Epic Perfect World

Wedding Ceremony guide

Offline IMN666

• Poor, Ugly, Happy
  • Bah-weep-graghnah-weep-ninni-bong
  • Characters: Maloth, Aceso
took this from PWI forums: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=835992

This is a guide for the new PW wedding ceremony. I was lucky enough to be invited to a wedding, and had a good time there. (Thanks Nick & Vosh!)

Before the ceremony starts:

For the wedding-planners, you will need:

* About 6.8 million coins (maybe more? Definitely less than 7 million though) to summon the Jealous Ex-. Each summons costs that amount, and you can summon an Ex- multiple times.

Guests:
* 66,666 coins to purchase flower petals to toss over the bride or groom (if you like).
* 20,000 coins to purchase a guest corsage (I couldn't equip it, and I'm not sure if you actually have to buy one in order to be counted in the scoring)

Everyone:
I suggest doing all this at least 10 minutes before the ceremony!
Grab your wedding invitation and put it in your inventory.
Make sure you have at least 4 open spots in your backpack now, you will need them for items you pick up at the wedding.
Go to the Eldest Matchmaker (523, 656) in Archosaur.
Select "Quest Related", and the first line that says to teleport you to the foyer.

At the foyer:
Now right-click on the invitation in your backpack, and it will teleport you to the chapel.
Here, we accidentally summoned the Jealous Ex- right away. I'm not sure if that was worth it, because it did not seem to count towards our final scores.
So, I advise NOT summoning the Jealous Ex- right away.

Bride & Groom:
Get into a squad together, with the groom having Lead. (Not sure if this is necessary, but apparently the quest Heart with Heart won't end otherwise?)
Talk to the person in the chapel when you first get there, and scroll all the way to the bottom. I believe (I was told), you then have an option to start the ceremony.

Go down to the altar. There is a priest there. Not sure, but I believe one of either the groom or bride must talk to the priest.

The ceremony then starts in 3 minutes. In these 3 minutes, you can prepare for the attack of the jealous ex- if you plan on summoning him:
Buff everyone.
Get into a squad.

During the ceremony, someone should go pay the roughly 6.8 million coins to summon the Ex-.

Party Crashers and the Ex- arrive on the scene, to take the bride away. Everyone should fight. For participating in the defense of the bride, you get Contribution Points. People who obtain at least 100 points get a reward for helping out at the end. You also get Contribution Points for grabbing bouquets that spawn.

According to the message displayed during the wedding, the more everyone contributes, the higher the total Contribution score will be. The bride and groom get different things depending on the final score at the end of the wedding; the tiers are 30k, 60k, and 90k points. You also receive a reward if you obtain at least 100 Contribution Points.

The bouquets will keep spawning in the area just behind the last bench in the chapel until the wedding ends; if there are a lot of people at the wedding, it might be better to summon another Ex- and defeat him while another group harvests the bouquets (there are only a limited number of bouquets that spawn, you should see how many people it takes to harvest them all when they spawn and let them harvest while everyone else fights -- we didn't know we could summon multiple Ex-'s, so we missed out on this). By the way, using Heaven's Wrath does affect people outside of squad in the chapel. More Ex- kills means more Contribution points; if you hit 90k, the bride and groom apparently get something nice.

You can check your contribution points by clicking on the circle at the upper-left of the green text (the text appears after the ceremony starts).

IMPORTANT
The Groom must, apparently, manually end the wedding by talking to the priest again, before the wedding ends on its own (i.e. if it is scheduled to end by 6p, the bride/groom must talk to the priest again BEFORE that in order for everyone to get a reward). At the end of the wedding, everyone is automatically teleported back out to Archosaur, so again it's important to talk to the priest and end the quest before that happens.

Rewards for the guests:
You will get a box with a reward inside. Possible rewards are:
50, 100, or 150 mirage stones
8 hyperstones
5 random pigments

Thanks to the Krusaders faction on Sanctuary for figuring out all the details.

I hope this guide helps everyone!