take picker and seeker, picker gets 2x each item (instead of 3x like first set), one set for turning in, and another for later
- when done bring picker and seeker to npc
- have picker turn in that set, so it's 2/4 done
- for 3/4 and 4/4 take the two sets of items you got from the first two quests, drop and pick up on other toons, turning in two each.. with 18+ alts besides picker can complete sets 3/4 and 4/4 this way.. even better if either 3/4 or 4/4 are a repeat of 1/4 or 2/4, then you can turn it in on one toon repeatedly and quickly

writing it out makes it seem like a lot of effort but it really isn't

our main two squads (sometimes wife helps but mostly I solo) that do the trials are as follows

Squad 1) Barb, Sin, Mystic, Dusk, Storm, Wiz, Wiz, Psy, Veno, BM
Squad 2) Barb, Sin (Sage), Cleric, Seeker, Seeker, Seeker, Seeker, Seeker, Seeker, Seeker

Last Edit: Oct 26, 2016, 12:30 pm by kitty stew

Offline Error404: Gitgud

• Moderated
  • of House Tyrant ✩
  • Characters: SkillSender/StickToPVE
  • Faction: Tyrants
Hello,

This one is a PVE suggestion, so before you pick up your pitchforks and try to hunt me down for suggesting what I am about to please think of it for a minute.

In many guilds, while doing Trials, Trial 6 is usually put down to 2, 3 maybe even 4 people at max doing it. This, whIle at the same time there's about 20 people who are 'AFK' essentially making those who are actually around frustrated because the workload is packed on their backs to do it. This trial was made to be a cooperative trial, but it became a burden to do, especially when there's perfectly able-to-participate people, but they simply dont.

PE (or a negotiable amount or other item) as an incentive for people to want to assist in this trial. This would not be abused granted there's only a handful of turn ins you can do, and the incentive will make it competitive, and speed related as it was intended.

-1 I usually help other trials so I don't feel necessity to help in this one
mainly because its too time consuming
I usually afk and have someone skype me when trial over then back at it

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
-1, can be abused by tryhards.

Offline Mars Attacks!

• Forum Veteran
Then your guild is just bad. When I do Eternity it's 2 squads running all over the place gathering mats and the rounds don't take longer than 5~10 min each.

Offline Kia

Then your guild is just bad. When I do Eternity it's 2 squads running all over the place gathering mats and the rounds don't take longer than 5~10 min each.
This.

And you can even take turns. All it takes is a little coordination.

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
-1 I usually help other trials so I don't feel necessity to help in this one
mainly because its too time consuming
I usually afk and have someone skype me when trial over then back at it
that's exactly what he's saying, its frustrating when only a handful or less are doing it when you have at least 20 standing around, making it take even longer.
Last Edit: Oct 26, 2016, 06:18 pm by Lolly

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
True. It really doesn't take that long.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
-1 Trials need to be shortened imo with lowered rewards, but giving more rewards to an already highly-rewarding system (for the amount of time put in) is dumb.

zSavX

takes me 30-70 mins to solo depending on what quests I get.. this is what I do solo:

- enter with everyone, park them at npc with yellow quest
- start trial on leader, see what first quest is (if it's tree stumps first I leave on all toons and let it reset)
- if it's a ground mob quest, take yellow quest on everyone, follow squad leaders to a group of mobs, have a seeker kill a mob, pick up yellow quest drop, aoe mobs
- pick quest reward drop first on everyone
- fill up inventory on a pick toon, however many items is required, leave that in inventory.. pick up only the required mats to fill inventory.. pick will only pick up those specific mats
- pick up to 54 of each mats (if 2 is required for any item pick 108)
- bring all toons back to main npc
- turn in quest, see what 2nd pick quest is, if it's tree stumps, take the leftover drops from last quest, turn them in on 18 toons, dropping the mats, picking them up, and turning in.. if not tree stump quest, take picker and seeker, picker gets 2x each item (instead of 3x like first set), one set for turning in, and another for later
- when done bring picker and seeker to npc
- have picker turn in that set, so it's 2/4 done
- for 3/4 and 4/4 take the two sets of items you got from the first two quests, drop and pick up on other toons, turning in two each.. with 18+ alts besides picker can complete sets 3/4 and 4/4 this way.. even better if either 3/4 or 4/4 are a repeat of 1/4 or 2/4, then you can turn it in on one toon repeatedly and quickly

writing it out makes it seem like a lot of effort but it really isn't

our main two squads (sometimes wife helps but mostly I solo) that do the trials are as follows

Squad 1) Barb, Sin, Mystic, Dusk, Storm, Wiz, Wiz, Psy, Veno, BM
Squad 2) Barb, Sin (Sage), Cleric, Seeker, Seeker, Seeker, Seeker, Seeker, Seeker, Seeker

-1, can be abused by tryhards.
No one ever thinks of abusing stuff until you openly state it out or your Fujin...

kitty stew

-1, can be abused by tryhards. No one ever thinks of abusing stuff until you openly state it out or your Fujin...
I dunno what you mean by abuse

everyone including Agatio knows I'm one of the best farmers on this server, it's perfectly okay to farm things using many toons.. there's no abuse whatsoever just because you have a computer that can handle many clients and the multiboxing skills to do it

what abuse is, on the other hand, is using bots or modified pw clients like some certain others have done to farm for you